Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Someone said Netherlands is preparing to remove some similar law. Is that the case for Germany? Indeed, it is highly likely that people will start removing similar law. However, ad hoc modifications to law is problematic.
    It's not really ad hoc. The law is pointless, since dignitaries enjoy the same protection against insults like any other inhabitant of Germany. The law really needs to go and the reason it still existed is because lawmakers usually don't waste time removing laws if they don't hurt anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I do not think you understand how law works. Whether Germans enforce some law or not (due to tradition, to uphold various values, etc.) is irrelevant. When someone goes to court referring to that particular law, judges aren't allowed to not to enforce the law. The best option is to change it and that is not even remotely related with reducing the "workload".
    Are you two arguing the same? I think you are. You two may want to read each other's posts more thoroughly.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    To be fair, not many understand Dutch law, its why we have lawyers.
    But we got god knows how many laws that are not enforced or you can get away with a warning, a judge does not always have to come in.

Nobody has been fined for insulting a foreign state of head sincde 1968, and I have no idea when the last time was when somebody got fined for insulting our queen/king. Well, got fined and not get it overturned, to be more clear.
    Weed is illegal, but cops won't do anything if you carry less than 5gram. Piracy has recently been outlawed because of european pressure, but a police statement they already said they won't enforce it on the downloaders, only those who upload the files.

Riding your bike on the pavement is against the law, but you'll probably get away with a verbal warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If by mission accomplished you mean the "Mission to remove laws that could protect Erdogan's megalomania" then yes, probably mission accomplished. :P
    God bless democracy.
    Or is it only democracy when Erdogan gets voted in?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    God bless democracy.
    Or is it only democracy when Erdogan gets voted in?
    Well, as much as we ridicule him, he did actually get elected. I mean, watch Putin's elections if you want to have a laugh...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as much as we ridicule him, he did actually get elected. I mean, watch Putin's elections if you want to have a laugh...
    Ye true. Although he only got 50% after re-elections. Makes me wonder why so many people changed votes.

Deleted
    Bend over Europe bend over.

Maybe this is a step in the right direction. I can't say anything at all anymore without someone else saying "Where's your fucking proof." and then everyone shuts me down.

The criminal justice system punishing people without proof is a natural ending to freedom of speech at this point.

This is exacerbated by the fact that all proof, including absolutely scientifically documented measurements in a set of data, is only what everyone agrees upon when seeing said data. So you really just have to agree with everyone or go to jail until you agree with everyone.

For the record, I would have rather gone the other 180 degree way, where people dumb enough to kill themselves over being bullied would have been weeded out and laughed at posthumously, except in cases where serious amounts of drugs were found in the system, or perhaps evidence of drugs that would have metabolized too fast to later detect being near the deceased, and the epic experience of every individual would have had a value instead of being trivialized by the scientific "facts" of the majority of humanity.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2016-04-23 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    Maybe this is a step in the right direction. I can't say anything at all anymore without someone else saying "Where's your fucking proof." and then everyone shuts me down.

The criminal justice system punishing people without proof is a natural ending to freedom of speech at this point.
    I think you missed the part where nobody will be punished here for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Bend over Europe bend over.
    Sorry, but we are not going along with Erdogan on this, as much as some people would love to see that.

Deleted
    I think you missed the part where nobody will be punished here for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but we are not going along with Erdogan on this, as much as some people would love to see that.
    But Germany is already on their knees, don't you wanna join them?

Ok, I'm in a funny mood tonight. I'll bite. How's Germany on its knees. Explain that to me.

Muslims make Europe more pleasant.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are saying a country that follows its rules and puts a complaint through normal procedures is being weak, you are aware of that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You really got a fetish for European countries suffering, eh?
    Which was more fun, WWI or WWII?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You are saying a country that follows its rules and puts a complaint through normal procedures is being weak, you are aware of that right?
    It was up to the goverment to decide if they should register the complaint or not. They did so they've shown their weakness.

- - - Updated - - -

You really got a fetish for European countries suffering, eh?
    Which was more fun, WWI or WWII?
    Nah WWIII will be the most fun of them all. Funny enough, the previous two wars were started by Germany and now they are likely to start 3rd one with their open door policy. How funny is that, history didn't teach us a thing didn't it.

It was up to the goverment to decide if they should register the complaint or not. They did so they've shown their weakness.
    "We don't usually deal with this shit, let the lawyers handle it..."

Weakness.

Nope, those two don't fit together...

- - - Updated - - -

Nah WWIII will be the most fun of them all. Funny enough, the previous two wars were started by Germany and now they are likely to start 3rd one with their open door policy. How funny is that, history didn't teach us a thing didn't it.
    I'm going to join in on the fun: Russia is starting WW4, ha, there! See what I did there? Logic!

10+ Year Old Account
    "We don't usually deal with this shit, let the lawyers handle it..."

Weakness.

Nope, those two don't fit together...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to join in on the fun: Russia is starting WW4, ha, there! See what I did there? Logic!
    The Dutch will start WWV, calling it now.

The Dutch will start WWV, calling it now.
    Oooh, feeling royal, aren't we. Adding a fancy roman numeral there, like the royals do. How posh! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And what do we call a government that nitpicks which rules it wants to follow?

A corrupt one. A government that faces its accuser based on the rules it set up, that is strong not weak. It is far easier to not continue on this, the media however likes to display this as some sort of face off between Merkel and Erdogan while all it really is a country following its rules. As pointed out before the comedian in question did this with the intend for these rules to be exposed and to actually follow up.

Erdogan will still start throwing his toys around again when he realizes that this case won't get far and at most the person will get fined such a minor amount. Now if germany dismissed the case that would have been a whole lot more like Erdogan style of leadership, which is what i get you are in favor off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if they chose to not file a complaint - which they didn't, they only authorized prosecution - Erdogan was a little quicker. Thanks to old laws. It is very unlikely he will see a quick win anyway. It's more likely that it will be dropped within the next years. I said years because it's not going to be a quick trial and with the law being history by beginning of the parliamentary summer break his victory will hinge on what courts including the federal courts decide over what boundaries satire should have, if any.

It's even more funny when you find out that history has never taught anyone and has a track record of being mankind's worst teacher overall. That said war-preaching is a fetish of those who'd like to see war as a form of "told you so!". It is not so distant from those wishing for a global nuclear war, basically as a form of saying "I knew it!".
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an email address that I can use to send some words to Erdogan and tell him to grow some fucking balls and stop being a little fucking crybaby?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Bwahahaha...

Bullshit. Every single politician and every businessleader brought them here and kept them here. Cheap labour.

Stop trying to shift the blame to 'leftists'. No, it's your wonderful 'capitalism' that is at the root of all the things you consider evil.
    So edgy, so 13.