Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Purchase Boost from 100 to 110?

So since you can pay for character boosts...I wondered if there would be boosts that you could purchase that the price would scale depending on what level you are and what level you're going to ie: the current starting level of a new expansion.

so if im level 80, and want to go to level 100, instead of paying the current boost price, you might only pay $20. could this be something they may implement? WoD isn't exactly the most alt friendly of expansions and charging people full boost price to go from 90 to 100 seems very extreme.

no.

and wod isnt alt friendly?

the expansion that has people leveling from 1-100 in 5 hours isnt alt friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    WoD isn't exactly the most alt friendly of expansions
    What are you smoking? WoD leveling is the easiest leveling experience, literally takes under an hour to get from 92-100, outside of that fact how is WoD not alt friendly? Gearing at max level is easy, getting garrison resources is easy, getting gold is easy, getting anything is easy. It's either you're extremely lazy or ignorant. (by no means is this a "WOD IS THE BEST EXPANSION EVER" post)

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    That it too costly to be alt-friendly.

I level up a new character to 90 with heirlooms alone and it took three weeks, the entire subscription month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That it too costly to be alt-friendly.

I level up a new character to 90 with heirlooms alone and it took three weeks, the entire subscription month.
    is that first part english?

As far as the second part..... you're doing it wrong,really really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    is that first part english?

As far as the second part..... you're doing it wrong,really really wrong.
    How's the first part of his comment not English? Maybe you need to go back to school LOL

And how is he "doing it wrong"? Is he doing it wrong because he isn't using every single EXP boost available and is choosing to level his own way? Is he doing it wrong because he wants to level characters nice and slowly instead of rushing them to max level? Is he doing it wrong because he's not complaining about the levelling system?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    How's the first part of his comment not English? Maybe you need to go back to school LOL

And how is he "doing it wrong"? Is he doing it wrong because he isn't using every single EXP boost available and is choosing to level his own way? Is he doing it wrong because he wants to level characters nice and slowly instead of rushing them to max level? Is he doing it wrong because he's not complaining about the levelling system?
    i leveled a 1 to 100 with a friend and it took like 6-7 hours

we used 1 xp pot and heirlooms and thats it

and the reason why hes doing it wrong is because hes complaining that leveling takes too long, when it in fact does not take long at all

i leveled a 1 to 100 with a friend and it took like 6-7 hours

we used 1 xp pot and heirlooms and thats it

and the reason why hes doing it wrong is because hes complaining that leveling takes too long, when it in fact does not take long at all
    short of the fact that well I have a life, work, kids you know, things that take up time, it was a simple question. are people that incapable of simply "answering what was asked" instead of feeling the knee jerk butt hurt reaction because they think somehow the opinion of levelling in an mmo for me is a bit too time consuming on other alts is offensive?

wont bother next time.

short of the fact that well I have a life, work, kids you know, things that take up time, it was a simple question. are people that incapable of simply "answering what was asked" instead of feeling the knee jerk butt hurt reaction because they think somehow the opinion of levelling in an mmo for me is a bit too time consuming on other alts is offensive?

wont bother next time.
    literally the first thing i said was an answer to the original question

no.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

wont bother next time.
    Well, why rush?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Well, why rush?
    because I already have 2 mains and time doesn't permit me to repeat myself 8 more times.

10+ Year Old Account
    So since you can pay for character boosts...I wondered if there would be boosts that you could purchase that the price would scale depending on what level you are and what level you're going to ie: the current starting level of a new expansion.

so if im level 80, and want to go to level 100, instead of paying the current boost price, you might only pay $20. could this be something they may implement? WoD isn't exactly the most alt friendly of expansions and charging people full boost price to go from 90 to 100 seems very extreme.
    No, I doubt that your idea would be that good a business.

As well, WoD not being alt-friendly? That's a lie.. One of the easiest expansions to have alts in it. As well, more alts = more income in WoD. And leveling in WoD is WAY faster than previous expansions, though on a positive note, it is WAY smoother as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because I already have 2 mains and time doesn't permit me to repeat myself 8 more times.
    I see. I question why you'd want 8 more max leveled characters when you don't have the time to afford 8 more max leveled characters, but I'll attempt to answer your question anyway.

It's probably related to making a simple transaction that is easily understood for players and financial folk who are counting the value of paid character boosts. That's why you see that the costs for a boost are the same, but if your character is already level 60 and you boost them, they get max professions.
    It's cumbersome to count a boost that is valued for less because it's basically pro-rated according to how many levels are earned. It becomes even more cumbersome with subsequent expansions. Are we pro-rating the same way, or do we add 5-10 levels into the equation, or do we think of levels as a percentage and then measure from there?...I'm confusing myself.

why would you boost at 90 anyway, i leveled my warrior 90-100 in 4 hours without flying, was 97? leaving gorgrond skipped talador except for the intro quests and capped early into spires

no.

Garrisons pretty much scream "not alt friendly" at you.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post

The first part makes no fucking sense... stop white knighting.

And yes he's doing it wrong because if it takes you 3 weeks to level to 1-90 with heirlooms... youre doing it wrong or you're playing 10 minutes a day.

- - - Updated - - -

wont bother next time.
    AWwww look at those excuses... isnt that cute.

I also have a life, work, school, you know, things that take up time and since I enjoy my hobby I manage my time, and then dont complain that leveling 1-100 in 10 hours takes too long. Because it doesnt.

The time to level isnt relative to your real life. Just because you find it difficult to make time for your hobby doesnt mean leveling takes long.

no.

People? As in plural people? As in several people?
    Try again: One person. 1 streamer did it.
    Once Mr. John and Mrs. Jane doe can do it, we can think about complaining how its too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    People? As in plural people? As in several people?
    Try again: One person. 1 streamer did it.
    Once Mr. John and Mrs. Jane doe can do it, we can think about complaining how its too fast.
    it can still be done in a few days. maybe a couple weeks if you want to do it casually

10+ Year Old Account
    hideously over priced to boost 100 to 110. not worth it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get the part where wife, children and jobs came into the equation as crippling obstacles towards taking the easy route to level 100.