salvage yard greens?

Think its worthwhile to stockpile greens from the salvage yard to sell in legion to transmoggers or just DE the stuff and sell the mats now?

Stockpile the boxes so they don't take up as much room. Blizzard already confirmed they won't nerf preexisting salvage crates, only ones that are received after 7.0 is released.

Yes. Hoard your transmog greens now while you can. Gold is plentiful and with the Legion prepatch, people will be buying items if for no other reason than to fill out their wardrobe in the new transmog system.

Stockpile while you can, there will be big money to be made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe there won't be much money to make, because everyone will hoard the boxes and get their own stuff.

Na, too many lazy people. The ones who foresee and prep for expansions are always big money makers.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Na, too many lazy people. The ones who foresee and prep for expansions are always big money makers.
    This

The amount of people who aren't interested in preparing, or are not even playing wow until the expansion launches will vastly outweigh the number of people hoarding crates. I've already got about 6000 crates across all of my characters and will continue to keep hoarding them.

If you thought the transmog market was big now (which it is), it won't even compare to how big it will get once everyone has a collection UI which shows them exactly what items they are missing.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    You are grossly overestimating the yield from these greens. The market will be flooded and they won't sell nearly well enough to stockpile 6000+ boxes.
    You'll waste your time trying to sell them.

Just like a new expansion is a good time to stockpile on goods for which the demand will far outweigh the supply (like profession materials with every profession reform), every expansion people also waste time and resources on stockpiling items that will occupy their inventory slots for the entire expansion because they just won't sell. Also beware of the AH posting fee with these items.

Focus on stockpiling items you can flip within the first few weeks, there will be more gold to be made from Legion items that will be in very high demand, with too many lazy people willing to procure them.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-04-24 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    I never made gold via transmog, I'm just hoarding them to unlock the appearances. After that, I'll vendor everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do u mean unlock the appearances? What am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Or maybe there won't be much money to make, because everyone will hoard the boxes and get their own stuff.
    Of the 3-4 million people who might still be actively playing, it's a pretty safe bet with the salvage boxes - that is, if we see a big return of players with Legion. So even if a 100% of active players are hoarding salvage crates (which, of course are not and I personally know only 1 in my whole guild), it's still a lucrative decision if you think that Legion might bring WoW subs back up to 6-7 mio (even if only for 3 months).

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    What do u mean unlock the appearances? What am i missing?
    7.0 Transmog system will "unlock" any item you have soulbound permanently for your entire account as a transmog source. Normal rules still apply, except you don't need to have the source in your inventory after it was unlocked.

It also unlocks all quest rewards for all quests you have ever done, so greens won't actually have all that much demand. Most green appearances will be unlocked already when 7.0 hits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also there are duplicates (multiple items sharing same model) and while I don't know how many possible items are inside the boxes, if someone hoards hundreds (or even thousands) boxes, there will be duplicates. I don't think that demand for greens will be high, what will matter is luck on rare/epic pieces with unique models.

Also, it will take some time not only to open the boxes, but to sort out and store the loot - even if you have AH in garrison and salvage yard as close to it as possible, the time consumption will be quite big.

Deleted
    For each time this topic gets a thread, and for as long as it is kept on “page 1” on this forum, the number of people saving crates increases. Especially when it is ensured that you’ll get rich selling BoE’s.

The two more likely groups of customers for BoE’s are transmog enthusiasts and traditional collectors. These two groups are also more likely to be part of the group of people that are saving crates. Whatever increase in demand that returnees and poor new players starting after the movie will be, it most likely will be outweighed by the flood of items once crates are starting to be salvaged. As you, I and an increasing amount of people are saving crates, the market of selling BoE’s is still active with others cashing in now, making the future need smaller.

I started saving crates some time last year, and that is by no stretch of the imagination early. Selling transmog items has been nothing but an afterthought as to why I’m doing it in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Hoard boxes.

2. Open boxes.

3. Use "meh"

4. Sell "BLING!!!"

5. Profit.

Don't imagine you'll get much for "meh." I've 10,000+ crates, and went from 3 to 11 characters salvaging just this week.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Wish Blizzard make this boxes stack up to 200 or 999. Made a few forum posts/tweets but doubt Blizz will do something about it.

I'm just vendoring things from salvage crates.

Why?

No transmog market. Some items there are 10+ of, and they go for everything between 30g to 500g. The things is... It's very very rare to sell any of those transmog items. I can't be bothered to relist day after day, especially for something costing 50g or whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 17 days left on my sub, and I'm going to be hoarding as many boxes as I can. I'm only doing it on one account (the second account would take me far, far too much gold to get up and running at peak efficiency), so 10 characters going right now.

Even before WoD, I have made hundreds of thousands from transmog. The people who talk about hoarding boxes on MMOC are just a small minority...I'm sure there are plenty of people doing it, but the demand for greens come Legion is going to skyrocket. I already have 10 full sets of saltstone plate set aside waiting for Legion...at current rates, that's about 50,000g per set. The greens that come from crates don't seem to be as profitable, but I'm still betting I'll make a pretty penny from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason people are not buying mog items now is that atm unless they somehow track it manually, they have no clue which appearances they have in bank or wherever. With the 7.0 UI, the items says "You have (not) colected this appearance" or something, so it's esier to just wait.
    Also, if you buy it now, you need to keep it somewhere for a few months. After 7.0 - buy, equip (=unlock), vendor, next item...

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Even if there is no transmog market don't you want to unlock the appearances for yourself?
    Not really, no. I tend to build my transmogs around raid/PvP sets anyway. And even if I do see a nice green item (never seen one in the crates so far), it would be hard to find other matching items,

Maybe I am picky though. finished leveling a hunter through Northrend (zzzz) yesterday, and my god, the mail items are so ugly. Most items from that area are just... what...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    The reason people are not buying mog items now is that atm unless they somehow track it manually, they have no clue which appearances they have in bank or wherever. With the 7.0 UI, the items says "You have (not) colected this appearance" or something, so it's esier to just wait.
    Also, if you buy it now, you need to keep it somewhere for a few months. After 7.0 - buy, equip (=unlock), vendor, next item...
    There's a neat addon posted in the transmog section that tries to do exactly that if anyone is interested.

Anyway, this thread already exists, so you can move the discussion there: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-for-Transmog
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)