Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Stats Pane has been very simplified... Very Console-ish... WoW is slowly turning to console, everyone run!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaarius View Post
    The updated Stats pane looks better/cleaned up? I don't understand what the problem is.

I don't see what's to complain about. Don't like the simplified version of the character pane? Mod it!

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    I don't see what's to complain about. Don't like the simplified version of the character pane? Mod it!
    I'd say the problem with it is that it makes ilvl look like the most important stat. Do we all remember WotLK, wasn't that fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mectrid View Post
    I'd say the problem with it is that it makes ilvl look like the most important stat. Do we all remember WotLK, wasn't that fun?
    That's my problem with it as well. I don't mind that they removed some unnecessary stats. Why would you need to see how much agility or strength you have as a mage? Or anything under the "defenses" subsection we currently have?

The chopper is...how the hell is it supposed to drive with spikes ON the tires?

The way you people complain is fantastic.

"These changes make item level the most important stat! Wah wah wah!"

Do you even play the same game as I? Item level has been the most important stat for several expacs now for casuals. When you can't queue for a Heroic dungeon or LFR, what is it that the dungeon finder tells you is too low? Item level. When someone's spamming LFM in Trade/LookingForGroup, what is it they're asking for? A minimum item level. When low-tier guilds are looking for warm bodies to fill their raid roster, what is the first thing that gets looked at? Item level. What's the first thing listed in a Group finder advertisement? "720+ ilvl". The dungeon finder and rando's in trade chat aren't going to look to make sure that you have the right percentage of crit expected by your class or that you have a certain threshold of mastery before accepting you.

Serious guilds aren't - they're going to look at your stats, your equipment, your logs and they're going to make sure that, even if you're the player with the highest ilvl on the server, that you know what you're doing, that you know how to play your class, that your DPS numbers reflect your high ilvl. If you have a really weird stat priority, like you're stacking haste which is shit for your spec, they're going to ask you why.

This changes literally nothing about the game. In my character pane on live, I already minimize those panels that don't mean anything to me currently and shuffle them down to the bottom of the list. The focus on item level is, if anything, the community's fault. We were the one that made Gearscore back in WoTLK days. We were the ones that boiled random pugs down to a number on a website. This is just the expected end result of that.

This is how I would have done it. I understand it looks a bit barren now, but that's more of Blizzard's problem with removing too many stats.

Don't get me wrong; I'm pleased with some of them going away. I never liked hit, and I'm glad they merged things like spell/physical haste and spell/physical crit. I also never cared for Resilience, PvP Power, or Defense Rating.

What I wish stayed... they should have just merged all resistances into Spell Resistance and kept Spell Pen, Armor Pen, and Bonus Armor. Yes, AP had its problems, but that's because players got way too much. It'd be like letting someone have max crit all the time. Adjusting the algorithm would have been a better move. Also, keep Dodge, Parry, Block, Expertise, and Multistrike instead of Versatility. While Multistrike is comparable to crit, it looked damn cool.

Wooo, Arms is on a roll! Lets see if we can make it seven patches without anything.

I really like that Trike, I do want to see a Vicious Hawkstrider though.

I notice that the Order Halls have 8-piece set-bonus gear, at iLvl 800.

A quick check of wowhead (sorry, mmo-champion, I know how to use their system better) shows that there are 1708 pieces of gear that have been data-mined from Legion files that are between iLvl 801 and 940. (Mythic raid gear is 900, legendary items are 895, and so on.) There are iLvl 820 items that have a minimum level of 98 (I think dungeon drops) that are above the Order Hall sets.

Hopefully, this won't cause undue stress to the raiders who don't think that non-raiders should have any fun gear...

(Looks like: 2-pc, faster healing between battles, open-world questing; 4-pc, damage taken reduced when near death, open-world questing; 6-pc, bonus to primary stat; 8-pc, rotational spell causes procs of secondary stat.)

I'm in favor of any gear progression that allows a casual to stay within 1-2 tiers of current content. And I ESPECIALLY like that most of these bonuses are for open-world questing (i.e., so they're not as important to raiders?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And yet people keep claiming that the game was at its peak of skillcap in Classic.

Funny how that goes. I am on the alpha, and as I've said, I have yet to see this simplicity which would allow a 4-year old to excell. And those "basic rotations" still don't help anyone to excell beyond his/her personal capability, so I wouldn't worry about that either.

Oh, by the way, if WoW is "simpler by the expansion", then I'd REALLY like to invite you to my guild since that means you've beaten every boss and perfected your performance to the point where you outshine Method players at every turn. You know, since they clocked 900 wipes in HFC Mythic and all. Filthy casuals. . I actually should start inviting everyone that speaks of how simple and easy the game is now, since they're surely all diamonds in the rough just waiting to be snatched up and allowed to show this full potential which comes so easily to them!
    Do you mean 900 wipes over the whole instance or just one boss? Because if you mean the whole instance it is a joke, remember Paragon had over 500 wipes only on Cataclysm Ragnaros? This game is just gettin easier and easier.

Deleted
    The new character sheet says everything. People! you should open your eyes...
    Legion will be worse than WoD was... pureing, copying whole main cities, Violent Hold copy paste, reskined followers, copy paste halls zones, and now that...

Gearscore all over
    Do we give a fuck about stats? because If my MM hunter is full mastery-haste gear you cannot even make 40k dps but still 730ilvl ... ilvl should not even exist

- Sir, we cannot fix it!
    - Remove it!
    - Soon there will be nothing in the game, sir.
    - It's OK just copy paste from Northrend
    - Even the trees, sir?
    - Just reskin them.

Remeber this is the excuse (Legion) why WoD's content went bulls*it.
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2016-04-23 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    The new character sheet says everything. People! you should open your eyes...
    Legion will be worse than WoD was... pureing, copying whole main cities, Violent Hold copy paste, reskined followers, copy paste halls zones, and now that...

Gearscore all over
    Do we give a fuck about stats? because If my MM hunter is full mastery-haste gear you cannot even make 40k dps but still 730ilvl ... ilvl should not even exist

- Sir, we cannot fix it!
    - Remove it!
    - Soon there will be nothing in the game, sir.
    - It's OK just copy paste from Northrend
    - Even the trees, sir?
    - Just reskin them.

Remeber this is the excuse (Legion) why WoD's content went bulls*it.
    Exactly, the more they (Blizz) release the more I don't want to buy Legion, let's how it will be on release, I will watch some Streams and decide. It's the first time in years that I don't pre-order an expansion lol because it's just "downgrading".

Go play something else then. lol

That character pane is making me sad.

Complains complains complains .... All over petty things like item level instead a real issues ... This is the real problem of new SJW wow community. No wonder wow is declining ....

1.) With artifact knowledge, Blizzard won't make it that easy to increase how much you gain. Want to bet they gate it behind something else like they did the garrison campaign so you can't knock it out in a weekend and go from 1x artifact power to 7x or whatever the cap ends up being inside a day?

Unless those artifact knowledge quests are also class specific (although the artifacts themselves aren't exactly class specific if you look at quests like the balance druid and unholy DK), those will get boring really fast after your second or so toon. If the only difference is the lore book thing you get after doing the quest, I can see a lot growing bored with it quickly and people whining that alts are too hard to maintain.

I'm still not convinced that the artifact knowledge thing will make offspecs worthwhile or even alts. Unless I'm somehow inundated with artifact power, chances are it'd be no different from now: I'd be stuck gearing one spec and the other spec is lucky to get crumbs. Then when I do get the opportunity to use my offspec, I end up kicked back to my main spec because my offspec is so crappily geared I'm lucky to hit like a wet noodle. I've played a resto shaman for years and I'm tired of my elemental spec getting the brush off. If I get Legion, for once, my focus will be on elemental and resto will get the crumbs. Unless leveling offspec artifacts is decent and not mindnumbingly boring (which I expect Blizzard will ultimately do just to draw things out), I won't be healing at all. That's even if I'm sticking with my shaman. I've mained her since February 2007 alongside my paladin. This is the first time I've considered changing mains. May finally shift to my mage just to avoid healing entirely.

2.) Those class sets are hideous. For starters, they're ARMOR sets which brings back the terrible taste in my mouth regarding the crappy LFR sets. For two, I expected them to be iconic looks to the classes, not armor sets that look like (CRAPPY) quest rewards. Here's hoping the models are just placeholders because they look TERRIBLE. Also can't wait to see what the bonuses end up being. They can't compete with normal+ tier because, let's face it, raiders will whine they're forced to get the class sets. If they don't whine about that, they'll whine that casual players get access to really good gear for not doing anything. So want to bet they end up on par with LFR for boring bonuses? I wouldn't be shocked if 2-pc was 200 versatility, 4-pc was 200 strength/intellect/agility, 6-pc was 200 crit/haste/mastery, and 8-pc was something actually useful for your class and maybe your spec although it'd probably be something boring like a 1 second reduction on cooldowns after using your primary spell or something. If that's not the case, then Blizzard will probably gate them behind something like completing the release raid tier on normal or higher and/or hitting a certain honor level and/or getting to a certain mythic+ dungeon level. If the bonuses are actually good, Blizzard won't let most players get it. And then I wouldn't put it past them to either nerf it into the ground when the second tier comes out or replace it with some new set that is still unavailable to most players. But the fact that Blizzard is using armor sets rather than class sets (despite them being called order hall sets), that suggests they'll be more readily available and as a result incredibly boring.

3.) The new character stat pane I thought was a joke when I first saw it on another site. Really can't believe Blizzard is reducing it that much. Hopefully an addon can bring back the old look. The new one is too simple with too much unused space. Blizzard's better off moving it back to where it was below the character pane if they want it that tiny, but then they have the issue of the equipment manager and titles which is likely why it's still where it is.

4.) I'm not pleased with the PvP talents. Why is it PvP gets a lot of cool abilities, steals abilities that used to be available for both PvE and PvP (looking at earth shield and grounding totem), or get old abilities returned that were removed years ago and can use them in PvP alongside the standard class talents AND artifact talents but PvE players only get class talents and artifact talents? Why is it the artifact tree is filled with largely boring 1% increases to things while the PvP tree gets various abilities? Why aren't the PvP talents more like damage reduction (in general and while CC'd), CC reduction, giving a class a CC, giving a class a personal HoT or stealth detection, etc? If artifacts are like 75% crappy 1% increase talents, then PvP talents should be similar. They also shouldn't take away abilities that used to be available for BOTH PvE and PvP to just give it to one group.

And yes, I'm well aware of where the 1% increases came from. I started a week after TBC came out and played all through until MoP where I quit for a year. Playing off nostalgia of the old talent trees doesn't make those 1% choices interesting. They're boring and hardly noticeable in the scheme of things. Oh yay, instead of my spell hitting for 10k, it now hits for 10.1k! So exciting!

5.) Would figure the horse2 (unicorns) would be PvP mounts. The skulls were obvious in hindsight. So begs the question how boring the PvE version will be since Blizzard will just give us that as a mount with no armor. We'll be lucky for it to have a decent saddle although I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to slap a blanket on it and call it good. When Blizzard brought in the new WoD talbuks, I expected an armored version to go with the TBC war talbuks. I was disappointed when that didn't happen. The WoD talbuks irritated me enough as it was with the walk animation and the tail, but for Blizzard to just ignore the armored version ... and when they did an armored version for EVERY OTHER MOUNT they added in Draenor, that was a severely missed opportunity. They should have also gone back and added a red TBC talbuk and a white WoD one. They could have also added a fixed white war talbuk (in addition to the bugged one available now) and two WoD white armored ones (one with blue hooves/horns, one with normal ones). Blizzard keeps missing opportunities and it's disappointing.

Deleted
    nice store mounts!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    1.) ... Blizzard keeps missing opportunities and it's disappointing.
    We call it resource allocation optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by klaghatagh View Post
    The way you people complain is fantastic.

"These changes make item level the most important stat! Wah wah wah!"

Do you even play the same game as I? Item level has been the most important stat for several expacs now for casuals. When you can't queue for a Heroic dungeon or LFR, what is it that the dungeon finder tells you is too low? Item level. When someone's spamming LFM in Trade/LookingForGroup, what is it they're asking for? A minimum item level. When low-tier guilds are looking for warm bodies to fill their raid roster, what is the first thing that gets looked at? Item level. What's the first thing listed in a Group finder advertisement? "720+ ilvl". The dungeon finder and rando's in trade chat aren't going to look to make sure that you have the right percentage of crit expected by your class or that you have a certain threshold of mastery before accepting you.

Serious guilds aren't - they're going to look at your stats, your equipment, your logs and they're going to make sure that, even if you're the player with the highest ilvl on the server, that you know what you're doing, that you know how to play your class, that your DPS numbers reflect your high ilvl. If you have a really weird stat priority, like you're stacking haste which is shit for your spec, they're going to ask you why.

This changes literally nothing about the game. In my character pane on live, I already minimize those panels that don't mean anything to me currently and shuffle them down to the bottom of the list. The focus on item level is, if anything, the community's fault. We were the one that made Gearscore back in WoTLK days. We were the ones that boiled random pugs down to a number on a website. This is just the expected end result of that.
    Exactly but what I'm saying is, that's not good nor something we should want. This just helps embrace ilvl even more, when it's not an indicator of skill in the slightest.