Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    There are people on these forums you are never going to reach...ever. They have never spoken well of Blizzard, never will, and will bitch about any Blizzard action to the bitter end. Blizzard could literally hand them a pile of corn and they would criticise Blizzard for the amount of shit it contained.

They know who they are, we know who they are, and it is just best to move on.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    This. And Legion is looking good, class identity coming back, class halls are nothing like garisson (at all), dungeons seem to stay relevant, world quests are great, artifacts are awesome and then some. Only negative, for me, is no flying, but I'll see how that plays out.
    Indeed. I'm seeing a lot of good concepts from WoD being executed better in Legion, such as work orders.

I feel like, even with the many missteps that WoD made, I don't dislike the game overall. Granted I am currently not doing a lot of WoD content, but I found my own ways to enjoy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Because it's a game. I still like to play it. If I have enough and get I just pause the game. I have done that since vanilla release. I probably took at least 2 breaks of several weeks each before my first character reached max level because I got bored during leveling. I paused again at max level. I paused during TBC for several months. I paused in Wrath. In Cata. In MoP. And also in WoD. I just came back 2 weeks ago after a 7 month break. And I am having fun again. It's been like this since the game released and each time new content comes around or my break has been long enough, I want to play the game again.

Why do some people simply not understand this?
    Agreed! This is how I did it too, minus Vanilla since I didn't start till TBC
    But yeah, most people here - or at least those who are always so goddamn vocal and voicing complaint - and also online have forgotten that its just A GAME.. No one is holding a gun to your face and saying "play". You should be able to stop at any time you like...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Amazing how easily that concept goes both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

I think that most people that play World of Warcraft these days don't play it like we did in the past. Back then you played one game and that was it, you didn't have time for anything else. These days people play so many different games and the WoW expansions are just another game in the sea of others.
    WoW is no longer a full time commitment.

It's a video game. I don't feel the need to defend that it's a waste of time, because it inherently is a waste of time. Then again what isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I think that most people that play World of Warcraft these days don't play it like we did in the past. Back then you played one game and that was it, you didn't have time for anything else. These days people play so many different games and the WoW expansions are just another game in the sea of others.
    WoW is no longer a full time commitment.
    And that's the other thing. There were many occasions I'd tell my guild "I'm out for a month" when games like Mass Effect, Halo, or something else. Not even just other games, but even MMOs there's options out there, and on occasion I hop onto SWTOR when I want a good Star Wars fix.

While I'm not attempting to put words into other peoples mouths, I do feel that people who sink most of their time into just WoW end up being the most disappointed when something goes wrong. And I guess that's the benefit of being a "all around gamer" is if a game sucks or I'm not enjoying it I move onto something else, and it helps I still keep in touch with a lot of good friends I've made from the game that we sometimes play other games together. Going to sound like an old fart, but "back in my day" the only thing you really had to keep in touch with people was like AIM messenger and MSN chat (which I'm so happy to be done with that.)
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I liked vanilla - it was new. I really enjoyed TBC - lots of friends, good guild. I liked Wrath once they introduced different raid difficulties - good story. I disliked cata and unsubbed - friends leaving. I liked MoP a lot except the final tier went too long. I was very disappointed with WoD and took a long break. I never have had the need to write an essay about my relationship with Blizzard or what I think of them - it isn't that important. If Im not having fun Ill take a break. Satisfying all the different populations of WoW players and making new and interesting content from a stale genre is impossible - sometimes you get it right, sometimes you misfire. If there was an 'easy' answer there'd be a better and more popular game somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    It is a social game

Hahahahahahah, You made my day. Social game, not since many years.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really defend the game or the company. I like some of the things they do and I don't like other things they do. People have their own likes/dislikes. I only really argue that X feature is good to me or bad to me and maybe people agree, maybe they don't. I don't really care. My enjoyment doesn't take away theirs and their rage doesn't become my own.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You definitely need to explain this. If YOU feel 15 dollars is not worth it to you but I think it is a good value, then it is NONE of your business to decide wether or not I am get ripped off.
    I agree with this, it is up to the individual to determine. That said, personally, I wouldn't give someone $15 a month to sit on their asses and do nothing solely on principle. For me, I will pay someone far more than $15 if they actually work for the money. Content gaps where they suck up people's money to fund the next xpack and then charge them for it... inexcusable. But then again there are a lot of games I enjoy more than WoW these days so it is easy to go somewhere else when I don't think they are earning my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its common thing when you are that invested in something. You can't just backout and admit its going to shit when you still hold dear probably thousands of hours put into the game so you try to deny obvious facts as much as you can.
    The main issue of why it might seem like that here on mmo-c is that most of the active white knights are still either playing in their bubble guild still doing some stupid hfc or just cosplaying pokemons hence easier for them to ignore that the game lost millions of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I rather wonder is not the defending of Blizzard / WoW, but the continuous defending of bad stuff on the "alpha" servers saying "buh buh, thats why its alpha so it can change!"

Because we all know how that previously went.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Stopped reading here.

They share the mission table and follower system, that is all. Done right it's not an issue, it's a nice little mini-game.
    I completely agree. This is exactly where you can see that the OP is basicly just creating a hate thread and not a cosntructive discussion thread.

Well that and other places, but that one is very obvious.

As someone stated previously the problem here is that people on both sides see it as either full bad or full good. This tends to be a very vocal part of the community and thus they think it makes up the bigger part of the playerbase.

The truth lies somewhere in between most likely but noone is interested in that because it doesnt further their agenda

In the future video games will be indistinguishable from real life WoW with some help from Hoffman is a perfect training ground to prepare for realistic virtual combat with fantastical facets. I believe that the World Championship Tournaments will be held in football-sized stadiums that are filled with hologram technology that will perfectly create the video game in the real world and the entire crowd will be able to watch as a 50ft tall LSD completely recks some scrub scummy 50ft Walking Dead Cleave. So to answer your question I'm sticking with it because I'm a shaman, I used farsight, and I'm preparing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because most of wow fans completly destroyed their IRL playing this game.

They spent 10 years on it.

They know game is shit, they just dont want to face reality.

Ruining your life on pixels is a thing.

Ruining your life on bad pixels is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Because most of wow fans completly destroyed their IRL playing this game.

They spent 10 years on it.

They know game is shit, they just dont want to face reality.

Ruining your life on pixels is a thing.

Ruining your life on bad pixels is another one.
    And some people destroyed their sanity. ^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    You rarely see valid criticism of WoW? Wut. You can't be serious?
    99% of criticism of WoW is tons of subjective crap that is only case of some people disliking something that others like. Only once in a blue moon someone points out something that really needs correcting. And this valid criticism is extremely hard to find in the sea of pointless whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the game, shoot me?

Here is a question to you OP, why do people still go out of their way to attack Blizzard and the current product?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    99% of criticism of WoW is tons of subjective crap that is only case of some people disliking something that others like. Only once in a blue moon someone points out something that really needs correcting. And this valid criticism is extremely hard to find in the sea of pointless whining.
    Also this, literally triggers me every time I see yet another "constructive criticism" thread appearing, in most of the cases it's just a senseless rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    Before this gets insta locked or i get reported again or banned, this is not a troll thread or me starting a flame war, i genuinely wan't to try and understand this.

The past xpac has universally been panned as their worse, massive drops in subs, gutting of the game mechanics, removing a lot of skills and class identities, going into the legion it doesn't look much better with class halls(Garrison 2.0) and the general oversimplified feel of the game, even as someone who has bought every xpac at launch who has been pissed off at the company for a long time, i feel no inclination to buy legion.

So my question is, with overwhelming evidence that the game is in a brutal decline, why do people still go out of their way to defend Blizzard and the current product?

I usually see the usual "You're just bored of the game" or "X people like Y because of Z" but it really seems like there's very little going forward for WoW at the moment but a lot of loyal people to the company(Don't know why you're loyal to a company) Seem to act and speak like absolutely nothings wrong, everythings going as planned and we're somehow wrong? I just want to try and understand this mentality because at the moment the current active wow community reminds me of this picture.
    You do understand that is YOUR opinion and others can have different ones right? Also, I have hardly seen anyone defend everything blizz has done and most like you said agree and say this expansion was bad. So how is calling this expansion bad defending blizz? What is wrong with hoping the game people like and/or love is good again in legion? Your thoughts on legion again are YOUR opinion. I for one hope it is good. If not and it is as bad as wod then I am done with this game.