Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Yeah there are more people like that. But if all of you are closed in a basement it'll be a bit hard to meet xD. So you should look for others such as yourself. Social people have a greater chance of meeting each other because they are social . Sometimes you have to help luck/fate a little
    Well, "closed in a basement" would be too strong a saying. But, yeah, I suppose in the past it was a big problem for such people to meet. Today, in the age of Internet, with all those funky websites, games, communities, etc., it is much easier to find someone like-minded without even leaving one's room.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    What you describe is the carbon copy of an introvert.
    The one person I would have called my friend in the last year has had his cousin kill themselves driving a motorcycle and since then I haven't been able to reach them, I don't ven know if he is still alive.
    I don't need to go out every day but it would really be nice to have someone to talk to every few weeks. It's almost 2 years ago now.
    Introvert... Maybe. When I am around people, I can be very-very talkative. It is just that the activities most people do IRL don't really interest me, so I don't get to be around people that much. Not because I dislike being around people, but because I dislike the setting in which it normally takes place - if it makes any sense. I would absolutely love to meet with like-minded people in real life a lot - but it so happens that almost all like-minded people I find I do online, and few of them live anywhere near me, so my options are pretty limited here.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Look, if you're not very social and enjoy your own company and right hand then that's your choice and cool. My issue comes when people start blaming others for your lifestyle choice which i'm seeing in this thread
    There are two attitudes I find problematic, really. First is what you mentioned - blaming others for your own shortcomings. Another one is to just cry and complain all the time about your sorry life. Sometimes two come in one package. The way I see it, when you have a problem, you either take steps to solve it, or you make peace with it. Crying about it won't help and only will make you feel worse, blaming others won't help and only will make you feel worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you're an ugly male, this is the best option. If I had to bend over backwards just to chase an average female, I wouldn't bother either. I'm thankful for the good genetics I've been gifted with.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post

As an FYI, Philip Zimbardo is no slouch in the psychology field. He was the man who ran the Stanford Prison Experiment which, while ethically questionable especially in today's times, was an incredibly influential experiment showing how quickly otherwise normal people can have their entire personalities changed by the circumstances of power and powerlessness.
    Did you know the people who were playing the parts of guards and prisoners were goaded into doing much of the terrible things they did? They didn't just lose their minds with power and start treating people like shit on their own, the ideas were being put into their heads by the people doing the experiment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No.... No it's not.
    A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.

Only context I ever saw it used was in trapping a cheat

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it getting a friend pretend to be a girl interested in your boyfriend online to see if he'll flirt back
    It's basically just portraying yourself as being something you're not on online dating sites. So if I took a picture of Idris Elba and put it as my profile pic, that'd be catfishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Have you seen those cringe compilations where a guy texts a woman or whatever and it blows so hard back into his face that's humiliating and the guy could easily be made fun of or have his life ruined? I wouldn't really call it his fault since it's what he knows and knows how to do it in his own way. I'd say in that scenario it's easy to blame others since having such a thing happen to you is humiliating and could easily nudge you into hiding, or avoiding women to not get humiliated anymore.
    I think you should stop watching those compilations, although I have a mild paranoia about condoms and OCPs, cuz I actually had crazy GFs in the past, but condoms aren't a prob, buy them yourself, tie them in a knot and get rid of them properly

I had a GF who secretly tried to impregnarte herself by cutting open used condom and injecting semen inside her. I caught her in the act, so I forced her to take the morning after pill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's basically just portraying yourself as being something you're not on online dating sites. So if I took a picture of Idris Elba and put it as my profile pic, that'd be catfishing.
    But isn't spotting fake profiles easy?

I been online dating since age 16, I can spot a fake within a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I think you should stop watching those compilations
    They're a fairly common theme almost anywhere I roam on the internets. I don't see myself being as cringey as them, but I do have sympathy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, "closed in a basement" would be too strong a saying. But, yeah, I suppose in the past it was a big problem for such people to meet. Today, in the age of Internet, with all those funky websites, games, communities, etc., it is much easier to find someone like-minded without even leaving one's room.

Introvert... Maybe. When I am around people, I can be very-very talkative. It is just that the activities most people do IRL don't really interest me, so I don't get to be around people that much. Not because I dislike being around people, but because I dislike the setting in which it normally takes place - if it makes any sense. I would absolutely love to meet with like-minded people in real life a lot - but it so happens that almost all like-minded people I find I do online, and few of them live anywhere near me, so my options are pretty limited here.

There are two attitudes I find problematic, really. First is what you mentioned - blaming others for your own shortcomings. Another one is to just cry and complain all the time about your sorry life. Sometimes two come in one package. The way I see it, when you have a problem, you either take steps to solve it, or you make peace with it. Crying about it won't help and only will make you feel worse, blaming others won't help and only will make you feel worse.
    Dude your posts so far have been on point. Just wanted to say that. You pretty much took every single word out of my mouth. Keep it up!

They're a fairly common theme almost anywhere I roam on the internets. I don't see myself being as cringey as them, but I do have sympathy.
    TBH, I've never heard of said compilations O_o

But isn't spotting fake profiles easy?

I been online dating since age 16, I can spot a fake within a few minutes

The other term for catfishing is acting as if you're interested in someone, but ultimately, you aren't. In my case, over KIK, a phone app, talking to a nice girl (or three apparently) who just up and one day got bored decided to be nice only to basically shit on my day. I won't bore you with the details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's commonly used to describe a person who puts up a picture that doesn't represent what they actually look like.
    Perhaps gay sites just don't use the term, said people are just called fake. It isn't a gender issue though

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theyre laughing now, but when i spend my lifes savings on a sex bot you're all gonna be jelly
    They'll be laughing again once sexbots are given rights and you're imprisoned for robot slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

TBH, I've never heard of said compilations O_o

http://imgur.com/gallery/riebv - Google is beautiful sometimes.

This is nothing new. About 2500 years ago, Socrates once said: By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. He could have said gamer instead of philosopher.

Deleted
    The other term for catfishing is acting as if you're interested in someone, but ultimately, you aren't. In my case, over KIK, a phone app, talking to a nice girl (or three apparently) who just up and one day got bored decided to be nice only to basically shit on my day. I won't bore you with the details.
    Likely they just got bored of you... I flirted with guys, realized their boring bastards then cut contact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    This is nothing new. About 2500 years ago, Socrates once said: By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. He could have said gamer instead of philosopher.
    Wasn't Socrates gay

Likely they just got bored of you... I flirted with guys, realized their boring bastards then cut contact
    They were bored before and wanted some entertainment. Wrong place at the wrong time for myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    the female equivalent of fuckboy isnt slut or whore and it has nothing to do with sleeping around

just sayn
    Wait, so a fuckboy isn't a guy who is only interrested in having sex, and isn't willing to be more than fuckbuddies?

http://imgur.com/gallery/riebv - Google is beautiful sometimes.
    Dudes' texts are quite pathetic T_T

Dudes' texts are quite pathetic T_T
    Yeah, I also think if a person can fap to that, that person can fap to a pile of dogshit as well
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though