Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it has both. just like winter soldier.

bucky is super dark.

i mean, can you even imagine what its like coming to terms with the fact youve been forced to kill god knows how many people and almost murdered your best friend?

civil war is gonna make you laugh, then its gonna make you cry
    You sound like you've already seen the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    You sound like you've already seen the movie.
    some people were invited to see the movie not too long ago
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    More importantly the Marvel movies that are darker in tone say winter soldier are actually done well. Just because the movie is serious doesn't mean it can't be fun.
    You know, half the problem with it is that a "dark tone" Marvel movie still has... daylight. There's colors to outfits, people speak. DC, whether I like the movie or not, just can't figure out how to do "dark tone" without "so fucking visually dark you can't see stuff, no one is allowed anything brighter than dark blue/dark red, and if Superman is supposed to speak, replace that with a grim stare instead".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You know, half the problem with it is that a "dark tone" Marvel movie still has... daylight. There's colors to outfits, people speak. DC, whether I like the movie or not, just can't figure out how to do "dark tone" without "so fucking visually dark you can't see stuff, no one is allowed anything brighter than dark blue/dark red, and if Superman is supposed to speak, replace that with a grim stare instead".
    and yet it still cost them a kajillion fuckin dollars.

HOW?? HOW CAN THAT COST THAT MUCH MONEY WHEN ITS ALMOST ALL AT NIGHT TIME????

makes no sense
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

makes no sense
    "We had to build special cameras to film at night, the darkness needed to be in super high definition"

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    His name was Phil.
    His name was Philip Coulson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    A week after you've seen it, it won't generate near the amount of conversation BvS has, because it'll be mindless and tied up in a nice little bow.
    LOL the DC fanboy is showing.

CW wont have the controversy because it will be widely accepted as a good and fun movie, while BvS is a bloated overlong poorly edited mess with an army of fanboys out in force trying to convince us and maybe themselves that its something more than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Jared's a good actor. I'm sure he'll do alright.

The wave that hops on Ledger's dick, though, needs to die. He wouldn't have gotten half the attention, had he not died. The REAL Joker will always be Mark Hamill.
    Yeh this is just wrong, dead or not, Ledger NAILED the Joker.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    The last good Marvel movie I saw was Iron Man 1...it has character depth and development, humor, action, plot and even a good villain (nothing over the top).

Ever since Iron Man 2 and everything that followed half the Marvel movies are just the same rehashed bullshit over and over with more holoscreens, unrealistic character development, unneeded drama, characters that are introduced and forgotten for the sake of the Avengers and above all the villains are so incredible dull and boring.

In general I'm not a superhero fan, I think aside from Iron Man 1 and now BvS the only superhero movies I enjoyed was the original spiderman trilogy (well, take Spiderman 3 with a grain of salt).

I honestly don't get how anyone could get hyped about any Marvel movie, they are mediocre at best...from literally every aspect going from story to acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yes, Heath Ledger gave an amazing performance as the Joker, forever raising the bar for actors that portray villains in Comic Book related movies. However, that doesn't mean someone can't do equally as well or better.

From what I've seen in the trailers, Leto looks promising as the Joker. But no one should try and compare how well Leto does to matching Ledgers' performance, since he and the director aren't going for Nolans' joker.
    I by no means meant to suggest other wise.

And frankly remove the tattoos and take out the over hyped way they are marketing this Joker and I think every one would have a much better taste in their mouth.

The tattoos flat out ruin it for a LOT of people, myself included. He may nail the performance 100% and blow my nips off, but nothing can make me think all those shit tats are in any way suiting the Joker, Clown Prince of Crime.

Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    I don't know if I would call that dark, more like emotional I guess. I'm definitely gonna watch it, but whether it's "dark" or not has no bearing on that. I actually like the more funny and light-hearted way Marvel is doing their movies.
    They were never like brothers, not in the comics nor the movies. Heck I dare say Stark's dad was closer emotionally. ("“That's the guy my dad never shut up about? Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice.")

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They were never like brothers, not in the comics nor the movies. Heck I dare say Stark's dad was closer emotionally. ("“That's the guy my dad never shut up about? Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice.")
    I never said they were like brothers. In the movies it always seemed like they didn't even like each other.

10+ Year Old Account

makes no sense
    Deadpool a movie with maybe a quarter of the budget and even that small amount was cut during filming was so vastly fucking superior to b vs s it's not even funny. All that money and talent gone to waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

CW wont have the controversy because it will be widely accepted as a good and fun movie, while BvS is a bloated overlong poorly edited mess with an army of fanboys out in force trying to convince us and maybe themselves that its something more than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

B vs s is still being talked about for sure. About how fucking awful it was. Not cause people are excited for the dccu but because it was a garbage film and a handful of butt hurt fan boys can't bring themselves to it. Look I like dc comics as well and theirs a host of really good dc content made. The animated dc universe is so fucking good and has been for years. Some of the best cartoons come from DC in the 90s. Batman and Superman and the justice League. Even the more recent stuff is really good. I totally dug justice League war. That was great. Batman versus superman is just fuckong awful. It's not anti dc, it's not a crusade, the movie just wasn't very good and by and large the Marvel films have been better. Not perfect but more fun more entertaining.

CW will be a better film than batman versus superman. I don't think that's up for question. Will it be the best comic film of the year? Will it be better than deadpool? Or xmen? Or suicide squad? More broadly how will dc respond?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

civil war is the best marvel film. hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Deadpool a movie with maybe a quarter of the budget and even that small amount was cut during filming was so vastly fucking superior to b vs s it's not even funny. All that money and talent gone to waste.
    I don't know what AntMan's budget was either, but I thought Antman and Deadpool (while obviously different) were some of the most fun movies in a long time. Winter Soldier is probably my favorite, but in a totally different way.

B vs s is still being talked about for sure. About how fucking awful it was.
    Granted I don't engage on the subject very much, but I haven't seen any fanboys defending the film very much. Most of the DC guys are ripping it to pieces.
    Look I like dc comics as well and theirs a host of really good dc content made. The animated dc universe is so fucking good and has been for years. Some of the best cartoons come from DC in the 90s. Batman and Superman and the justice League. Even the more recent stuff is really good. I totally dug justice League war. That was great. Batman versus superman is just fuckong awful. It's not anti dc, it's not a crusade, the movie just wasn't very good and by and large the Marvel films have been better. Not perfect but more fun more entertaining.
    I"m not a DC Comic fan, never read any growing up, and I liked the movie. It certainly had huge obvious flaws (I could forgive most if Eisenberg was absent from the film), but was good. Not in my top 5 comic movies, but I don't really care what it could have been or should have been, or how it's the lead off to a new cinematic universe.

CW will be a better film than batman versus superman. I don't think that's up for question. Will it be the best comic film of the year? Will it be better than deadpool? Or xmen? Or suicide squad? More broadly how will dc respond?
    I think the best thing about BvS is that it didn't live up to their expectations, but they are still moving forward with the universe. Like the Hulk movie that is part of the MCU but is not, this will lead to a refinement and hopefully they'll notice that the direction and leadership they had are not the right way and improve the situation going forward.

CW will be good, I'm sure, but the hype is getting a little too crazy for me. As I said above, different movies shouldn't be lumped in together, like they're all competing for your dollar. BvS's poor performance won't result in CW or Rogue1 or any of them getting more money, and I really wish the fandom was more encouraging instead of competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's alot man because ant man, avengers, gotg were all fucking amazing movies. I'm stoked for Civil war and if it's better than all those movies... God damn dude. Phase 3 is gonna be so good
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Yes, because you've already seen the movie.../s

10+ Year Old Account
    Would not surprise me. Marvel has been screening it for select audiences.
    The hammer comes down:

I dont know, Immitis seems to be somewhat of an insider, he has had some decent scoops. I think he may have seen it, lots of folks have, just not general audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I dont know, Immitis seems to be somewhat of an insider, he has had some decent scoops. I think he may have seen it, lots of folks have, just not general audiences.
    Yeah, I've seen his "scoops" and traced them back to the websites he reads...and then he pretends to make accurate guesses here.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've seen his "scoops" and traced them back to the websites he reads...and then he pretends to make accurate guesses here.
    He always openly says when he gets info from Umberto and advertises the guy, including with links. I'm not sure where you are 'tracking' down stuff as he just puts it out there. Aside from that, I believe he's alluded to the fact he's an actor so he may just know some people that can get him to a screening. It's really not some super secretive world...you just have to know anyone involved. That could be like...the bagel boy. Maybe he is the bagel boy, idk.
    BAD WOLF

all the flavors in the world and you choose to be salty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    He always openly says when he gets info from Umberto and advertises the guy, including with links. I'm not sure where you are 'tracking' down stuff as he just puts it out there. Aside from that, I believe he's alluded to the fact he's an actor so he may just know some people that can get him to a screening. It's really not some super secretive world...you just have to know anyone involved. That could be like...the bagel boy. Maybe he is the bagel boy, idk.
    you dont even have to know people alot of the time to get into screenings, theres places you can sign up for stuff to get into test screenings and whatnot for movies.