Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's funny. Trump has won the hispanic vote in almost every state he's won minus Florida, whose Cuban population voted mostly for Rubio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.
    Yup, Hispanic/Latino in America means something different than the literal definition of Hispanic which includes anyone of Spanish descent. Louis CK is Hispanic. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Sadly Trump has put forth more of his platform than pretty much every other candidate.
    This is blatantly untrue:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
    https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/
    https://berniesanders.com/issues/

Cruz - I love God, and I'm not the Zodiac Killer
    Sanders - Follow me on this rainbow of dreams to eutopiavilleburg
    Clinton - Follow me on this rainbow of dreams to eutopiaburgville (I have my own ideas, I'm not a cranky old Jew.)
    Or... You can actually go to their sites and read what each has to say. I made it easy for you... Just click the links above...

Stop getting lost in the rhetoric of news organizations and actually look up their policies. Trump has ideas, and has fleshed out thoughts on how to implement them (whether possible or not is another discussion). Everyone else is just reaction mode to who they are running against.
    Your assessment of the candidates on issues is nothing, but rhetoric. For fuck's sake, Cruz not being a zodiac killer is his stance on the issues? Click the links to their actual sites... You are what you are complaining about...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It wasn't steal, it's literally, day 1 threaten Mexico with regulation to prohibit wire transfers to Mexico. Day 2 Mexico will protest. Day 3 they will give money to US and the threat of regulation is pulled. It's south park's underwear gnome logic...

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall
    From that link, some of it's actually quite reasonable. For example:
    Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.
    Is there any good argument against this? It's basically saying that if you'd like to transfer money out of the United States, you need actually be here legally in the first place. So people would no longer be able to come here illegally and transfer funds out of the country. Is anyone against that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

Is there any good argument against this? It's basically saying that if you'd like to transfer money out of the United States, you need actually be here legally in the first place. So people would no longer be able to come here illegally and transfer funds out of the country. Is anyone against that?
    How is that going to make Mexico pay for the wall? Also, day 3 on that page:

On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

How is that going to make Mexico pay for the wall? Also, day 3 on that page:
    The notion seems to be that the threat of shutting off the spigot that funnels tens of billions of dollars into their country would make them willing to cut off some cash. Of course, that threat has to actually be real. The contingency outlined in the proposal assumes that they'd acquiesce - Trump's people should also spell out what happens if they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The notion seems to be that the threat of shutting off the spigot that funnels tens of billions of dollars into their country would make them willing to cut off some cash. Of course, that threat has to actually be real. The contingency outlined in the proposal assumes that they'd acquiesce - Trump's people should also spell out what happens if they don't.
    The wall would cost 10s of billions to maintain and makes no sense what so ever if he believes the wall would prevent illegal immigration. What is the point for Mexico to build a wall that will stop those wire transfers, with a threat of stopping wire transfers? Give me money to shoot you in the face or I will shoot you in the face?

So the illegal aliens don't like the person who said he is going to step up enforcement?

Color me shocked.

Next you are going to tell me gang bangers don't like cops.

The wall would cost 10s of billions to maintain and makes no sense what so ever if he believes the wall would prevent illegal immigration. What is the point for Mexico to build a wall that will stop those wire transfers, with a threat of stopping wire transfers? Give me money to shoot you in the face or I will shoot you in the face?
    I don't think anyone thinks a wall would remove illegal immigrants from the country immediately. I don't know, maybe they do. That doesn't seem to be the actual plan though.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So the illegal aliens don't like the person who said he is going to step up enforcement?

Color me shocked.

Next you are going to tell me gang bangers don't like cops.
    They can't register to vote or apply for citizenship. The article is explicitly talking about latinos who can do those things. A.k.a. legal residents are pissed off at Trump, and are applying for citizenship so that they can tell him to fuck off at the polls in case he wins the nomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    They can't register to vote or apply for citizenship. The article is explicitly talking about latinos who can do those things. A.k.a. legal residents are pissed off at Trump, and are applying for citizenship so that they can tell him to fuck off at the polls in case he wins the nomination.
    Says many want to be naturalized so they can vote it isn't a unfair claim to make.

Says many want to be naturalized so they can vote it isn't a unfair claim to make.
    You need a green card for that. The only way an undocumented can get one of those is if they're already in deportation proceedings and a Judge decides to grants them one for having been here for over 10 years. And assuming they were willing to risk it all to get a green card, they still couldn't apply for naturalization because you need to have held that green card for at least 5 years.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

You realize the 'legal' way to get into this country is beyond ridiculous, and people go the illegal way because it's such a pain in the ass to do it legitly. This country was founded by people coming here and claiming "this land looks good, it's mine now"

Whoever said this, said it right, great nations build bridges, not walls. (paraphrasing obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by cousinit1686 View Post
    You realize the 'legal' way to get into this country is beyond ridiculous, and people go the illegal way because it's such a pain in the ass to do it legitly. This country was founded by people coming here and claiming "this land looks good, it's mine now"

Whoever said this, said it right, great nations build bridges, not walls. (paraphrasing obviously)
    This land was founded on killing Indians then slavery learn from history...

You realize the 'legal' way to get into this country is beyond ridiculous, and people go the illegal way because it's such a pain in the ass to do it legitly.
    This is a pretty lame argument. It's not really OK to say, "yeah, I don't like the rules, so I'm just not going to follow them".
    This country was founded by people coming here and claiming "this land looks good, it's mine now"
    If you recall, this didn't work out super well for the prior residents. I don't think the founding of the United States is a good argument for a nation's residents to welcome outsiders.

You need a green card for that. The only way an undocumented can get one of those is if they're already in deportation proceedings and a Judge decides to grants them one for having been here for over 10 years. And assuming they were willing to risk it all to get a green card, they still couldn't apply for naturalization because you need to have held that green card for at least 5 years.
    I assume you have a point with this?

I assume you have a point with this?
    Yes, the point is that your claim is unfair, because the article:
    According to the New York Times, fed-up Latino immigrants are registering to become citizens
    says they're registering to become citizens. You can't do that if you aren't here lawfully and meet a bunch of other criteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need citizenship to vote, not a green card. I have plenty of green card holding coworkers who can't vote, though they love here and pay taxes.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    You need citizenship to vote, not a green card. I have plenty of green card holding coworkers who can't vote, though they love here and pay taxes.
    Yeah, we were talking about needing a green card to apply for citizenship so they can vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we were talking about needing a green card to apply for citizenship so they can vote.
    Ah ok.

Incidentally, it's a good thing green card holders can't vote. My English boss kind of wants Trump to win because he feels that something's gotta give before we can fix things. That things are going to have to get seriously fucked up before we can right the ship, so to speak.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Great. Another economic sector outside of narcotics that will become fully run by criminals. No doubt there will a substantial uptick of associated criminality to go with it.