Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I wish they were able to make Akama more likable. He just comes across as a shortsighted dumbass that wants his home back asap. What would he have done if Illidan gave him the Black Temple and left? Get overrun by the burning legion in a matter of months? It's way too obvious that Akama should have a better understanding of the Burning Legion by now and how peace would only be temporary as long as they have gates open to Outland.

Maiev works because she was always too focused on her mission and was made unlikable from the start of her character in Warcraft. Few people are going to miss her when her character gets killed off.

I'm wondering how Illidan can be holy. Could he somehow consume a Naaru and gain its power? Because I really can't see Illidan getting holy powers the old fashion way.
    you would be surprised on how many people like Maiev.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-04-22 at 02:23 PM.

Aaaaaaand maybe Illidan becoming Holy doesn't mean he needs to forget Fel magic. What if Holy and Fel magic could work together, reaching a state of balance, just like the Yin Yang !? That's a way for Illidan doesn't have to forget everything he created, just to become some kind of angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Im sure if they foolishly intended to make Illidan into an 'angel' they won't now after all the fan bashing happening. Im an Illidan fanboy and if his demonic aspect is taken away id jump off that train most hastily. I dont mind him being a metaphorical champion of the light, just leave his physical features and his lust for power alone.
    Im sure they know why their character is as popular as he is and they wont Muck that up - fingers crossed.
    No offense, but it's pretty naive to think that Blizzard is going to scrap an entire plotline just because of some complaints - which doesn't even seem to be that much to begin with.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *heart failure*
    Muhahahahahaha
    it's inevitable, Maive loves Illidan and can't live without him, she will kidnap him once more and get marry in outland

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I was surprised

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perovano View Post
    Aaaaaaand maybe Illidan becoming Holy doesn't mean he needs to forget Fel magic. What if Holy and Fel magic could work together, reaching a state of balance, just like the Yin Yang !? That's a way for Illidan doesn't have to forget everything he created, just to become some kind of angel.
    "an Image of Illidan using light from his eyes and farting fel magic from hiss ass"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    #team_shiping__illidan_maive
    Sylvanadin all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No offense, but it's pretty naive to think that Blizzard is going to scrap an entire plotline just because of some complaints - which doesn't even seem to be that much to begin with.
    None taken.
    Scrap no, but modify yes!! And the complaints have been very high. Ever since the ending of the book has been common knowledge, everywhere ive read has a very negative reaction from a high amount of ppl. Illidan lovers don't seem to like the idea of 'AngelIdan'

Deleted
    Calling Kira mad ist just like you would call George W. Bush, the US-President who made America popular in the whole world, mad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    People love Maiev. Why? Because she's interesting. She's the Princess Theradras of the night elves. She's so obsessed with her man, she dragged his dead body underground to stare at it.

Most people want a happy ending for her, but only sort of. Because if she somehow becomes un-crazy, then the character will be less interesting, probably.

Couple thoughts --

-- interesting to read the questing experience and raid content experience retold through NPC perspective, if a little cheeky. Especially the Illidan boss fight itself, him smoking the rogue, etc. The way he notes that he can't kill them as easily deeper in the fight, because all the bads already died.

-- Does the main job pretty well, IMO, of making sense of "why all this Illidan chasing in BC anyway?", that us going after him was in part us being baited into it by the Legion to eliminate him as a threat.

-- If the New!Lore add-ins of the Void and Illidan as a general in the Army of Light lead to nothing more than an Angelic-Illidan skin for HOTS, it was worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

#team_shiping__illidan_maive
    Other than Arthas/Sylvanas, not sure there would ever have been a more epic hate sex in the history of Warcraft lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of the book was the raid on Illidan. Especially the part where he points out killing raiders has gotten harder as if he killed all the easy ones first, classic raiding.

I enjoyed the book. miss ocd got her troupe killed off with her stupidity. Was nice to have the behind the scenes workings of illidan fleshed out some more. always seemed like there should have been more and then BAM, there was. Too bad you can't give the npcs a copy of the book and say look what you caused...

would be sweet if she dies in legion chasing illidan again. vandel should relieve her body of her head. only reason why she even had a chance against Vandel was because she was empowered by naaru. which brings up the fact that the naaru must not communicate with each other at all...the elder naaru knew illidan was important, yet the lesser ones on outland didn't know that? or were they just helping their world invading spacegoats?
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-04-22 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    People love Maiev. Why? Because she's interesting. She's the Princess Theradras of the night elves. She's so obsessed with her man, she dragged his dead body underground to stare at it.

Most people want a happy ending for her, but only sort of. Because if she somehow becomes un-crazy, then the character will be less interesting, probably.
    I like her because of the whole

thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    I enjoyed the book. miss ocd got her troupe killed off with her stupidity. Was nice to have the behind the scenes workings of illidan fleshed out some more. always seemed like there should have been more and then BAM, there was. Too bad you can't give the npcs a copy of the book and say look what you caused...

would be sweet if she dies in legion chasing illidan again. vandel should relieve her body of her head. only reason why she even had a chance against Vandel was because she was empowered by naaru. which brings up the fact that the naaru must not communicate with each other at all...the elder naaru knew illidan was important, yet the lesser ones on outland didn't know that? or were they just helping their world invading spacegoats?
    The Elder Naaru mentioned Illidan would pay a price for his power. I'm assuming that was his death. My current headcanon is that the entire reason the Sha'tar went against Illidan rather than joining him was that they knew Illidan's raid on Argus was either doomed to failure or otherwise somehow an undesirable outcome. They wanted to stop him for the greater good, their war against the Void.

don't try to make malfurion look good
    malfurion is asshole
    Well, I just stated lore fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Well, I just stated lore fact.
    "pointing at Wildmoon"
    no you like Malfurion and trying to make him look good
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

"pointing at Wildmoon"
    no you like Malfurion and trying to make him look good
    Yes, I like Malfurion but I still state lore fact.

Both those Stormrage boys are supercilious bastards, really. They just have different vices.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Both those Stormrage boys are supercilious bastards, really. They just have different vices.
    "cough cough" tyranda "cough cough"

Deleted
    In short: occultists at Blizzard HQ are retelling the same old gnostic story of Lucifer. And now Illidan whos title is betrayer(just like Prometheus, other name for Lucifer) is getting his fiery holy form to fight the darkness, primordial form of God and nothingness in our universe. In W universe there was light first instead of darkness, you see the pattern?

I don't really mind Illidan becoming fire bringer as long as he will have some amazing looking gold aura, similar to holy nathrezim.

Super Saiyan Illidan confirmed!!!!!