10+ Year Old Account

Question Worth buying a few G&G Packs for certain Legendary?

I'm pretty close to the 40 pack pity timer in G&G packs and I haven't opened a single G&G Legendary yet. I only have Dr. Boom which was crafted.

Is it worth it to buy a few G&G packs (probably around 5) before the expansion for a certain Legendary? After the expansion they can only be crafted.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, this seems like something you should be deciding? Are you going to play Wild or Standard?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

IMO yes, I did precisely this until I hit my pity Legendary for GvG. I think it's worth it from a dust perspective even if you have no plan of keeping your GvG cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Which legendary is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    OK I went ahead and started buying some G&G packs knowing it would take 10 packs max before finding a Legendary, probably less.

First pack nothing - Two Rares.

Second pack - Mimiron's Head and a Junk Bot.

Almost 600 Dust for 200 gold, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Which legendary is that?
    Certain as in definite/assured.

You'd probably get more dust from getting classic packs and hoping to snag one of the cards they are nerfing.

I got a gold BGH the other day, that's 1600 dust come next tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You'd probably get more dust from getting classic packs and hoping to snag one of the cards they are nerfing.

I got Ancient of Lore and Master of Disguise in a single pack and thought I was lucky with that.

Either way, yeah definitely worth stocking up on those cards now that we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I got Ancient of Lore and Master of Disguise in a single pack and thought I was lucky with that.

Either way, yeah definitely worth stocking up on those cards now that we know.
    Yes but hardly worth buying classic packs for the soul purpose of trying to get those cards. It's what.. 12 cards out of around 350? However if you do plan on buying more classic packs in the near future you might as well get them now because of that extra dust value, albeit very slight value in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

The point is to buy GvG packs if you are near 40 packs in that set without any Legendaries yet. Nice BGH though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the same thing and bought packs until I got my legendary. (Un)fortunately for me, it was a second golden Dr. Boom.

Now, do I dust him or do I just never use the auto-disenchant button again in the hope that at some point in the distant future, he gets nerfed.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    Now, do I dust him or do I just never use the auto-disenchant button again in the hope that at some point in the distant future, he gets nerfed.
    If it were me I'd dust it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Yes but hardly worth buying classic packs for the soul purpose of trying to get those cards. It's what.. 12 cards out of around 350? However if you do plan on buying more classic packs in the near future you might as well get them now because of that extra dust value, albeit very slight value in the next few days.
    Didn't say that. I said it's worth stocking those cards specifically, as in don't use the auto disenchant button.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    I thought the same thing and bought packs until I got my legendary. (Un)fortunately for me, it was a second golden Dr. Boom.

Since GvG will be moved to Wild only, I don't think any cards from that set will see changes. I think Blizzard will leave that format to itself. If you look at the cards that have just been nerfed, the focus has been on the classic set, cards that are available for standard. So I'd say it's pretty safe to disenchant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Didn't say that. I said it's worth stocking those cards specifically, as in don't use the auto disenchant button.
    That's why I agreed with you and then said 'but' as in describing something else that the previous poster insinuated that you quoted and partially agreed with when you said 'Yeah' to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    OK I went ahead and started buying some G&G packs knowing it would take 10 packs max before finding a Legendary, probably less.

First pack nothing - Two Rares.

Second pack - Mimiron's Head and a Junk Bot.

Almost 600 Dust for 200 gold, not bad.
    It is good to know the pity time is real.
    I wish I keep track, but I will uninstall if I don't get a legend in 39 packs.

The pity time I am looking at is the golden legendary.
    Don't know if it is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I wish I keep track, but I will uninstall if I don't get a legend in 39 packs.
    I didn't keep track either I just made an guesstimate based on the cards I already had and knowing I had already disenchanted many duplicates.

You will get a Legendary in any 40 pack window within the same set, if you don't you will be the first not to. All it needs is evidence of one counter-example from anyone to disprove the theory and no one has ever done it.

My average is 1 legendary every 23 packs.
    There is no way it will reach 40 packs.

That is still higher than the 1 legendary every 20 packs.

The biggest complain is no golden legendary after open 350 packs.
    That is mixed with TGT and GvG.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The pity time I am looking at is the golden legendary.
    Don't know if it is real.
    I don't think so. You get luck protection on it being legendary but AFAIK goldens are just a fixed percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.