Give us mass hysteria, rename the current Mass Hysteria pvp talent, make mass hysteria cause the mobs to attack themselves. gg wp (that'd be fun tho)

Homophobia is so gay.

That'd be a pretty fun stand in for an AoE DoT. The only issue is Blizzard seem unhappy with how much utility/CC Shadow Priests have as is. So I doubt it would ever happen, however thematic the idea might be.

Actually, Sphere is one of my favorite things, it's fun to watch it do its thing and it feels nice. The rest of our AoE kit, I feel, needs to capture that feeling, play with it/play off of it.
    Last edited by Purple; 2016-04-23 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    First whisper : "Did you like it ?" after I was stunned by a filthy mob before the 2nd boss.

Second whisper : "The assimilation of the Eredars was a great victory for Sargeras. He really needed a bit of intelligence in his army." Just a few sec after the first whisper, as soon as the Eredar boss was aggroed/seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna level up to 110 (level 108, i'm slacking) and screen everytime it talks to me.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Shadow Priest and Warlocks fight fire with fire. Twilight Cultists worship the Old Gods/Void. It makes sense that they are different and at odds.

I see the new Void theme being along the lines of "touching a power for so long that we have become tainted." Whereas the Twilight Cultists gave them to the Corruption of the Old Gods for power. I say "tainted" because we retain our sanity, but sit on the edge of madness (corruption).
    I'm not sure if I'd say Shadow Priests simply fight fire with fire. They don't see it as an enemy whose tactics they're appropriating, but rather as a natural force that exists in balance with the Light. This makes them a bit different from Warlocks.

However, this is a belief that would put them at odds with both the Church of the Holy Light and Twilight's Hammer, if the Church and Hammer can still be considered separate entities, since they don't favor the dominance of either Light or Void.

I'll upload a video with the new animation and sound effects later today. Nothing special, just a short preview of the changes.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I'll upload a video with the new animation and sound effects later today. Nothing special, just a short preview of the changes.
    Looking forward to it! Be fast

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    The mind sear spread dots topic have been brought again in the alpha forums. What if they made MS spread dots but just after a full channeled and with a 15s cd? Do the same treatment with Mind trauma. That would prevent quickly spam to apply dots and dot-tab would still be relevant.

Or if they don't want to change the CD, they could make a stackable buff like "after the full channeled of mind sear, the next full channeled will spread your dots" This way you only would cast two mind sears in a row to spread the dots on adds and dot-tab would still be a thing for council fights.

What do you guys think?
    And that fixes exactly what? We have troubles doing burst aoe. While you will channel your two sears, struggling to beat tanks on damage, when your sear reaches the point it spreads dots, targets would be either dead already or near to death.

Also, looking at how blizzard "implements" new mechanics (incoming sphere nerf, mass removal of utility), I'd better just have everything like it is now and start drowning millions of gnomes in Dalaran fountain praying for RNGesus to favor me when time comes to farm The Ring.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The ring will be fine. An argument could be made for buffing Shadow Crash, but that's only because it lags behind the other options on that tier.

Although frankly I wouldn't mind if they removed Mind Sear, made Shadow Crash baseline, and sliced the CD to like 9 seconds scaling with haste. Maybe make it share a CD with Mind Blast? Once we understand the rhythm of a given fight and know where and when to pre-cast it, I don't see any real problem with how it operates-- certainly not any more than what other classes deal with, like tanks moving enemies out of Defiles or Earthquakes.

Mind Sear has never been that near and dear to my heart; I'd rather have a fire-and-forget AOE that I could launch and then go back to dotting.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The ring will be fine. An argument could be made for buffing Shadow Crash, but that's only because it lags behind the other options on that tier.

Although frankly I wouldn't mind if they removed Mind Sear, made Shadow Crash baseline, and sliced the CD to like 9 seconds scaling with haste. Maybe make it share a CD with Mind Blast? Once we understand the rhythm of a given fight and know where and when to pre-cast it, I don't see any real problem with how it operates-- certainly not any more than what other classes deal with, like tanks moving enemies out of Defiles or Earthquakes.

Mind Sear has never been that near and dear to my heart; I'd rather have a fire-and-forget AOE that I could launch and then go back to dotting.
    I wouldnt mind that design, especially since alot of classes seem to be getting a aoe rework/QOL change (atleast for range).

- - - Updated - - -

It could work like frost mage where you cast blizzard somewhere and then continue with your rotation, in our case i guess cast it on tank or a certain mob and then still dps as normal like you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit, while I'm underwhelmed by the visuals of the artifact dagger, the whispers, especially the ones triggered by game events, are extremely cool. Thematically, I love it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I got some new whispers for you guys. Will post them later

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I have to admit, while I'm underwhelmed by the visuals of the artifact dagger, the whispers, especially the ones triggered by game events, are extremely cool. Thematically, I love it.
    Yeah it comes up short model wise, but it's absolutely awesome other than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha cartoonz thinks shadow priest is the best pvp class on alpha. He clearly hasn't played any melee

snipped - Djriff

Although in 3s we're def up there.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-04-24 at 01:56 AM.

The more the dagger talks to me... the more I think lorewalker cho is in fact a Void Lord. The dagger knows EVERYTHINg about EVERYTONe in wow wtf

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Why don't they just bake Mind Sear in Mind Flay, solves their problems to tune the 2 spells, and get a talent that causes mindflay to apply some dots to the cleaved targets.

Our aoe is truly shit. Holy priest holy nova spam will beat Shadow.

We do need some change to our aoe, as legion aoe is worse than wod.

I love the fact that shadow crash messes with your camera if you are close to a wall or some other texture :3

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The more the dagger talks to me... the more I think lorewalker cho is in fact a Void Lord. The dagger knows EVERYTHINg about EVERYTONe in wow wtf
    Well, I've got to say I'm looking forward to this.

7+ Year Old Account
    I signed on to say SoI's new sound is absolutely annoying af. All i hear is the same PEW sound every 1 second and overwhelms the rest of the game's sound. No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    I signed on to say SoI's new sound is absolutely annoying af. All i hear is the same PEW sound every 1 second and overwhelms the rest of the game's sound. No bueno.
    Yeah I hope it is a placeholder lol. Otherwise we'll need to disable that sound through addons.

As far as it's current state how are the specs single target, multitarget, AoE, target switching and movement impact reduction tools? Trying to get a gauge of how the ranged specs are in each aspect at this point in the alpha so I can get back to my raid leader about which ones I would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    As far as it's current state how are the specs single target, multitarget, AoE, target switching and movement impact reduction tools? Trying to get a gauge of how the ranged specs are in each aspect at this point in the alpha so I can get back to my raid leader about which ones I would prefer.
    Scale of 1 to 10 my opinion:

Single target = 10
    Multitarget to 3 targets = 8
    AoE = 1 without ring, 6 with http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13397...-painful-touch
    Movement = 4
    Target Switching = 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Scale of 1 to 10 my opinion:

Single target = 10
    Multitarget to 3 targets = 8
    AoE = 1 without ring, 6 with http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13397...-painful-touch
    Movement = 4
    Target Switching = 6
    With the ring, this is pretty much everything I want out of a spec. I want to be able to single out a target and utterly slaughter it, throw dots on his two big buddies, and mostly ignore little pissant 'cleave this down in ten seconds' garbage. Hitting them with Sear for a tick for DOT spread with the ring and then going back to single target is an acceptable compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    With the ring, this is pretty much everything I want out of a spec. I want to be able to single out a target and utterly slaughter it, throw dots on his two big buddies, and mostly ignore little pissant 'cleave this down in ten seconds' garbage. Hitting them with Sear for a tick for DOT spread with the ring and then going back to single target is an acceptable compromise.
    Yeah with ring is pretty much the ideal setup for me. I imagine the best way to use ring will be at about 15 stacks in to void form to get the most out of mass hyteria and void form stacks. If you have void torrent/mindbender available, you can probably wait until 25 stacks.