Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    what does exterminated mean? killed off completely? 99.999% gone as a population? Aldrachi are gone. they were uncorruptable and destroyed completely because of it.

I don't think the concept of holy Nathrezim is all that cheesy. The Draenei are already holy Eredar.

I do think the whole Alleria and Turalyon battling the Legion for "1000 years" is extremely corny and unnecessary. I think that whole plotline is going to be cringe-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    You have spoilers in your "spoiler free" title..
    Pretty sure the model has been linked on the front page so its hardly a spoiler.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't think the concept of holy Nathrezim is all that cheesy. The Draenei are already holy Eredar.

I do think the whole Alleria and Turalyon battling the Legion for "1000 years" is extremely corny and unnecessary. I think that whole plotline is going to be cringe-worthy.

Pretty sure the model has been linked on the front page so its hardly a spoiler.
    on other forum when I was casually talking and mentioned that Sylv is the new Warchife they said it was Spoiler despite it was very old news
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Sickening to see Aponi acting like a Paladin rather than a Sunwalker.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    I just think the paladins are coming together and becoming one faction from many, and as blizzard seems to be aiming for us all to join the grand army of the light it would make sense for the paladins and priests to be the first to join in on it.

And as for the sunwalkers becoming more "paladiny" I mean.... they are being faced with the light on a whole new level, close contact with naaru, lothraxion and so forth, untill now they only had a few run ins with blood knights, but now they get to see more of other factions worship of the light, it's going to cause some cultural bleedover.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    They're all coming together now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    No no no no no. Draenei are the original eredar. The race Kil'jaeden/Archimonde are now are CORRUPTED Eredar. As the Draenei are the only known uncorrupted Eredar in existence though, we call them Draenei and the bad guys Eredar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I just think the paladins are coming together and becoming one faction from many, and as blizzard seems to be aiming for us all to join the grand army of the light it would make sense for the paladins and priests to be the first to join in on it.

And as for the sunwalkers becoming more "paladiny" I mean.... they are being faced with the light on a whole new level, close contact with naaru, lothraxion and so forth, untill now they only had a few run ins with blood knights, but now they get to see more of other factions worship of the light, it's going to cause some cultural bleedover.
    My Death Knight is thrilled at this concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a holy dreadlord is all that strange. Don't forget how the Ashbringer's little light shard was first created. It was an orb of pure void energy, not fel or shadow. And the paladins threw enough light energy into it to turn it completely holy. Could the same not be done to a demon much easier, as they're not innately void? Hell, with this logic a void lord himself could probably be converted to holy by the naaru. *shrug*
    I make videos of SimCity mainly, but am open to suggestions; check me out!

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcan...?feature=guide
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheArcaneBagel

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theArcaneBagel View Post
    I don't think a holy dreadlord is all that strange. Don't forget how the Ashbringer's little light shard was first created. It was an orb of pure void energy, not fel or shadow. And the paladins threw enough light energy into it to turn it completely holy. Could the same not be done to a demon much easier, as they're not innately void? Hell, with this logic a void lord himself could probably be converted to holy by the naaru. *shrug*
    "elder Naaru"
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    No no no no no. Draenei are the original eredar. The race Kil'jaeden/Archimonde are now are CORRUPTED Eredar. As the Draenei are the only known uncorrupted Eredar in existence though, we call them Draenei and the bad guys Eredar.
    Well the original uncorrupted race that lived on argus was called Eredar, then they got corrupted by Sargeras and became Man'ari. Eredars led by Velen and Naarus became Draenei (the exiled ones).

The majority of Eredars got corrupted (I think) so they use the race original name "Eredar" but they are "Man'ari" to the Draeneis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That's actually how Paladins worked in BC. They had different names for the same spell. I liked that. It was a nice little gift to the lore that didn't negatively impact the game play in any way. I mean, they do still have Heroism vs Bloodlust so the precedent is still in the game.
    Totally, I won't get into the modern pants on head retarded design decisions that are made in the name of "class fantasy", but things like spells with different animations or names based on race are a good way to have class fantasy without running into balance issues.

Other games have done it as well, a prime example was Warhammer Online. (Yeah it failed horribly but it had some good points.) For all intents and purposes there were only 12 classes, even though you could choose from 24. Each class had a counter part, that in practice was the same thing but felt completely different. Example, High elf White Lion was the Chaos Marauder. The Marauder morphed his off hand into living weapon to change his skill sets while the White Lion had commands to change the type of moves it's Lion pet had. Yet again, not praising the failed MMO, however some concepts were good.

I'm curious, how should a Sunwalker act? Because so far in game ever since they were fully introduced Sunwalkers have pretty much just acted like Paladins. Like we had that interaction with Aponi before Cata launched where she talked to Tauren Elders, about the An'she and all that crap, however she's done -nothing- since then other than showing up to help us during the elemental invasion.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-04-23 at 05:26 PM.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post

I'm curious, how should a Sunwalker act? Because so far in game ever since they were fully introduced Sunwalkers have pretty much just acted like Paladins. Like we had that interaction with Aponi before Cata launched where she talked to Tauren Elders, about the An'she and all that crap, however she's done -nothing- since then other than showing up to help us during the elemental invasion.
    That's pretty much my point.

Sunwalkers behave too much like paladins, it's bland and part of what made me unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post

Cultural bleedover would imply a mix of the two groups, not the silver hand and Draenei basically overwriting the Horde's stuff.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Right, the modern differences between Blood elf, and Human Paladins are all in the backstory at this point. Me, I personally like the new identity, but I did not really hate it back during burning crusade. I was also 8 years younger back then, and had vastly different tastes than I do today. I really liked the Sunwell redemption story, from both the perspective of a Paladin and just a Blood elf in general. Between things that Velen said at the end, things that Liadrin says during the Quel'delar quest chain, and things that redone Blood elf intro from Cata say it makes it clear Silvermoon is facing great changes. Changes that not every Blood elf is on board with and the Bloodknights and Liadrin are spearheading, ones that we never really get to see any where in game outside of Talador.
    I don't hate the Redemption Story, but I think it game a little bit too early and too fast. I felt really random that they got their redemption and it was far to easy. I would have liked it more to see how they find back to the light, but still must fight against the distrust and the grudge they caused on the other Paladins. I think it would have been better to see Blood Knights as Faction in wotlk, how they try to earn the trust of the Argent Crusaders, after they had defiled the Alonsus Chapel and Uthers Tomb. I think a little bit hatred and mistrust against the Blood Knights had made the whole redemption story stronger and more believable. After all, Redemption isn't something you get for free, like it felt in the actual story, but something you earn yourself, you fight in a long and painful battle in which you must face your former crimes.

Back on topic, yeah I agree on Sunwalkers, they should have given all the Sunwalker NPCs the Sunwalker Greatsword that they get for their level 20 quests. One of the only race specific class rewards still around. I won't even get into the issues I have with the armor since you covered it well enough.
    I like that Sword, but I would have been fine with more tribal and taurenlike armors and weapons. For example this guy is how I think a Sunwalker should look like:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Sunwalker_Atohmo.jpg

The Polearm is a Weapon a Tauren would totally use and I think this kind of Plate Armor really fits the Style of the Tauren while looking somehow noble. It's a shame that we players can get this Weapon only in White Quality from a Vendor and are therefore unable to transmog it.

I wish blizzard would just change spell names for a few race/class combinations, not spell functions to just add a little flavor back to race class identity. That, and unique racial transmog armor would also be a welcomed, so plate armor fitting a Sunwalker can be added. They are the one paladin race I just have issues seeing as a Knight of Silverhand. Not, that I don't think Sunwalkers can't be Knights of Silverhand mind you, I just feel the concept needs more development into the role rather than the whole. "You use the Light, wear plate join our ranks!" bullshit that it feels like is happening.
    I liked the Way Bioware made Classes in SWTOR. For example Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights have exactly the same spells, but different names and animations that fits their classes Lore. I would love to see the Sunwalkers with more Sunlike spells like the Druids use.

And I don't think that a Tauren should be a Knight of a Silver Hand, just like a Human shouldn't be Vindicator, a Draenei shouldn't be a Blood Knight and a Blood Elf shouldn't be a Sunwalker. I think it would have been better to portray the Paladin Class Order more of a Alliance of the Holy Orders of Azeroth under a new Name, like the Inquisition (which is the coolest name a holy Order could give itself). As a Knights of the Silver Hand Fan, I don't want Tauren Silverhanders and I think a real Blood Elf or Tauren Paladin Fan don't want to be a Silver Hander either, but remain a Blood Knight or a Sunwalker.

To make a comparison to the Bloodknights, they had that huge redemption arc back in BC and recently Blizzard is finally showing us how they've come full circle. They are Paladins, their culture calls them a different name, but paladins they are are. If they never updated the Sunwell, or did but made it clear the order did not change ideologies I would be so peeved by the idea of them becoming Knights of Silverhand it's not even funny.
    Like in Realtime, diversity is better than making everyone the same. Sure, you could paint everyone white, black or austrian when different people work together, or you could let them stay what they are and show that they can get along despite their differences. I think the whole Class Order thing would be stronger if the Paladins still hold their own identity, ideals and holy Order and doesn't even have to like each other, but fight together on the base of the basic Ideas of Justice, Sacrifice, Compassion and that the strong should use their strength for others.

And yeah, I made the whole Post just because I want to point out that I would prefer to be the Inquisitor instead of the Highlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much my point.

Sunwalkers behave too much like paladins, it's bland and part of what made me unsub.

Like, I was okay with Sunwalkers when I first heard the idea, but the moment they were put into game I realized they only existed to give people Horde Players an option outside of Blood elves.

It was an okay sales pitch... honestly the entire thing would have worked better if Blood elves already worshiped the Sun, like actually worshiped it like the Nightelves worship the moon. That way Tauren could be like this cool, "We hold both celestial entities in balance, while Kaldorei forsake the Sun, and the Sin'dorei forsake the moon we balance both."

Meh.. I'll just leave it at that, point is it was probably the most disappointing race class combination when it comes to new lore.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    And I don't think that a Tauren should be a Knight of a Silver Hand, just like a Human shouldn't be Vindicator, a Draenei shouldn't be a Blood Knight and a Blood Elf shouldn't be a Sunwalker. I think it would have been better to portray the Paladin Class Order more of a Alliance of the Holy Orders of Azeroth under a new Name, like the Inquisition (which is the coolest name a holy Order could give itself). As a Knights of the Silver Hand Fan, I don't want Tauren Silverhanders and I think a real Blood Elf or Tauren Paladin Fan don't want to be a Silver Hander either, but remain a Blood Knight or a Sunwalker.

Like in Realtime, diversity is better than making everyone the same. Sure, you could paint everyone white, black or austrian when different people work together, or you could let them stay what they are and show that they can get along despite their differences. I think the whole Class Order thing would be stronger if the Paladins still hold their own identity, ideals and holy Order and doesn't even have to like each other, but fight together on the base of the basic Ideas of Justice, Sacrifice, Compassion and that the strong should use their strength for others.
    Yeah, but I pose this question to you.

With out the Naaru sucking crap what is the difference between a Blood-Knight and a Paladin?

Blood-Knights were nationalistic and were willing to do just about anything to ensure Quel'thalas was safe. That whole "Willing to do anything." stuff is what lead them down the dark path they went, one could also argue that nationalism also contributed to this. At this point it seems there are three goals for the Bloodknights, to atone for the sins the committed during BC. To protect Quel'thalas. To do their own part to end the Blood elves dependency on Arcane energy.

The fact is, the Blood-knights that we know (from BC) are done with, they've forged them selves a new identity. Just like the phoenix rising from the ashes of the past. It's actually one of my biggest peeves that they've given Lady Liadrin her Blood-Knight Tabard back. We have official art of her ripping it in half, and for good reason. I swear the only reason they gave it back to her, is the vast majority of Wow players would be too stupid to understand what she was if it was not written on her god damned chest.

Ps, As a Bloodelf fan/ Blood elf Paladin I'm more than fine being a Knight of Silverhand.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-04-23 at 08:28 PM.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You must confusing streamers. There is nothing wrong about swearing and lore preferences, that isn't toxic.
    It's funny because he rages at me despite me having never done any of those things. He just got mad that I disagreed with something he liked once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think the most stupid part of the implementation was that the Game doesn't explains Tauren Paladins that they are Sunwalkers, pretty much Warriordruids of the Sun, instead of Paladins. Blizzard made a better job back when they implemented Blood Elf Paladins. When you played your class quests, you learned and got the feeling that you're not a Paladin, some faithful Paragon of Justice and Light. You were a Blood Knight, Silvermoonds Elite, a Master of Light and Protector of Quel'thalasm a Black Knight compared to the holy Knights the Alliance had. While the Alliance Paladin Quests gave you a feel to be a Hero of the Light, as Blood Elf you got the feeling that you are a pretty badass and evil dude. That was cool. I loved playing my Human and my Blood Elf Paladins with a whole different Class Fantasy on each on them, Blizzard did a really great job back then. I think with more Class Quests, Blizzard could have made the whole Tauren Paladin-thing less controversal with class quests that give you a race-class Fantasy.

And that the Paladin T-Sets don't fit the Tauren. The other Paladin races all have place for some western medieval fantasy style armors, while the Tauren have a differend style. Sets like T2, T4,T6 and most others just don't fit the Tauren Race Fantasy, as a more indian- and, from our viewpoint, barbarian-like Race. I would love if each Paladin-Interpretation could get a own Mogging-Set with Tabard, so that we could get again the feeling that, while every "Paladin" is working under the Name of the Silver Hand, the Humans and the Dwarfs are the classical and true Silver Hand Paladins, while the Draenei are Vindicators of the Naaru, the Blood Elfs are the Blood Knights and the Tauren are Sunwalkers.
    What you are saying about armour can be said of most classes and races. Night Elves never were the kind to wear heavy plate armour. Sentinels armours were shown to be more... skimpy, to say the least. Trolls, orcs and Tauren warriors should not wear plate either. All the grunts we saw before WoW were wearing leather harnesses and horned-helmets. A Troll mage wearing these flowing regal robes may look like a mage, but it certainly doesn't look much like a Troll. If "western medieval" plate armour do not fit with Sunwalkers, it does not fit either with Tauren warriors, who, again, should wear leather and swing huge tree trunks to squash their enemies. All races, except humans, have lost a little of their special flavour for reasons of convenience.

I always thought, however, that they should have made transmog sets based on the different races. Not only for paladins, but for other classes as well. One for each armour type and for each race. That's... 4x13... 52 sets! Well, we may be waiting a while...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    What you are saying about armour can be said of most classes and races. Night Elves never were the kind to wear heavy plate armour. Sentinels armours were shown to be more... skimpy, to say the least. Trolls, orcs and Tauren warriors should not wear plate either. All the grunts we saw before WoW were wearing leather harnesses and horned-helmets. A Troll mage wearing these flowing regal robes may look like a mage, but it certainly doesn't look much like a Troll. If "western medieval" plate armour do not fit with Sunwalkers, it does not fit either with Tauren warriors, who, again, should wear leather and swing huge tree trunks to squash their enemies. All races, except humans, have lost a little of their special flavour for reasons of convenience.

I always thought, however, that they should have made transmog sets based on the different races. Not only for paladins, but for other classes as well. One for each armour type and for each race. That's... 4x13... 52 sets! Well, we may be waiting a while...
    Dear Blizzard: Please take the Cultural Armour set idea from Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

Yeah, but you couldn't serious beleive that it would be hard to make that many armors, do you? Most of the Armor is just painted on the Character, the only thing that must really modelled new are the shoulders and some extra on the belt.

Blood Knights should just wear the Silvermoon tabard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We do have a special set for the Blood Knights.. But for some dumb reasons we cannot use it.
    hmmm, which set? We can use T2 =D
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Blood Knights should just wear the Silvermoon tabard?

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm, which set? We can use T2 =D
    60 PvP Set.
    And you get your Blood Knight Tabard through the Level 50 Black Rock Quest.