Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Same can be said of the anti legacy crowd.
    They will attach themselves to anyone who shares their pov.
    I think that is why many come off as Blizzard white knights.
    I dunno. I guess I see your point but I don't parrot other people, can't say much for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's a cute construct you've made. It's very binary and untrue at some level. Things were more difficult then, only the dull and uninformed would not agree. As a priest or mage, drinking after every mob you engaged with was tedious. The two states can co-exist simultaneously. Just as holy paladins and some others who leveled as healers have stories about how back in the day it would sometimes take a very long time to kill a mob due to their low damage output while they were fairly safe themselves that's also a bit of both although if you're fairly safe but taking a while to knock down quest mobs that qualifies as tedious. So come on, it's not one or the other. Taking several minutes longer to finish a quest due to low damage output while in little danger otherwise is tedious. It's also not very difficult. A lot depends on what spec you were leveling in.
    Not everyone wants to play a quick twitch action game.
    The only PC game my Wife has ever played is WoW.
    She loved the pace of the game. I liked it too.

She has stopped. She wants to play Vanilla/TBC/Wrath again.
    She has no interest in what WoW is now.

I think the story is the same for many players.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Why are you so obsessed with Mark Kern?
    Let it go.
    Why are you so obsessed with me?
    Let it go.

Deleted
    people ignore the topic of discussion for there own pointlless arguments

but at the end of the day, my argument wins them all.

Wow is not insignificant though, it has been a part of peoples lives for a long time, and for blizzard to finally repay our loyalty, would be something else, no achievement is greater than an official blizzard vanilla server, it is greater tto me than my life on this earth. and that is how it is. its as simple as that. and for blizzard to officaly announce blizzard hosted vanilla servers would make my life complete, as sad as it sounds, i don't fucking care. for the horde 2004-2016

My argument started as a discussion a mere 10 months ago, now my argument has become a worldwide debate, and people always said to me it was an impossible dream, but just look at where we are now, i will have my vanilla servers one way or another, it is as simple as that.

Its not insignificant in my eyes, it is a revolution that will see my vision come true, and to me that is the greatest revenge of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Does your wife understand that people don't always get what they want?
    Of course. She is an adult, not a petulant child.
    She is resigned to never play WoW again.
    She was interested Nost but concerned about the legal ramifications and the possibility of losing a beloved characters, so she didn't join me there.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Great, more people should act like an adult here.
    Yes, on both sides. Hence my username.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    That's why I said it's an opinion. The game wasn't harder, people were just a lot worse.
    It was both, but that's my opinion. Depends what aspect you think was harder though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, on both sides. Hence my username.
    Yes, your name is really screaming "i am an adult not a angsty teenager" in a very vibrant and colourful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    It was both, but that's my opinion. Depends what aspect you think was harder though.
    Mobs/scripting was tons easier, classes had a lot less ways in which to react.

Vanilla difficulty was based around gear, mainly resistance, modern day difficulty is based around execution.

Don't forget vanilla was designed for a modem connection. That actually kills any skill/reaction based combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Mobs/scripting was tons easier, classes had a lot less ways in which to react.

Vanilla difficulty was based around gear, mainly resistance, modern day difficulty is based around execution.
    it was also based around boss not parrying tanks attack while tank is at 50% health so doublehit won't occur and won't instagib him. So many wipes because of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Lich King should be the candidate for the next legacy server , it was the best content in Warcraft history .. everything was perfect.

Deleted
    <snipped>

This is not a video thread but a discussion thread. Please discuss the topic in a constructive way instead of reposting videos that have already been seen multiple times. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-23 at 02:13 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard 1st response to petition
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Frank_Pea...37366523867136

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    I guess legacy isn't happening

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I guess legacy isn't happening
    You expected them to be strong-armed into doing so?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay differences between Vanilla & WoD

10+ Year Old Account

So Vanilla is a giant mindless zerg?

Leave it to Mark Kern to schedule the dramatic delivery of 11.000 printed petition pages on Earth Day. I guess someone told him in the last moment, and that's why the printing machine "took too long".

- - - Updated - - -

let's compare apples to apples:

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW. 1043 pages of :

Quality of life carebears spewing any possible nonsense against legacy servers as if that would somehow affect their own game.
    Nobody is going to touch your lfr loot pinata and you pokemon cosplaying wardrobes.
    Lets address a few points i've seen thrown around here:

1) Nostalrius did not make money out of it. Donations for direct upkeep of the server hosting costs were open for a short time at the release and closed entirely afterwards.
    2) Nobody argues the "legality" of what blizzard did. Ofcourse they had any right to close it. Still an obvious dick move. Theres other 999 private servers out there each with 1-2k players online at any hour amounting to millions of active players that play private servers.
    3) If you didn't have that white knight head up your ass and you had any remote knowledge of the type of players on those mentioned private servers you would know that most of then played retail before , bought the game expansions subs etc and would do so again given an actual quality product from blizzard.