Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    SCK tab targetting is still kinda the worst. They fucking lied about tab targetting being fixed.
    I feel the same. But, we are probably stuck with it at this point. It's to bad Rushing Tiger Palm is a PvP talent (10yd TP). It would have helped with the tab-targeting stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I feel the same. But, we are probably stuck with it at this point. It's to bad Rushing Tiger Palm is a PvP talent (10yd TP). It would have helped with the tab-targeting stuff.
    Would've been nice as a replacement for Chi Torpedo... it just doesn't feel the same now that its only momentum, I'd rather see it gone

Come to think of it, old Chi Torpedo would be pretty neat if, say, it was something you could talent and every creature you hit with it is 'tagged' for Spinning Crane Kick? Way better than tab targetting heh
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    We don't have to be stuck with it. Several other class communities have demonstrated clearly that you can tell Blizzard no if you speak together firmly about it. Our problem as a community is maybe we're a little too nice when it comes to this stuff. We were fed the prior version of SEF that was so bad that Blizzard announced its replacement before the server that allowed us to try it even went live. But our attitude was basically "wait and see" and that attitude will get us nowhere.

As for this new SEF, I don't like it. But I think a reasonable compromise between myself and those who do would be to remove the tab targeting aspect of it. It seems to me that most people agree with me that tab targeting is not fun. But so long as we continue to say "it could be worse" we are missing the opportunity to say "it could be better"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    As for this new SEF, I don't like it. But I think a reasonable compromise between myself and those who do would be to remove the tab targeting aspect of it. It seems to me that most people agree with me that tab targeting is not fun. But so long as we continue to say "it could be worse" we are missing the opportunity to say "it could be better"
    Ehm, are you talking about new SEF, or new SCK? New SEF is super nice, and it tab targets SCK for you, and it's really really nice to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    We don't have to be stuck with it. Several other class communities have demonstrated clearly that you can tell Blizzard no if you speak together firmly about it. Our problem as a community is maybe we're a little too nice when it comes to this stuff. We were fed the prior version of SEF that was so bad that Blizzard announced its replacement before the server that allowed us to try it even went live. But our attitude was basically "wait and see" and that attitude will get us nowhere.
    Well, it's because we have a rather small community, with usually higher skileld players, which in most cases means more mature people. That means you won't see a bunch of angry WW monks writting toxic and rude tweets when they disagree with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    They fucking lied about tab targetting being fixed.
    They are tweaking with tab targeting since WoD alpha, but they never got it right. Right now, tab targeting for melee is operating on some kind of weird cone infront of you, while actively trying not to target ranged targets and also trying to prioritize some mobs over other. It's a clusterfuck.
    In raid scenario, I never tab target, because chances are, it never targets your desired target and you lose a lot of time and mental health by doing that.

This is a huge problem when you need to tabtarget every time you want to deal decent AoE damage. With SEF up, SCK is as smooth as butter, but without SEF, you really need to do some extra work to make it count.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    This is a huge problem when you need to tabtarget every time you want to deal decent AoE damage. With SEF up, SCK is as smooth as butter, but without SEF, you really need to do some extra work to make it count.
    I don't think that is a huge problem, its more so a limiting factor to SCK AOE w/o SEF up. You can easily tab-target 3-4 targets, 5 is so-so, anything more is pain in the ass. I honestly have zero problem to tab-target 3-4-5 Iskar adds with rend as an Arms warrior, monk have more limiting factor with energy regen, but it is still not a problem for 3-4 targets. But with SEF up monk just wrecks. In a Broken Shore scenario Stage 9 it reached 22 stacks on SCK and it WRECKED like a fucking train. I somehow always started 2 previous expansions on my monk, but rerolled everytime, since i somehow don't enjoy managing SEF at all, and i hate monk solo target problems because of SEF balancing. With new SEF, and thing i've seen in latest Alpha build i somehow LOVED new monk, i'm considering to starting expansion on my monk again, at least if they don't make DH w/o Momentum viable in Mythic raiding.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2016-04-24 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iDielord View Post
    I don't think that is a huge problem, its more so a limiting factor to SCK AOE w/o SEF up. You can easily tab-target 3-4 targets, 5 is so-so, anything more is pain in the ass. I honestly have zero problem to tab-target 3-4-5 Iskar adds with rend as an Arms warrior, monk have more limiting factor with energy regen, but it is still not a problem for 3-4 targets. But with SEF up monk just wrecks.
    As I said previously, I don't mind if blizzard keeps tab-targeting to classes like arms warriors, rogues, warlocks or bala druids, it's just really out of place in WW.
    I hope there will be some cap on how many targets you cap. Either hard cap, or some theorycraft cap.
    SEF + SCK is fine, but you have to remember SEF is a 90s cooldown with two charges (so 45s basicly) and if you are doing AoE more frequently than that, you relying on tab-targeting and squeezing abilities into GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    How s increased healing on drain life useless? It's pretty obvious that it's there in times you need to heal yourself. It's RELIABLE.

WW get to waste 3 points for a 9% increased chance to not be 1-2 shot by a boss or mob the tank should be holding instead of letting hit people. You can't dodge aoe damage auras, you can't dodge automated physical damage from a boss's mechanics.

Light on Your Feet is absolute, unmitigated trash that belongs in the Brewmaster artifact, not ours.
    Fire mages have one that gives you a free pyroblast for casting 6 scorched in a row.

Outlaw gets one that gives you energy when you parry with riposte up (another amazing raid talent)

Mut gets 2 seconds of evasion from shadowstep
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Fire mages have one that gives you a free pyroblast for casting 6 scorched in a row.

Outlaw gets one that gives you energy when you parry with riposte up (another amazing raid talent)

All of which are better than a 9% increased dodge chance? I mean, you just gave talents with fairly reliable results. They may not even function in a raid, but in other settings they're still miles ahead of a 9% increased dodge chance.

Which doesn't even address your ridiculous idea that just because other specs have shit artifact talents, we should be content with ours.

2charges on a 90sec cd ability is by no means comparable to 45sec cd:/ at least not on progress fight lengths.

Deleted

Uses a aspect of the other side< > and another from this side.

Really illuminati does not exists some things don't have CONNECTIONSSSS

Deleted
    Can anyone bring me up to speed with the changes? What happened to Tigereye Brew? I can't find it in my spellbook or talents anywhere, and I can't see that anything would be replacing it either. Yet, there's some artifact talents that buff it. What's up?

Also, how does Serenity compare with the SEF that is default?

TEB - was merged with SEF, which is now our only cooldown(15s duration, 1.5min cd), used for both ST and AoE(but more potent on AoE became it has synergy with the new version of SCK, which gets stronger the more unique targets you or your clones hit with rsk/bok/tp in the 15seconds before SCK). Clones got considerable AI improvements and now apart from running to weird locations/improper facing while using directional AoE, they are working quite well, and will also attack your main target obviously. Bug that will probably get fixed soon: they still don't copy Strike of the Windlord(our artifact talent), so use that before SEF and not during it.

Serenity is unplayable. Apart from the fact that it doesn't mechanically work(it doesn't affect RSK cooldown), it is also far too weak in comparison to SEF considering it has one charge. They will probably tune it up sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    All of which are better than a 9% increased dodge chance? I mean, you just gave talents with fairly reliable results. They may not even function in a raid, but in other settings they're still miles ahead of a 9% increased dodge chance.

Which doesn't even address your ridiculous idea that just because other specs have shit artifact talents, we should be content with ours.
    In the end the pure throughput ones don't matter, arguably a 9% dodge chance is better than 5% damage to BoK or something because at least 9% dodge helps in questing and soloing. Our damage will be tuned regardless of artifact traits.

The only ones that really matter are the ones that are QoL or slightly change gameplay. Like extra energy, death art, ToK healing, etc. that's where the comparisons should be. And I'd put monk middle of the road there. Death art and ToK healing have niche uses and extra energy is just straight up nice.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2016-04-26 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted

The only ones that really matter are the ones that are QoL or slightly change gameplay. Like extra energy, death art, ToK healing, etc. that's where the comparisons should be. And I'd put monk middle of the road there. Death art and ToK healing have niche uses and extra energy is just straight up nice.
    I am most worried about Gale Burst, I think it's gonna create a pretty toxic opener scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is the day Chi Orbit dies.

Hopefully.

I just want some new talents so i can play my monk instead of having to reroll because blizzard are a bunch of world destroyers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's monk design philosophy this expansion: "Eh, fuck it. Nobody plays them anyway."

Wait, did they remove the damage buff on Tiger stance? Is that really a thing..?