Don't hate on the nay-sayers, without them this thread wouldve died on the first page <3

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    I guess legacy isn't happening
    Ah well, I didn't think it was likely. The petition did work out though. It popularized the issue and Blizzard ignoring it now will legitimize private server use. They can't have it both ways.

How do you get

"No legacy servers then!"

#EarthDay2016 I hope everyone opted for electronic copies in lieu of printed documents.

?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    How do you get

#EarthDay2016 I hope everyone opted for electronic copies in lieu of printed documents.

?
    I think people overreact. If anything, it might just be proof that the 11k pages printed aren't useful to show the interest. But then again, bad timing.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

How do you get

?
    The fact someone that senior has tweeted about it is 100% positive. It means, at the highest levels, they're aware of it and will look into it

They come back and so no? We move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    The fact someone that senior has tweeted about it is 100% positive. It means, at the highest levels, they're aware of it and will look into it

But here's the thing. They didn't say no. This particular person said he'd rather have an electronic copy instead of a paper version - and there's some truth to his words. But good thing that paper can be recycled though!
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    I think it's safe to say at this point that the whole thing has backfired horribly for Blizzard. They didn't gain anything from closing down Nostalrius, but they've given them and Vanilla servers in general a lot of publicity and they made themselves only look bad in the process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post

I think it's pretty obvious that they've been aware of it for a while :P This tweet however, if in fact it was directed at the printed documents, simply tells us that they aren't really planning on taking the petition serious.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Hahaha, the salt is real.

I can only hope that's a generic 'save the environment' tweet and not them being their usual ignorant selves towards player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Wrath baby spotted.
    I dunno, man. I'd be totally fine with a Wrath of the Lich King server, provided that we see the following five conditions met:

1. Vanilla and TBC realms to compliment the Wrath realms with the levels capped at 60 and 70 respectively, and with the retuning of Vanilla/TBC era mobs, items, talents and class abilities to reflect the original difficulty of the game whilst making each class actually viable.

2. No welfare gear, or at least if implemented, it needs to take a lot of grinding to obtain pieces of it and the gear options need to be limited, like they were back in Burning Crusade. So the Badge of Justice system is fine. Just don't go with easily farmable Emblems of Triumph which can net you full Tier 9 like a Wrathbaby.

3. Wrath Heroics, Tier 7 raids, and Trial of the Crusader to be retuned and made harder. The difficulty of Wrath HCs, Tier 7 and Tier 9 in general was really disappointing. In order to make Wrath a truly great alternative, the dungeons need to be ball-bustingly difficult like everything in Burning Crusade was.

4. No Dungeon Finder. Dungeon Finder was the beginning of the point where Blizzard nullified any sense of community in the game. It also nullified other things like daily Heroic lockouts which were in the game for a reason.

5. Keep the original difficulty and attunements, and pre-nerf encounters, except when they truly become impossible like with C'thun.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2016-04-23 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    omg omg omg.. this just hit me... guize..
    Every corporate e-mail signature with "Think before you print" has KNOWN about this outcome for YEARS!

*mind blown*

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    Hahaha, the salt is real.

I can only hope that's a generic 'save the environment' tweet and not them being their usual ignorant selves towards player feedback.

I dunno, man. I'd be totally fine with a Wrath of the Lich King server, provided that we see the following five conditions met:

1. Vanilla and TBC realms to compliment the Wrath realms with the levels capped at 60 and 70 respectively, and with the retuning of Vanilla/TBC era mobs, items, talents and class abilities to reflect the original difficulty of the game whilst making each class actually viable.

2. No welfare gear, or at least if implemented, it needs to take a lot of grinding to obtain pieces of it and the gear options need to be limited, like they were back in Burning Crusade. So the Badge of Justice system is fine. Just don't go with easily farmable Emblems of Triumph which can net you full Tier 9 like a Wrathbaby.

3. Wrath Heroics, Tier 7 raids, and Trial of the Crusader to be retuned and made harder. The difficulty of Wrath HCs, Tier 7 and Tier 9 in general was really disappointing. In order to make Wrath a truly great alternative, the dungeons need to be ball-bustingly difficult like everything in Burning Crusade was.

4. No Dungeon Finder. Dungeon Finder was the beginning of the point where Blizzard nullified any sense of community in the game. It also nullified other things like daily Heroic lockouts which were in the game for a reason.

5. Keep the original difficulty and attunements, and pre-nerf encounters, except when they truly become impossible like with C'thun.
    You are insane to want Blizzard to do this amount of work for your stupid legacy servers. Demanding whiny little assholes like you are the reason we are never going to get legacy servers because you want Blizzard to change a whole bunch of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    How delusional are you lot to think this has anything to do with legacy servers. This is getting really sad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    So that former dev will be handing the petition himself to Mike Morhaime if he is true to his word.

If he'd do it over facebook chat I knew what the official response would be though:

"Seen."

Deleted
    What they said is totally neutral so they dont cause any blow back for saying no as they have over watch and legion due to release in the next few month and they know if they come out a no again and say they will shoot down any private server thats using there IP. Doing this would just create negative media coverage over there games.Will hear something about it at blizcon im guess a well written answer when someone asks them about legacy server that hopefuly end this discussion once and for all i hope.

the retuning of Vanilla/TBC era mobs, items, talents and class abilities to reflect the original difficulty of the game whilst making each class actually viable.
    But then you'd be changing the game, and it wouldn't really be the same as it was.

In vanilla, all classes WERE raid viable, just....some classes were more viable than others. And some classes (Priest, Shaman, Druid, Paladin) were forced to heal because their DPS and tanking capabilities were very subpar. But that's just PvE; when it came to PvP, just about all classes/specs were viable. Shadow priests and Feral druids were great. Ret paladins could wreck your shit with a good 2h.

In BC, class balance was fine. Classes/specs still had their niche strengths and weaknesses, but overall, things were better tuned. Healing classes were actually raid-viable DPS, and Paladins/Druids were capable of being raid tanks.

Again, if you did this, you'd be changing the game and people would whine.

Vanilla/TBC didn't have welfare gear (for the most part), the closest thing was when they made T5-level pieces available with Badge of Heroism, but it took so, so many badges just to buy one piece. IIRC it took 75 badges for a pair of leggings. That's like 20 heroics, just to get one piece of gear. A nice time investment for a nice piece of gear.

But why is "welfare" gear a problem in the first place? In WOTLK you could only get a few pieces of raid-level gear from the badge vendors; the tier is locked behind tokens that only drop in raids. The T9 that required only badges, was ilvl 232, only 10man level.

WOTLK heroics were decently hard at release. Remember how Loken had more player kills than any other boss ingame? Yeah. They didn't become faceroll until people were in full Ulduar gear and higher. Which I don't see a problem with dungeons becoming easy once you vastly outgear them. They're meant to be the lowest level of endgame PvE; not something that remains difficult all throughout the expansion.

Dungeon Finder is fine. Cross-realm dungeon finder is not fine.

Like really, RDF is great for low level players, because:

1. You don't have to travel halfway across the damn continent, on foot, and then wait for another person to do the same so you can summon
    2. You can access dungeons that your faction normally cannot (RFC for alli, Stockades and Deadmines for horde, etc)
    3. People who are leveling are going to be out in the world, so finding them in Trade chat will be impossible; RFD solves that issue

RDF itself is a really nice idea. It's just the cross-realm factor of it makes it really bad because it kills server community.

Requiring revered to get BC heroic keys? Fuck that shit.

And encounters were usually nerfed for a reason, back in the day. We didn't get things being nerfed just to make sure that players were clearing it, things were nerfed when they were clearly overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I think people overreact. If anything, it might just be proof that the 11k pages printed aren't useful to show the interest. But then again, bad timing.
    I have respect for physical copies. Having everything electronic is bad, because there's so many people who can hack their way in, delete and destroy, and even spread the sensitive information.

But even if I am pro-legacy servers, I think 5k - 11k copies is rather ridiculous... and that's not even out of paper standpoint. I couldn't care less about that. The paper is already made, paper can be recycled.

It's just the amount that's silly.
    Last edited by Tome; 2016-04-23 at 01:36 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have respect for physical copies. Having everything electronic is bad, because there's so many people who can hack their way in, delete and destroy, and even spread the sensitive information.

But even if I am pro-legacy servers, I think 5k - 11k copies is rather ridiculous... and that's not even out of paper standpoint. I couldn't care less about that. The paper is already made, paper can be recycled.

I can only hope it's bad timing in this case.

10+ Year Old Account

I wonder how Kern will get that to Morhaime. Honestly, considering how secretive and closed-door Blizzard is, there's no way they'll let him go through that door with boxes of papers like this. But I'm pretty positive as to Mike meeting Morhaime.
    Google Diversity Memo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Honestly, considering how secretive and closed-door Blizzard is, there's no way they'll let him go through that door with boxes of papers like this..
    What do you mean by that? Can you clarify?

As far as I know it's a office campus. I'm sure the access to a building at Blizzard works pretty much the same way as any access to any other office campus. You book an appointment, you turn up at the reception, sign in, get your visitors badge, wait for your host to appear.. and do whatever you were supposed to do there.. you know, for your booked appointment..

10+ Year Old Account

I am actually more interested in the amount of troll comments in there. We know for a fact some people called themself "FUCK BLIZZARD" and just went on a rant and insulted them. Those can't be taken seriously and I wouldn't be suprised of several thousand "subscribers" are like this. Which of course doesn't help again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Except they didn't make a profit
    I did profit for not paying monthly sub.