glad they're getting back on track after how bad diadem and LoV turned out.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Unless they balance it for each individual job and tailor mechanics to each jobs abilities: Don't count on it being super hard to do when solo.
    Or give each Job/Class extra abilities to even out their capabilities ... but that is a conversation for another time. :P

I don't think this game can afford any more group content though. Dungeon queues are fast approaching hell for DPS players - I'm reluctant to even do leveling dungeons for 5 lore as I feel I deriving some poor leveling player from getting his MSQ completed / getting XP.

Then there are the Sea of Cloud airship missions ... I have a ticket in my retainers bags ... haven't managed to spend it. The queues are always like 4 hours long ...
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-24 at 01:15 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You must really hate BoP gear too I take it ... it's after all something every players has to earn for themselves and there is no way for others to help.
    You can help friend get that gear. They have to have the time and skill level to participate in the content, which I guess means they "earn it" but you still need groups to do the content. So having a friend with you as you do those dungeons/ raids whatever doesn't bypass the requirement of having to complete that content, you were still helping them earn the reward they get from it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You can help friend get that gear. They have to have the time and skill level to participate in the content, which I guess means they "earn it" but you still need groups to do the content. So having a friend with you as you do those dungeons/ raids whatever doesn't bypass the requirement of having to complete that content, you were still helping them earn the reward they get from it.
    Exactly, you can still help your friend with your connections and your domain knowledge (which I believe is the way most people would prefer you help your newcomer friends; "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." and all.).
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Or give each Job/Class extra abilities to even out their capabilities ... but that is a conversation for another time. :P

I don't think this game can afford any more group content though. Dungeon queues are fast approaching hell for DPS players - I'm reluctant to even do leveling dungeons for 5 lore as I feel I deriving some poor leveling player from getting his MSQ completed / getting XP.
    You're not even really supposed to be doing the leveling roulette to get lore. Its there mostly for the esoterics... And I don't know if you knew but you only need to do the expert roulette five times a week to complete cap out entirely from that.

I have to ask though, how long is long for you? Because me and all my friends only wait around at most five minutes for the queue as solo dps. On the opposite side the average wait time for a random dungeon in WoW can at times at least be 20 minutes... this is also ignoring that the ratio of dps to tanks/healer is only 2:1 in FFXIV while its 3:1 in WoW.

Then there are the Sea of Cloud airship missions ... I have a ticket in my retainers bags ... haven't manage to spend it. The queues are always like 4 hours long ...
    That's because it was a feature that was pretty much dead on arrival. Look at Void Ark and Alexander. Are the queues long? No they're usually less than five minutes and at times they can even be instant for dps.

Oh yeah new players get priority for dungeons. It isn't an issue at all. Most of the time its pretty much instant for them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eew... I'm already having problems finding keybinds for everything.

ALT/STRG/SHIFT modifiers confuse the crap out of me. >.<

I started leveling my Summoner past 50 this week... stopped soon after.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You're not even really supposed to be doing the leveling roulette to get lore. Its there mostly for the esoterics... And I don't know if you knew but you only need to do the expert roulette five times a week to complete cap out entirely from that.

I have to ask though, how long is long for you? Because me and all my friends only wait around at most five minutes for the queue as solo dps. On the opposite side the average wait time for a random dungeon in WoW can at times at least be 20 minutes... this is also ignoring that the ratio of dps to tanks/healer is only 2:1 in FFXIV while its 3:1 in WoW.

That's because it was a feature that was pretty much dead on arrival. Look at Void Ark and Alexander. Are the queues long? No they're usually less than five minutes and at times they can even be instant for dps.

Oh yeah new players get priority for dungeons. It isn't an issue at all. Most of the time its pretty much instant for them too.
    Don't know how you are getting 5 mins as DPS. I get 20-30 mins most of the time - maybe it's the odd (if not completely random) hours I play.

If those low level players want to level via dungeons ...

- - - Updated - - -

Playing as SMN ... You don't say ...

Extra abilities aren't the only way though. Tacking on extra properties to existing abilities and equipment/materia will work too.

- - - Updated - - -

I started leveling my Summoner past 50 this week... stopped soon after.
    *pss* The trick is to click. <.< >.> <.<

Don't know how you are getting 5 mins as DPS. I get 20-30 mins most of the time - maybe it's the odd (if not completely random) hours I play.

If those low level players want to level via dungeons ...
    Those low level players have nothing to worry about as they get priority queue no matter what. Heck I just had two friends who started playing the game a month ago and when I wasn't on to help them they pretty much got into story dungeons instantly as DPS.

As far as queues I think it might be a data centre thing. I play on Cactuar which is located on Aether and everyone I know that plays there has incredibly fast queues. Heck I did Gordias on Monday (could have been Sunday) at 3AM to help my friend gear up and it was a 7-10 minute queue... as double DPS.

Those low level players have nothing to worry about as they get priority queue no matter what. Heck I just had two friends who started playing the game a month ago and when I wasn't on to help them they pretty much got into story dungeons instantly as DPS.

As far as queues I think it might be a data centre thing. I play on Cactuar which is located on Aether and everyone I know that plays there has incredibly fast queues. Heck I did Gordias on Monday (could have been Sunday) at 3AM to help my friend gear up and it was a 7-10 minute queue... as double DPS.
    yea gilgamesh and balmung are the most populated NA servers and they're on aether. queues are always quick for me too.

Exactly, you can still help your friend with your connections and your domain knowledge (which I believe is the way most people would prefer you help your newcomer friends; "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." and all.).
    Depends on how you think about it I guess. I don't see giving a friend/ newb some starter gil to be comfortable and able to keep themselves well geared throughout the leveling experience as a bad thing, so long as they use it wisely and learn their way. Doesn't really hurt anything, IMO. Handing them millions of gold to deck them out in almost BiS without them knowing wtf they're doing is a different story, which is what I think you're referring to.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Depends on how you think about it I guess. I don't see giving a friend/ newb some starter gil to be comfortable and able to keep themselves well geared throughout the leveling experience as a bad thing, so long as they use it wisely and learn their way. Doesn't really hurt anything, IMO. Handing them millions of gold to deck them out in almost BiS without them knowing wtf they're doing is a different story, which is what I think you're referring to.
    I feel the game more than provides them with enough Gil as they level. It's not like MMOs of old where you are starved of money at low levels.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/a/uxfuD
    http://imgur.com/a/BsjpB

This new deep dungeon thing sounds interesting. Need more info though.
    3.35 ... /sigh the wait ...

From what I heard it will have its own gear that doesn't function outside it (can be used as glamour though) ...

This is something I have dreamed about, at least if it turns out like I think it would, solo PVE gear. No longer will we be shackled to the needs of raiding - at least gear-wise. SE will probably use the opportunity provide by the special gear to even out player class/job capabilities, for use in the Deep Dungeons.

No need for Holy Trinity (a reasonable assumption since you can do it solo) is also welcomed - queue times really suck the fun out normal dungeons as DPS; I run them to cap Lore but that's it.

Difficulty-wise, even if it ends up like Diablo, I'm fine with that.

PS: 3.35-3.4+ exciting times for me. LOL. While waiting for 3.4 ... I wonder if Classes will be viable in Deep Dungeons - or are they so gimped that it won't work at all.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-04-25 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Fixed the link for the URL :)

No longer will we be shackled to the needs of raiding
    Not that you are already unless you're implying that this might give out the same level of gear that savage does from the deepest levels.

I wonder if Classes will be viable in Deep Dungeons - or are they so gimped that it won't work at all.
    They did say that certain levels will have "traps" or "debuffs". Not sure what they meant specifically other than that they said that a level for example might have special rules like no black magic. Not sure how that'll work out... but in my head I'm imagining an Indiana Jones style dungeon with booby traps everywhere but I know I'll be disappointed in this part .

On the bright side I do have high hopes for this system and I like that they give you the choice to do it solo or in a group. The real killer for me will be though is if its mostly a static difficulty all the way. If they do decide to use a progressive difficulty and support it with new levels down the road then I'm 100% for this. Add some nice looking glamour gear so you can be a "special snowflake" and even better. ;>

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that you are already unless you're implying that this might give out the same level of gear that savage does from the deepest levels.
    I mean game mechanics-wise. (I believe gear acquire from there won't work outside of it.)

A lot of neat stuff we can't have because it might imbalance raiding or it's mandatory for raiding and raiders just want to raid.

Different types of gear for different types of mobs. Items like traps settable by players. Potions of all sorts that can provide various types of buffs or debuffs if thrown on enemies/the ground. Materia with various effects other than flat stat increases. Etc.

If we can craft gear from mob drops, crafting will be a useful and integrated part of the game again.

Where the game will be more than DDR with dragons and more RPG-like with old staples like proper resource management - e.g. you can cheese a boss if you know it's weakness but the potions and gear to do so will not come cheap; it's our choice to "git gud" or cheese.

They did say that certain levels will have "traps" or "debuffs". Not sure what they meant specifically other than that they said that a level for example might have special rules like no black magic. Not sure how that'll work out... but in my head I'm imagining an Indiana Jones style dungeon with booby traps everywhere but I know I'll be disappointed in this part .

On the bright side I do have high hopes for this system and I like that they give you the choice to do it solo or in a group. The real killer for me will be though is if its mostly a static difficulty all the way. If they do decide to use a progressive difficulty and support it with new levels down the road then I'm 100% for this. Add some nice looking glamour gear so you can be a "special snowflake" and even better. ;>
    Let's hope they don't drop the ball like they did with Hunts ...

You're playing the wrong game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're playing the wrong game.
    Am I? We will find out in 3.35 I suppose.

Remember, we have stuff like Chocobo Racing and Triple Triad in this game ...

You are. Its actually quite selfish because what you're proposing is pretty much a fundamental change in how the game is played. What about the people who are actually playing the game because of the way it is was designed in the first place? Well I guess they can literally fuck the right off?

Here's a better idea. Instead of trying to change a game into how you perceive it should be maybe you should go find a game that better suits your needs. That's what most people do. That's what I do.

Remember, we have stuff like Chocobo Racing and Triple Triad in this game ...
    And how did these change the way the rest of the game is played? They didn't because they're nothing more than a side activity.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-24 at 08:57 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are. Its actually quite selfish because what you're proposing is pretty much a fundamental change in how the game is played. What about the people who are actually playing the game because of the way it is was designed in the first place? Well I guess they can literally fuck the right off?

Here's a better idea. Instead of trying to change a game into how you perceive it should be maybe you should go find a game that better suits your needs. That's what most people do. That's what I do.

And how did these change the way the rest of the game is played? They didn't because they're nothing more than a side activity.
    Deep Dungeons will be a side activity too.

Gear acquired there will only be useful within Deep Dungeons - although I heard they can be used for glamour outside.

All the stuff I highlighted above, that I hope for, will only apply to Deep Dungeon content. It's pretty obvious they won't work well with raid content - that's why they aren't implemented thus far.

However there is no reason we can't have those mechanics in other aspects of the game.

SE has divided PVP from raiding so it can have mechanics suitable for it - to make it interesting. No reason they can't do it for Deep Dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    *pss* The trick is to click. <.< >.> <.<
    Problem is that clicking is soo friggin unreliable in this game.

It's no problem mashing 2 keybinds after one another and queue two spells.
    Do it with clicking and the game won't register the 2nd input 90% of the time.

Drove me bonkers on my whm because I quickly switch in and out of cleric, which is off the GCD. Works so much better now that I hotkeyed it.