Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So are they gonna tell us how many raid tiers this time

It's near release shouldn't we know by now because to hell with it if it's 2 again. Unless it's 2 tiers that last a year and then 6 months later xpac but meh unlikely.

Until they say otherwise we should assume its only 2 tiers for "quicker releases"

Seems like they are going towards the WoD model, one at launch and the a couple months later release one and then Final boss raid.

Assume the worst... its just easier that way...

They would, but it'd cost us a raid tier.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's near release shouldn't we know by now because to hell with it if it's 2 again. Unless it's 2 tiers that last a year and then 6 months later xpac but meh unlikely.
    Can't say yet. I think I read somewhere, that they said it's going back to 3 Tiers and basically only the first tier is dealt with WoD-Style (2 Raids, staggered, but count as one "Tier"). But I sadly can't pinpoint the Source atm, so that kind of negates the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I chuckled a bit. But yeah if it's 2 I ain't bothering. WoW is all about raiding for me and WoD's model was crap.

Legion will be the first true yearly expansion!

In a more serious note, expect the worse. This model is working out for them, in terms of profits, so one shouldn't expect them to change to a "more effort"-type of plan if it won't bring the profit to match the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Legion will be the first true yearly expansion!

In a more serious note, expect the worse. This model is working out for them, in terms of profits, so one shouldn't expect them to change to a "more effort"-type of plan if it won't bring the profit to match the effort.
    Just barely though. They need to accept that they suck at trying yearly expansions.

Just barely though. They need to accept that they suck at trying yearly expansions.
    Totally agree. Unless their idea of "Yearly expansions" are expansions that get content-support for a year, then a year of content drought until the next expansion.. Which seems very unlikely.

I still believe they will keep WoD model though; In terms of updates. Perhaps with (and being very generous and positive) a smaller content drought at the end.

I would love about 3 or 4 raid tiers this expac. I know that's putting a lot of hope out there. However, even they don't do 4 raid tiers, I wouldn't say no to a raid tier, then a patch to add a new dungeon or two, then the next patch be a raid patch, rinse repeat a couple times. Sadly, I think the days of adding dungeons throughout is at an end. They'll probably have the two raids ready to go at launch (give or take a few weeks), then 7.1 have another raid or something. 7.2 they'll probably introduce Raid Finder Classic Raids (taking a note from LFR Molten Core) to where the bosses will drop updated gear (that's non class restrictive). People will eat it up as "new content" 7.3 be the final raid patch.

I dunno, maybe we will be pleasantly surprised? But I kind of doubt it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they admit that they weren't happy with the 2 tier system in WoD and wanted to go back to doing 3 or more?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Didn't they admit that they weren't happy with the 2 tier system in WoD and wanted to go back to doing 3 or more?
    Did they say that? All I heard was that they thought it was a mistake to call the garrison update a full patch.

I was under the impression that WoD was cut short because of the change in plot, wanting to change the constant orc focus.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Pretty much the best way to look at Blizzard now-a-days. Their "not really a promise" comment of "We want faster releases so that's why you got fewer raid tiers." didn't really pan out. Considering the teams were fully established this time around, it's pretty inexcusable, not that their excuse of "it was hard to integrate" justified the abomination of an expansion that WoD is.

We'll get the usual one for launch, then one will probably become available shortly after launch (That was already in the files just not available), then a small nonsense patch with maybe a few little things, then finally the last raid tier patch followed up by another year plus "faster release" lull.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Did they say that? All I heard was that they thought it was a mistake to call the garrison update a full patch.
    SELFIE update they called a full patch, which it wasn't. So really, with WoD all we got was one patch, with just as long of a wait time as ever and next to nothing in terms of any content. WoD was, hands down, the most bare expansion to date, and frankly, Legion doesn't exactly look like it's starting with much more. Unless Legion has some major patches, I think it's safe to say Blizzard isn't using WoW as their flagship anymore, and we can safely expect garbage from here on out.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-04-24 at 03:26 AM.

The worst would be 1, that will never happen.
    2 is what we will get.

3 would be NICE, but I think I'd rather 2 if the final one is going to be a year long.
    If they are all proper length, then 3 is much preferred.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Yeah, until I see something talking about testing or real work being done on new content I now assume whatever we have is all we are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Schrödinger's raid tier. It is both alive and dead.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    We'll get the usual one for launch, then one will probably become available shortly after launch (That was already in the files just not available)
    The fact that you are insulting the pattern when making a clueless comment like this is a great example of how this community is what's ruining the game just as much as Blizzard's poor guidance.

That raid that will "probably become available shortly after launch" is planned this way. Its not "in the files just not available." Its intentional, just like in WoD. Its being testing right now, which you would know if you read the main page of this website.
    They aren't separate tiers, they are simply two raids part of the same tier, which will equal 17 bosses, the most in any raid tier.

But yes, I do agree. 6.1 was a complete joke.
    It did add some nice achievements, but no content paths or expansion of content paths whatsoever like 5.1 and 5.3 did.
    That's a BIG issue.

Luckily, 7.0 will contain more content than all of WoD's few patches put together so as long as they make a somewhat decent patch out of 7.1 there will be nothing to complain about while waiting for 7.2 as likely the final raid.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I chuckled a bit. But yeah if it's 2 I ain't bothering. WoW is all about raiding for me and WoD's model was crap.
    They failed at quality and quantity in WoD. Failing on one isn't something players want from Blizzard. Failing on both isn't something players want from anybody.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."