So sick of the same decks!!!

They desperately need this change in the game.... so tired of facing the same 3-5 decks at ranks 10 and above. SOOOOOO annoyed by it. Secret pally, Ramp druid, Control warrior, same lock deck over and over. If you even try a different deck you will lose to the same OP decks. Cant wait for Tuesday!! Anyone else feel this way??

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit hearthstone a long time ago...because of this any many other reasons...I don't have the time to slow grind packs and I don't have the money to blow on lots of packs...so I was never going to get any decent cards...then you have the OP decks that everyone uses...not to mention RNG and how it hates me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've just started making some of my own decks. They may not be as consistent as using net decking, but I'm having more fun (especially when you can tell your opponent is confused as to what you're playing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Tired of them too but there's a reason they are used and that's because they work.

I have success with an Eerie Statue priest deck because nobody expects it. I names it The Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I have success with an Eerie Statue priest deck because nobody expects it. I names it The Spanish Inquisition.
    Tips on such a deck? I like the Eerie statue :b

Silences on your Eerie Statue and Ancient Watcher then buff them with IF/DS with Djinni out and watch the shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account

Silences on your Eerie Statue and Ancient Watcher then buff them with IF/DS with Djinni out and watch the shenanigans.
    But you only have a single hard removal, so you're going to get stomped by any decent Control Warrior as well as any tempo deck that has better curve than you.

Everything that deck can do could be done better as a Handlock
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    They desperately need this change in the game.... so tired of facing the same 3-5 decks at ranks 10 and above. SOOOOOO annoyed by it. Secret pally, Ramp druid, Control warrior, same lock deck over and over. If you even try a different deck you will lose to the same OP decks. Cant wait for Tuesday!! Anyone else feel this way??
    The two formats & new expansions won't change this. You'll always have a small handful of decks that are better than others, the only difference is the top 3-5 same better decks will change every other year now.

As mentioned above many of those decks are there because they work fine. Tbh the only thing that annoys the shit out of me is when i die to stupid charge combos.

FoN/SR or Anyfin crap....so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But you only have a single hard removal, so you're going to get stomped by any decent Control Warrior as well as any tempo deck that has better curve than you.

Everything that deck can do could be done better as a Handlock
    A deck being weak to another deck is nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    It always happens the few weeks running up the new expac always suck because all the cards get revealed and youre sick of seeing the same decks all the time and waiting to try out new ones. I feel the same way every expac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

I had a druid deck similar in a way, but it ran wailing souls for the silence.
    You'd be able to silence your aspirants too so you wouldn't lose the mana crystal on their death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    This is simply just the nature of TCGs. There has been periods, where there was 2 primary decks, with few cards unique to each players deck. People will quickly find the strong comboes, the strong cards and the strongest class. They will play that to the top.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Tried a simelar deck now, its some good fun

I invested quite a bit of time in HS as mostly a free-to-play player with the xpacs bought, and this is no real fun to play the same net decks even in unranked.

I have built only a shaman deck since then (with a semi priest deck that get stomped now), I am stomped by cookie-cutter decks on unranked when I try to play with one of my other class decks.

And what to do? Buy cards, so that I may get cooky cutter decks from the other classes so that I can win on unranked with other classes than my own. (so that I can do my quests)

Long story short, yeah the animations of this game rock and this is quite fun, but I am going back to WoW now.

Hearthstone will always be like this. If it bothers you, just move on. I did, tired of the same decks, over and over again with very minimal changes, if any.

It's just boring and predictable as hell, sadly.

And it will only become worse with the new 'gameplay', since they are reducing the card pool by a vast amount (Removing TgT, GvG, etc, from the main game mode, fuck that).

I spent so many resources (time, dusts, gold, whatever) into crafting specific cards and decks, and they're all turning irrelevant when the new expansion hits, and that's just fucking absurd. I highly doubt i'll play more than a couple of games every month as it is, why bother.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2016-04-24 at 03:15 AM.

The new standard mode will only get worse, because we lost Naxx and GvG.

Less cards in the pool, and Less variation.

I noticed that the old net deck is always better than the new one.
    For example, the old net deck invented right after TGT is better than the new net deck created last month.

Cannot complain about net deck.
    It is very quick to identify what the best deck is.
    It is clearly better than the one you created yourself.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2016-04-24 at 04:18 PM.

I meet more decks at rank 9 than you mentioned. Tempo mage, raptor rogue and much more that I dont even know what it was. In every card game theres meta that change every new expansion/patch but you still see more decks. I think you exagerating abit.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The new standard mode will only get worse, because we lost Naxx and GvG.

Less cards in the pool, and Less variation.

I noticed that the old net deck is always better than the new one.
    For example, the old net deck invented right after TGT is better than the new net deck created last month.

Cannot complain about net deck.
    It is very quick to identify what the best deck is.
    It is clearly better than the one you created yourself.
    Wrong. Removing Naxx and GvG just removed the power creep that would have appeared in standard. More variation in cards doesn't mean more variation in decks. People, especially who approach legendary rank, will find which decks work the best and play those. If standard never appeared, then those best decks wouldn't use new cards from the new expansions 'unless' there was a power creep present to influence people using the new cards.

Standard mode is an attempt to avoid the inevitable.