Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its the huge character change that people dont like. I liked old Jaina, but not so much the new.

sylvanas has always been bitchy since WC3 after she became undead.
    jaina's character on the other hand has been butchered and constantly goes back in forth, between level headed and warmonger stupid.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Sylvanas shows more skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Sylvanas shows more skin.
    Now its just more arm :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Horde likes Sylvanas - Alliance hate Sylvanas
    Horde hates Jaina - Alliance loves Jaina

Its like we had with Garrosh aswell.
    Horde liked Garrosh - Alliance hate Garrosh
    could we stop with this shit?
    "you are on ally, so you automatically hate every horde member!"
    "you are a hordie, you automatically hate every alliance member!"

- - - Updated - - -

OT: that's sylvanas' character, she is supposed to be like that.
    jaina on the other hand, they turned her 180°, she became a crazy bitch.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    What was there to hate, he was leading us against the Lich King in WotlK with succes, and he was securing the land of Kalimdor in Cata and turned all settlements into strongholds with ironwalls to secure the ppl that lived in those zones. He even removed the biggest threat and source of the barrens destruction in Cata by removing Theramore.
    If you did not like his actions in those exp. pack then i wonder what you even like about the Horde faction at all.

MoP Blizzard had set there minds on Garrosh going crazy so we dont count that exp. pack.
    He was leading like an idiot in WotLK.
    He lead to conflicts that several of the other Horde races didn't approve of ... he was racist. Some of his first actions as Warchief. Also, Theramore was bombed as part of his desire to control all of Kalimdor ... not to make people safer. Outside of Ogrimmar, what zone did he really make safer?

I knew in Cata, Garrosh was going to lead to a Horde Civil War ... MoP wasn't where he went crazy, he was crazy in Wrath ... he was always crazy.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because for a past 2 expansions jaina behaves like she has a really painful period 24/7 and like its someone else fault.

I play horde and I like Jaina, I just like Sylvanas more lol.

A large part of it is that we already have a Sylvanas (in fact, we have many characters like that among the Alliance and Horde), whereas Jaina was much more unique and interesting by comparison. Turning her into a carbon copy of every other angry warmonger in the game was not a great way to improve the central cast of faction leaders or stimulate compelling conflict in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    He was leading like an idiot in WotLK.
    He lead to conflicts that several of the other Horde races didn't approve of ... he was racist. Some of his first actions as Warchief. Also, Theramore was bombed as part of his desire to control all of Kalimdor ... not to make people safer. Outside of Ogrimmar, what zone did he really make safer?

I knew in Cata, Garrosh was going to lead to a Horde Civil War ... MoP wasn't where he went crazy, he was crazy in Wrath ... he was always crazy.
    almost got the horde PC killed but everyone forgets that.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Mage first believes Orcs are indeed savages before realizing they're not so bad, she even puts her father's life in front of her ideals. She funds the Horde for years and even is friends with the Warchief of the Horde.

Mage then gets bombarded and sieged by the new Warchief of the Horde, many of her friends have been brutually killed included her apprentice and bodyguard. Mage breaks and grows a backbone. She distrusts the Horde, to an extent.

She regains some trust after getting advised by her surrogate nephew Anduin before getting betrayed again by the Horde. Mage snaps and realizes she won't take anymore BS from the Horde and removes them from city before another Theramore happens.

but when sylvanas expresses her backbone against the Alliance, its suddenly sexy and rational? they're both great characters, i dont see the hate for jaina.
    There is nothing wrong with Jaina getting a backbone, hell, it gives her a great character feature How she reacts on that backbone is great and at the same time, pretty evil. She kills some of her own mages, in her own city and she does it with furious anger and with little proof.

If Jaina had lead an army in battle, i would have enjoyed that more, then when she just went and attacked the sunreavers in their own city. She is supposed to be better then Sylvanas, yet she does something which is very much against the laws of the alliance. Her actions are believeable and its a great to have her as a bad person. Sylvanas actions just fit her character more, which is why i love to see her in action.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Also of note is the consistency of the character's motives and development.

Sylvanas: She was only fueled by vengeance and used the forsaken to fulfill it, and they went along because pretty much everyone was on the same boat right there. Then holy shit Arthas died, what now, and Sylvanas realized she would not even have the peace of death, so she's now scared of dying so she'll do whatever she can to prevent that. She would probably sacrifice every last one of the forsaken to do so at the beginning of this, but with time it actually seems she does really care, to the point of "would Sylvanas sacrifice herself for the forsaken" is a good question. She'll still sacrifice a bunch of them. She has nuance and complexity (and a bit of plot armor too)

Jaina: I applaud the idea of making her into a radical antagonist of the horde, but the execution has been the worst. They have given her many reasons why she should hate them, very valid reasons, yet they chose to portray her adversity as an emotional fallout rather than the ideological disillusionment it should have been. Jaina was an idealist, so she should have developed into a cynical given the circumstances, so that she has turned into a over-emotional, spiteful and bigoted mess doesn't make any sense. She should be cold as ice at this point, not acting out of emotion; she should pity Anduin's naivete, not say "FOOL! YOU'LL SEE THE TRUTH" and throw a smoke grenade.

Because that's the thing, "Dismantle the Horde" should not be an emotional, spiteful statement. Jaina, the Jaina we have seen since War3 would try to rationalize the shit out of it, cause she does have a point.

Because Sylvanas has always been like that.

But Jaina is just bad writing. I hate the bad writing.

Deleted
    Mage first believes Orcs are indeed savages before realizing they're not so bad, she even puts her father's life in front of her ideals. She funds the Horde for years and even is friends with the Warchief of the Horde.

Mage then gets bombarded and sieged by the new Warchief of the Horde, many of her friends have been brutually killed included her apprentice and bodyguard. Mage breaks and grows a backbone. She distrusts the Horde, to an extent.

She regains some trust after getting advised by her surrogate nephew Anduin before getting betrayed again by the Horde. Mage snaps and realizes she won't take anymore BS from the Horde and removes them from city before another Theramore happens.

but when sylvanas expresses her backbone against the Alliance, its suddenly sexy and rational? they're both great characters, i dont see the hate for jaina.
    Jaina goes through a major rewrite every six months... She suffers from the same problem garrosh had. She simply isn't allowed to build any character in favor of being made into a object to push the story along rather then a character.
    Last edited by mmocfbfc1d4dc9; 2016-04-23 at 09:58 PM.

If Jaina hadn't wanted Theramore to be targeted by the Horde, she shouldn't have gotten it involved in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    sylvanas has always been bitchy since WC3 after she became undead.
    jaina's character on the other hand has been butchered and constantly goes back in forth, between level headed and warmonger stupid.
    This pretty much. Though it can be simply explained now since we all know the current Jaina is a dreadlord, the one we knew died during WotLK after her model "revamp".

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Don't you mean X360?

Thrall should have died at the end of Mists.
    Sylvanas should have died at the end of Wrath.
    Malfurion and Tyrande should die at the end of LGN.
    Jaina should die whenever we go to Kul Tiras.

We need new characters and new stories; otherwise, the game becomes a dull rehash for each expansion with artificial nonsense, e.g. Thrall killing Garrosh or Thrall getting married.

Horde likes Sylvanas - Alliance hate Sylvanas
    Horde hates Jaina - Alliance loves Jaina

Its like we had with Garrosh aswell.
    Horde liked Garrosh - Alliance hate Garrosh
    (The Alliance won in this case because we all saw what blizzard did with him we all think when we flame the most about either Sylvanas or Jaina blizzard will take a side in the future and will make 1 into a raid boss, i would love a Alliance raid for once and Jaina as a boss because we never had that in WoW)
    Reverse. Horde liked Garrosh until they got wind that payback was coming. Then they hated him.

To be fair though Garrosh did receive a lot of hate even from Horde when it was known that he was taking over from Thrall.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    Don't you mean X360?