Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because Legion isn't even remotely looking like WoD. It's too early to tell what it's looking like, but definitely not WoD. An emphasis so far has been made on dungeoning and world events with a minor side feature that resembles the garrison table and people kinda just freaked out about it. Do I want it in the game? Not really, but I also don't think stuff like that is bad if it's not made into a core feature of the game. As minor side-fluff, it's....still not great but not inexcusable.

I don't disagree that WoD is a trainwreck and for the time being I've jumped ship for about over a year now. I would call myself a Blizzard fan though because even though I don't exactly like the company as much as I used to, I still often play their games and enjoy them quite a lot and consider them to be one of the smartest and highest-quality game designers on the market. That being said, WoD was an easily avoidable catastrophe and watching it burn while there have been easy solutions right in their face (and in past expansions!) and watching it just go over their heads is mind-blowing.

That being said, I haven't totally lost faith in Blizzard yet because Mists of Pandaria was easily the best expansion they have ever made, at least in my eyes. If I write WoD and Cataclysm out of the equation, WoW has only gone up for me over the years. It's just that WoD was such a sharp and damning failure that I don't know if it can recover this time.

Well, I honestly don't understand where all the hate for WoD comes from.

WoD has it's flaws, sure, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    overwhelming evidence that the game is in a brutal decline
    What? Where? This is totally exaggerated. I am sure even the biggest hater has more /played at lv100 on his chars than he spends with any other game. WoD is a solid game, maybe not the best expansion Blizzard did but still nowhere near the complete failure the haters say it is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    So my question is, with overwhelming evidence that the game is in a brutal decline, why do people still go out of their way to defend Blizzard and the current product?
    Because WOW is still one of the top 5 MMOs on the market. I have played many of the others yet even after a four year absence I still prefer WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Spamming passive aggressive memes of anything and everything Blizzard developers say is hardly valid criticism.
    Case in point: the OP's claims that order halls are "garrisions 2.0" in spite of everything Blizzard developers have said about how order halls will work not to mention all the actual people in the Legion alpha saying they are not "garrisons 2.0".

Quote Originally Posted by theArcaneBagel View Post
    Because I still enjoy it. That's it. I like the game and the direction it's going because it fits my playstyle. Call me a filthy casual, or a newb (although I've played since late Vanilla), but I still enjoy the game. I don't need to explain why, I just do. I defend Blizzard because, again, I like the way the game is progressing. That's my opinion, and that's all that matters to me.
    This. And Legion is looking good, class identity coming back, class halls are nothing like garisson (at all), dungeons seem to stay relevant, world quests are great, artifacts are awesome and then some. Only negative, for me, is no flying, but I'll see how that plays out.

God forbid anyone like things you hate. Just because some people aren't going into hysterics over every little minor thing or shitposting all over these forums and the official forums doesn't mean they are fanboys. They are as entitled to their opinion as you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the haters here have practically turned their fanatical hate of Blizzard into some sort of religious crusade and yet have the gall to refer to others as "stockholm syndrome victims" of Wow simply because they disagree with them. If anyone are fanboys it is the vitriolic haters who can't seem to let go of the game no matter what.
    I pretty much see that behavior on both sides.

There was a point when I thought talking about the direction WoW was taking might help change things for the better. Then I realized Blizzard has just decided to take the game into a completely different direction from what I loved about WoW when it first came out. So I gave up on bitching about it... for the most part anyway.

While I can see that WoW still has a lot to offer, and if people enjoy it that is good enough for them. I do find it laughable they still call it an MMO*RPG* though.

I do also feel that if every time you logged in, a hand come out of your monitor and hit you in the head with a brick, that a segment of the players would still claim it was the best thing ever, and how getting hit in the head with a brick was invigorating, and just proves how innovative Blizzard is.

That said, on the flip side, even if the game were to become everything the haters asked for, they will still find something to complain about.

thats because they dont know where to go with it anymore, theyve drugged it through the dirt. most of the elite players have left due to the simplified version, what other way to go but down and make it for the masses and new players.

this game has become a game where you get a trophy just for participating, just like how life has become. everyone has to be a fucking winner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaarashatan View Post
    thats because they dont know where to go with it anymore, theyve drugged it through the dirt. most of the elite players have left due to the simplified version, what other way to go but down and make it for the masses and new players.

this game has become a game where you get a trophy just for participating, just like how life has become. everyone has to be a fucking winner
    You don't do much life then, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    "i don't like this game and wan't to quit but i can't because i hove no will, so i want others to tell me that the game is garbage so i'll have easier time to quit it" thread
    This kind of behavior is what makes people fanboys but the haters can't seem to comprehend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrBaldhead View Post
    Be a responsible customer. Vote with your money. Do not pay and wait for a sudden enlightenment of game designers' minds. Because when you do, they feel entitled and we get phrases like "you think you do but you don't" and so on.
    Yet if you actually enjoy a glorified subscription-based social network which requires 30Gb of client software, well, good for you.
    Having an opinion different than yours makes Blizzard devs entitled? Get the fuck out of here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because for me WoD was the expantion I enjoyed the most. I won't deny its flaws but WoD has by far the best raiding experience so far. It's the first expantion that I really would have to think hard to say what more can be done to make raiding better. Mythic is really fun. Flex options and custom LFG work like a charm for pugging stuff. I would even say that if raiding was like this in Cata we wouldn't see such huge sub loss since (it would still be there but less drastic).

Also, some of things people critisize about WoD so much I personally view as good things. For example I can't agree with the lack of content argument as WoD offers quite a big variety of things to do. The difference to older WoW is tho majority of that content is optional. For me it's a huge bouns but I guess some people view optional content as no content. I love garissons. Some things in them could have been done better especially alts' garrisons. But in general the experience has been very possitive for me. I like what they are trying to do with 5mans. WoD 5 mans sure looked a lot like experimenting but it seems they might be onto something good for Legion thanks to that.

I would even add that in this expantion I was considering quitting due to some guild switching issues. The ONLY reason I haven't was that I felt it's such a shame to quit when I enjoy the expantion so much. So I've decided to stay and my guild status somehow worked out so I'm glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Most of the time I hear people say that $15 dollars a month isn't bad since they enjoy the game despite clearly being ripped off.
    No one was ripped off. This is a good example of something that is an opinion and not a fact.

I enjoy playing the game. I enjoy chatting with people in the game. I guess that makes me a "Blizzdrone Shill"!

I've played most of the other MMOs to come out in the last few years and I just enjoy WOW more than I did Wildstar, ESO, etc.
    Last edited by Martymark; 2016-04-23 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaarashatan View Post

This is the reason why I defend Blizzard from the clueless. So called "elite" players leave and that now decides if the game is good or not? Let's even put it more "simple" World of Warcraft is a game, a hobby, not LIFE, not a job! (to 99.99% of the player base)

People need to realize this is not 2004 or 2007, the game has changed, the audience has changed, hell the entire MARKET has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Well, I honestly don't understand where all the hate for WoD comes from.

WoD has it's flaws, sure, but:

What? Where? This is totally exaggerated. I am sure even the biggest hater has more /played at lv100 on his chars than he spends with any other game. WoD is a solid game, maybe not the best expansion Blizzard did but still nowhere near the complete failure the haters say it is.
    Everyone has their own opinion.

For me:
    -My schedule changed, so I can no longer consistently make a serious raid schedule.
    -Questing was awesome... the first time. Little-to-no replay value.
    -Pre-6.2, open world content was effectively non-existent. Pet battle dailies outside the garrison were worthless, treasure hunting was a one-shot event so had no longevity, all reputations were mindless grind (and boring ones at that), Apexis dailies were boring and frustrating (despite the "quest bar" mechanic which, while great conceptually, was implented in a fashion that made the quests more frustrating than they needed to be), Apexis dailies were unrewarding (so that even if you did drag yourself through them, there was little point)
    -Garrisons were enjoyable enough (for me), but destroyed crafting and gathering almost entirely (imo; you can still craft, but it's all about the garrison materials instead of anything else)
    -Lack of flight pre-6.2 made those activities which did exist even less rewarding; the activities were only marginally useful at the best of times, and a lack of flight made getting there take 2-3 times as long, but without any additional challenge, reward, or meaningful gameplay to compensate that extra time
    -Post-6.2, Tanan provided an improvement on daily content, but again, the quest-bar format, while improved from the original apexis dailies, still felt more like an impediment than a boon (while similar systems in other games, such as the Heart quests in GW2, feel like they give you freedom instead of punishing you for doing the wrong thing, which is what WoW's system feels like thus far).

In short: Raiding is still awesome, but I can't do it, WoW PvP (particularly the community) is so awful you couldn't pay me to do it, and without either of those there simply wasn't enough in WoD that was rewarding or enjoyable enough to make it a worthwhile expansion for me.

(I could also reference the storyline, but WoW's storyline has been worse than nothing since Cataclysm so that's nothing new as far as I'm concerned).

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    WoW is doing so poorly that blizzard decided not to publish sub numbers anymore, they've lost about 60% of the player base(more by now) over the course of wod, according to these people though WoW is just fine.

I totally agree with the OP, there are facts out there proving that things are indeed not fine. So why keep lying to yourself like that, what do you hope to accomplish by lying to yourself?

I'm a big wow fan, and i'll probably play it till blizzard shuts the servers down, but i can't deny facts, i don't see how snyone can...
    If Blizzard were at all concerned with how subscription numbers appear they would have stopped announcing them long ago when they were having back to back significant subscriber losses in the millions over multiple quarters. They aren't hiding anything and what makes posts like these so laughable is the fact most of you haters claimed subscription numbers are meaningless because it doesn't actually indicate whether people are playing or not and yet when Blizzard devs basically say they agree with that view all of you still scream bloody murder over it anyway.

Legion is looking great. Already leveled all the way up to level 107 and its still a lot of fun. Its still even alpha, so not everything is done yet. But I am still having much more fun than I had with WoD.

Normal, Heroic and Mythic dungeons are going to be available for launch as it seems.

Speaking of which, Warlords of Draenor only had eight dungeons, one of which was a rehash of an old dungeon. While Legion has ten dungeons, one of which is a rehash of Violet Hold because Dalaran, but it is relevant for lore reasons, not because Blizzard twisted Christie Golden's arm so hard to make some orc character take over an old dungeon.

Legion itself will have two raids available shortly after release, that being Suramar Palace and The Emerald Nightmare. That's already more than WoD had to begin with anyhow.

Not to mention the 9 or so world bosses.

You can see it pessimistic, like I did before I got to play the alpha. Or you can give it a try, wait for the reviews and see for yourself.

Having an opinion different than yours makes Blizzard devs entitled? Get the fuck out of here.
    Having blind and rude fanboys like you does.

Just maybe we like what we have. Minus too little endgame content which seems to be addressed by legion.

Why is everyone astounded by the fact that not everyone shares their thoughts and opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBaldhead View Post
    Having blind and rude fanboys like you does.
    Just because people aren't bending over for the haters doesn't mean they are rude or blind. They simply have an opinion different than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    Just maybe we like what we have. Minus too little endgame content which seems to be addressed by legion.

Why is everyone astounded by the fact that not everyone shares their thoughts and opinions?
    It hurts their arguments that "nobody likes Garrisons" or "everyone wants legacy servers" and other such generalisations and self-serving fibs.

For some reason some people just have the idea that every who partakes in a particular activity feel the same way about it and, often, subsidiary things to that activity.