Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Happy to some degree yes, one spec shouldn't be the most mobile, highest damage and easiest for a class. High single target and aoe dmg with no punishment for moving all the while being next to impossible to die with due to cd and life buffs. I am sorry you can't play cheat code SoO destro anymore.
    So how are MM hunters doing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    So how are MM hunters doing right now?
    They at least take a hit for moving. Either way it has nothing to do with it. They are very simple and very strong it doesn't mean other classes should be too. If nothing else they ahould nerf MM. They could go back to the demo model, make a class more challenging but offer a higher ceiling with it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep I agree, they completely broke destro, for arenas anyway. Try getting 1 chaos bolt off in a match, it ain't easy. And now in legion they are making it so you need 2 embers before you can fire off a CB is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Thematically in terms of them throwing fire and blowing things up, they overlapped too much in my view.
    The problem then is how to make one fiery spec unique from the other, without it being about blowing stuff up.
    Which I think is why they are so bent on making destro more ~*cHaOtIc*~ through things like its ridiculous Mastery and the random nature of the artifact rifts. It's a bit much, tbh

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm retiring my firstage and going to do a free boost element shaman there so bad ass in legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Which I think is why they are so bent on making destro more ~*cHaOtIc*~ through things like its ridiculous Mastery and the random nature of the artifact rifts. It's a bit much, tbh
    Don't forget rain of fire making infernal rain from the sky xD

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you mean the simplest class in the game.

i guess the warlock class isnt simple enough, so he has to pick an even simpler class, not like there really is much of a difference between fire and destro tbh.
    "every class that I don't play" SO SIMPLE, MUCH NOOB

I don't see anything wrong with a chaotic theme, just not sure this one works entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I don't see anything wrong with a chaotic theme, just not sure this one works entirely.
    I don't disagree. The theme is a good one to have for destro, but their implementation of it is not great

10+ Year Old Account
    I always felt Destruction Warlocks were too Fire magey.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Sadly Destro has quiet poor spec fantasy with a boring and too predictable rotation, while Fire Mage is one of my favourite RP choices with a flowing, proc-based gameplay. I wish Blizz made Destro "more Warlock like" since its current state is quiet sad aesthetically and doesn't have a "warlocky feeling", especially with sacrificed pet... (hell how I hate that talent). Green fire is quiet meh, since it makes our mounts look ugly and our spell animations way too similar. CB is fel fire, that's ok, just make Incinerate look like Demonbolt (purple with some smoldering fire). Overall a full rework would be nice, since all rotations (live, old (MoP) and alpha) are quiet boring, with a fire mage like spell kit (Incinerate=Fireball; Chaos Bolt=Pyroblast; Conflagrate=Inferno Blast; Immolation=Combustion) but without any real communication among these abilities. I'm not saying that Destro is a bad design on its own, it is just so boring compared to the very similar fire mage - so sad since this alone forces me to main a mage instead of a warlock and while I like affli/demo, I really dislike frost and have an ambivalent relationship with arcane - I like its gameplay but not the idea behind the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovassy View Post
    Sadly Destro has quiet poor spec fantasy with a boring and too predictable rotation, while Fire Mage is one of my favourite RP choices with a flowing, proc-based gameplay. I wish Blizz made Destro "more Warlock like" since its current state is quiet sad aesthetically and doesn't have a "warlocky feeling", especially with sacrificed pet... (hell how I hate that talent). Green fire is quiet meh, since it makes our mounts look ugly and our spell animations way too similar. CB is fel fire, that's ok, just make Incinerate look like Demonbolt (purple with some smoldering fire). Overall a full rework would be nice, since all rotations (live, old (MoP) and alpha) are quiet boring, with a fire mage like spell kit (Incinerate=Fireball; Chaos Bolt=Pyroblast; Conflagrate=Inferno Blast; Immolation=Combustion) but without any real communication among these abilities. I'm not saying that Destro is a bad design on its own, it is just so boring compared to the very similar fire mage - so sad since this alone forces me to main a mage instead of a warlock and while I like affli/demo, I really dislike frost and have an ambivalent relationship with arcane - I like its gameplay but not the idea behind the spec.
    See? The thing is it is your opinion and in my opinion your opinion is nonsense, as I do happen to like current Destruction a lot and I do happen to like that I can gut the demon for extra power and I do happen to like a lot of felfire and I do believe there is a lot of synergy between abilities.

So stop trying to ruin what I like, you don't like it? Fire Mage is a click away...

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone abandon a full-damage class because one spec is boring? I agree that Fire mage is much more interesting than Destro lock in terms of spell-communication/AoE usage (building pyros/PC nuking to create great ignites/spread LBs in the correct moment for massive booms) but you got two more specs, one of which is very viable. If you dislike 2/3 specs of your class though I'd recommend switching. It's funny though how many players rolled lock on 5.4 when it was in an imbalanced godlike mode and when WoD came out they stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Why would anyone abandon a full-damage class because one spec is boring? I agree that Fire mage is much more interesting than Destro lock in terms of spell-communication/AoE usage (building pyros/PC nuking to create great ignites/spread LBs in the correct moment for massive booms) but you got two more specs, one of which is very viable. If you dislike 2/3 specs of your class though I'd recommend switching. It's funny though how many players rolled lock on 5.4 when it was in an imbalanced godlike mode and when WoD came out they stopped.
    My lock was actually my first toon I played when I started this game at the tail end of BC. Heck, I've pretty much been a Destro lock since then. It's not that I want to be OP again like we were in SoO, I just would rather have a rotation similar to it again.

And for the most part it is, but there's a few things that bug me about the current spec. For one, I HATE the new mastery. It's awful. I could have tolerated it when one of the artifact traits was to roll it 3 times and pick the highest value, to smooth out the rng. But now, our damage from pull to pull could be wildly inconsistent, depending on our luck with mastery procs on our CBs.

The other thing that bothers me is that our only baseline CD in now the DG. Maybe this is just me, but I like a CD that affects *my* damage, not just one that fires off a pet. I like having to think and change up my rotation depending on CDs, rather than just fire and forget.

My point is, while I appreciate that they are trying to make Destro more distinguishable from Fire Mages, I'm not happy with some of the changes, and could empathize with someone wanting to switch

Thematically in terms of them throwing fire and blowing things up, they overlapped too much in my view.
    The problem then is how to make one fiery spec unique from the other, without it being about blowing stuff up.
    Well ... it shouldn't be hard, but for some reason it appears to be.

Every Warlock spec should feel like a Warlock, and every Mage spec should feel like a Mage ... to the point where even a Warlock who is about fire and a Mage who is about fire feel distinct.

Mechanically, for me this means all Warlock specs should deal some Shadow damage and all Mage specs should deal some Arcane damage.

Destro should be a small amount of Shadow damage, a high amount of Fire damage and a high amount of Chaos damage. Fire Mage should be a moderate amount of Arcane damage with a very high amount of Fire damage.

With appropriate representations visually.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well ... it shouldn't be hard, but for some reason it appears to be.

Every Warlock spec should feel like a Warlock, and every Mage spec should feel like a Mage ... to the point where even a Warlock who is about fire and a Mage who is about fire feel distinct.

Mechanically, for me this means all Warlock specs should deal some Shadow damage and all Mage specs should deal some Arcane damage.

Destro should be a small amount of Shadow damage, a high amount of Fire damage and a high amount of Chaos damage. Fire Mage should be a moderate amount of Arcane damage with a very high amount of Fire damage.

With appropriate representations visually.
    We have a difference of opinion there.
    To me destruction is not defined by "chaos" damage, which for the most part is simply any other elemental damage by another name.
    By that argument any spec should have practically the same spells, only a different colour and elemental type.

I get the idea of chaos being unpredictable, but to bake it into the amount of damage we hit something with just seems too passive, non-interactive.
    I would rather it were more randomness we can react to.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-23 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My lock was actually my first toon I played when I started this game at the tail end of BC. Heck, I've pretty much been a Destro lock since then. It's not that I want to be OP again like we were in SoO, I just would rather have a rotation similar to it again.

And for the most part it is, but there's a few things that bug me about the current spec. For one, I HATE the new mastery. It's awful. I could have tolerated it when one of the artifact traits was to roll it 3 times and pick the highest value, to smooth out the rng. But now, our damage from pull to pull could be wildly inconsistent, depending on our luck with mastery procs on our CBs.

The other thing that bothers me is that our only baseline CD in now the DG. Maybe this is just me, but I like a CD that affects *my* damage, not just one that fires off a pet. I like having to think and change up my rotation depending on CDs, rather than just fire and forget.

My point is, while I appreciate that they are trying to make Destro more distinguishable from Fire Mages, I'm not happy with some of the changes, and could empathize with someone wanting to switch
    I get your point and can see why you are annoyed at Destro's current situation, but I believe there are always patches/expansions that certain specs are outshined by others. As Destro was great in 5.4, now others are. I believe that you have to see through the spec in launch and even later on to judge completely whether you disapprove fully of it or not. That has happened several times to me as a mage player even when a spec still remains relevant dps-wise. Arcane can be godlike but who can enjoy it to the fullest when it's so reliant on procs nowadays, but I have faith for Legion. So should you warlocks. You ain't known for being defeatists. (x

I need to get in on that beta/alpha and test out the specs, I have a natural feel for old destro and I go Demo when the fight favors it over Destro (especially if the mechanics are a disaster for destro like single target with long periods of mobility) to the point that I know what my ember resources are at, when things were off cooldown and when to cast my dot without looking. I need to see which of the new builds I enjoy, just have to get past that part of my brain that says, "Its different so I hates it! I hates it I do!"

The removal of "Fire and Brimstone" is what did it for me.

Going to miss my Impy and Slutubus, and my Green Fire.

Have not made any decisions yet to what class I'm going to play in Legion, but the new Survival Hunter, and Fire Mage look really fun...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it doesn't really fit the name but I kind of wish Destruction warlocks were more in line with slow agonizing burns that melted the flesh from your bones instead of the green explosion stuff they're going for.