Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    just most famous. if a random person in the world was asked: "who is [this person]", who would most people know about.

i am 100% sure it is george washington
    More importantly, who does the person (who is wrong) think it is?

I'd say George, Lincoln, and FDR would be top 3 more often than not - those three are usually the ones that come to mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    idk it's not one person, it's a big discussion we're having about the most famous historical (worldwide) american. coincidentally it's about Fate and who would make the most sense as a Servant so i guess it's anime related

i mean edison is probably the only comparable one, but some think lincoln or JFK are equal to washington. that's just bogus. nobody knows who the fuck those guys are, at most it'd be "the guy with the beard and hat" and "the president who was killed"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I'd say George, Lincoln, and FDR would be top 3 more often than not - those three are usually the ones that come to mind.
    The fact that I didn't instantly know who fdr is takes him out of the equation

- - - Updated - - -

idk it's not one person, it's a big discussion we're having about the most famous historical (worldwide) american. coincidentally it's about Fate and who would make the most sense as a Servant so i guess it's anime related

i mean edison is probably the only comparable one, but some think lincoln or JFK are equal to washington. that's just bogus. nobody knows who the fuck those guys are, at most it'd be "the guy with the beard and hat" and "the president who was killed"
    personally I would take edison, I don't know anyone who doesn't know who he is. the rest are just presidents. honestly I would say obama is the most famous american at this point though.

nobody knows who the fuck those guys are, at most it'd be "the guy with the beard and hat" and "the president who was killed"
    That's nonsense. Is Washington just "the guy on the dollar bill"? ...I'm not sure where Shadow got FDR from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    That's nonsense. Is Washington just "the guy on the dollar bill"? ...I'm not sure where Shadow got FDR from.
    we are talking worldwide fame. "the guy on the dollar bill" wouldn't even be an idea since most people probably have no idea who are on the american bills. i certainly don't.

worldwide, lincoln is barely known and JFK is only know for his assassination. at the very least i'm sure most people know washington as the guy with the funny hair who founded america

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    The fact that I didn't instantly know who fdr is takes him out of the equation
    Isn't that Roosevelt?

who is most famous worldwide:

lincoln
    JFK
    edison
    columbus
    or george washington

i need to know for an internet argument

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    personally I would take edison, I don't know anyone who doesn't know who he is. the rest are just presidents. honestly I would say obama is the most famous american at this point though.
    As someone not from America I'd say Washington or Edison. Columbus discovered America, but to me it wouldn't make sense if he became an american Fate servant, European would make more sense imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are talking worldwide fame. "the guy on the dollar bill" wouldn't even be an idea since most people probably have no idea who are on the american bills. i certainly don't.
    I thought you guys put an ape on the $20?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Isn't that Roosevelt?
    Yeah I think it is, but I didn't know who it was instantly unlike the rest of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone not from America I'd say Washington or Edison. Columbus discovered America, but to me it wouldn't make sense if he became an american Fate servant, European would make more sense imo.
    well honestly i think most people would correlate columbus to the USA, even if that's factually incorrect.

for example, eiyuu senki (a japanese game that has cute anime girl versions of quite a lot of historical people) has columbus as the representative of america. which is dumb but it's not surprising.

KanColle Film's Teaser Video Previews Animation

The official website for the Kan Colle anime film began streaming a 45-second teaser video on Saturday. The video previews animation for the film, titled Gekijō-ban Kan Colle (Kan Colle Movie Edition), and focuses on Fubuki.
    It should have been Kongou the movie instead of shitty Fubuki.

15+ Year Old Account
    columbus, just like how i pictured him in my history books

10+ Year Old Account

historically accurate right there.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CDG5GLO.png[IMG]
    Japan just loves to turn eerything into an anime grill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan just loves to turn eerything into an anime grill.
    And I love that they love to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    who is most famous worldwide:

lincoln
    JFK
    edison
    columbus
    or george washington

i need to know for an internet argument
    At least from an Americans standpoint it would go:

Washington > Lincoln > Edison > Columbus > JFK

I may switch Edison and Columbus for worldwide.

Worldwide it would probably go about the same order. Washington should by far be the most famous, being the first president, a wartime hero, and what the capital of America is named after. JFK would not be as well known worldwide, mainly from being more recent and not having contributed as much, bringing him in last. Columbus is probably not as well known as he should be, but that may be good since he was responsible for mass genocide (arguably). Even though he did "discover" (For the Europeans) the New World, so I would put him second to last. Lincoln and Edison are more "famous" than those two in any way I can think of, but Lincoln would be more well known than Edison, from being arguably the most famous President for being a President (removing Washington from that, since he was more famous for his battles and actually being the "first"). Lincoln on the other hand united America post civil war, and is attributed to many other great things.

Even going to D.C. you will see Washington and Lincoln recognized far more than the other three.

- - - Updated - - -

worldwide, lincoln is barely known and JFK is only know for his assassination. at the very least i'm sure most people know washington as the guy with the funny hair who founded america
    Worldwide I would assume Lincoln would be very well known. It's like saying people don't know who Napoleon is, or they don't know who Ghandi is. Lincoln uniting America from a civil war is very impactful to the history of the world. I would agree on JFK though.

Interestingly, Lincoln was actually internationally known at the time of his presidency/death. Random side fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is about an American Fate servant, I could easily see Washington on it above any of the others, easily. Washington embodies the history of America, and is by far the more "warlike" of the lot of them. There's plenty of paintings and other art depicting Washington going to war or in his uniform that can be based off of it. The rest just would not fit as well. Columbus would be an okay standalone Fate servant, but wouldn't be an American one, but a European one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Interestingly, Lincoln was actually internationally known at the time of his presidency/death. Random side fact.
    I would assume the American civil war would have been consistently on headlines worldwide while it was happening.

I would ask my Dad about this, since he's a World and American history professor, so he would know both sides, but he's asleep.

I'll ask him in the morning and see his thoughts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Can you watch iron blooded orphans without having seen any gundam?
    Definitely yes. It's like the Final Fantasy games: you might miss out on a few references here and there, but there's no problem at all with your first title in the franchise being the latest one.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-04-23 at 07:25 AM.

Cute Fox girl (nsfw)
    https://cdn.awwni.me/spyx.jpg

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Cute Fox girl (nsfw)
    https://cdn.awwni.me/spyx.jpg
    It's not nsfw if it's that cute