Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I don't really see how its impossible that that is the intention of NC lawmakers, and even if it was then why should it matter? Is it suddenly ok to let people just use whatever bathroom they please for whatever reason they want just because some NC lawmakers aren't 100% sincere about their motivations for stopping that from happening?
    Apart from the fact that it is ok to let Transgender people use the bathroom of the gender they identify with (for the reason I mentioned above, something bad coming from it is basically unheard of): It does matter in a certain way, because it is very telling regarding what kind of people they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Easier, yes, but they are breaking the law anyways with what they intend to do. That's not an excuse to ban everything.
    Of course they do. People are all acting like assaulting/filming women/children is suddenly legal when Trans people are allowed to enter the bathroom.
    Hint to all those people: It is still illegal. Men who pretend to be trans in order to gain access to a bathroom could still get reported and would still get punished if they did something in there which they should not.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You are what you are born with, period.
    Are you suggesting that you are still the same crying baby you were born as? Nothing can change in persons life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The reason why letting anyone go into whichever bathroom they please is a bad thing is because of things like this. It's not about hating transgender people.
    Just so we're clear here, you have to keep transgender people out of the bathroom they want to use because a thing that's already happening that has nothing to do with transgender people is very rarely happening?

That seems like a solid use of the law.

Are you suggesting that you are still the same crying baby you were born as? Nothing can change in persons life?
    Well looking at gen ot threads..... i might be a believer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Yes I would... well acceptance is part of it a larger and more pressing one is the realization that no matter how many surgeries they have they will never become what they want to be. In a world where we could actually perform a complete sex change in reasonable amount of time I would be fine with this proposed method of adaptation. However the grim fact is we currently are not capable of that and it is leading to a horrible amount of suicide. You can not fix a sick mind by mutilating a healthy body.
    Is there a medical journal or something you're citing?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Well looking at gen ot threads..... i might be a believer now.
    Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Apart from the fact that it is ok to let Transgender people use the bathroom of the gender they identify with (for the reason I mentioned above, something bad coming from it is basically unheard of): It does matter in a certain way, because it is very telling regarding what kind of people they are.
    Bad things coming from it are more likely when you basically allow any man to enter the situation where all he has to do is flash his phone under or above a stall, and I don't see why you can justify increasing that likelihood just to pander to trans people who only care about identifying with the stick figure on the door.

Why is it wrong to want men to use the men's restroom and women to use the women's restroom?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Well damn, and there I was calling myself a blonde all those years - despite having been born with brown hair. I merely dyed it later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apples and oranges, your comment has nothing to do with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Well damn, and there I was calling myself a blonde all those years - despite having been born with brown hair. I merely dyed it later on.
    Fake blonde! Nothing is allowed to change, ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Apples and oranges, your comment has nothing to do with mine.
    Has everything to do with it. You just don't like it because it shows how ignorant your statement was. Too bad

I don't really see how its impossible that that is the intention of NC lawmakers, and even if it was then why should it matter? Is it suddenly ok to let people just use whatever bathroom they please for whatever reason they want just because some NC lawmakers aren't 100% sincere about their motivations for stopping that from happening?
    The intention of the law was to roll back LGBT protections in the state. The proof is part 2 of the law that prevents cities from passing laws that make discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity illegal.

And even if it was their intention to "protect the children," the law does a horrible job at ti because it both does not prevent what they don't want to happen and makes it easier for male sexual predators to use the women's room because now they can take the easier route of pretending to be transmen (i.e. they can go in the women's bathroom in their normal outfits, beards included).

I'm gonna just put this out here, because this conversation has somewhat transitioned passed the bathroom and into transgenderism itself. It doesn't matter how much surgery or anything a person goes through. You can LOOK like whatever you want. But in reality, you are what your DNA says you are. If you were to commit a murder and your male, but you now look like a woman, and they find your blood. It's going to turn out that you are still male. Funny, how that works isn't it? If you don't like that, tough.

It works the same way for other things too. If you're an amputee, and you get a realistic looking prosthetic limb. Sure, you may feel mentally better about your situation, but it doesn't mean that you actually have a leg. Being bald and having a toupee doesn't mean you aren't bald anymore. It's the same thing. Its a band-aid fix, to give you peace of mind. Nothing more.

Deleted
    Why is it wrong to want men to use the men's restroom and women to use the women's restroom?
    Because Trans women look like women, and trans men look like men? Making them use the bathroom of the sex on their birth certificate, or worse, what they were born as puts them at a completely unnecessary risk of harassment and/or violence. In a lot of places, even in the self-proclaimed progressive US, Transgender people are getting beaten up or even murdered simply because they are Trans on a regular basis.

And like I said: With that law, women and children will now have people who actually look like men in their bathroom. I seriously doubt that this is making them more comfortable.

Are we talking about personal harassment on an individual level? Does that really happen often at all outside of grade/middle/high school where people are harassed for basically everything?
    Not unless a person gets outted, otherwise it really isn't an issue. Forcing trans people into the wrong bathrooms is outting them, and trans women for example, can die from being outted since men can get sensitive about what their penis reacts to for some reason.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/ny...l?src=twr&_r=0

One of many examples of what can happen when trans people get outted, and bathroom laws are instantly causing this kind of danger. Trans people arent a danger, and these laws will actively harm trans people if somehow enforced, which they aren't lol.

Why can't we throw a "has started hormone therapy" part into these laws to allow that, since men aren't going to fucking get a female hormone balance just to "creep on women" in 99.9999999999999% of cases. >.>

Bad things coming from it are more likely when you basically allow any man to enter the situation where all he has to do is flash his phone under or above a stall
    This is already a crime and no one is trying to make it otherwise. You're literally scare mongering.

Deleted
    Fake blonde! Nothing is allowed to change, ever!
    I am sorry. I suppose I have to tell people from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Just so we're clear here, you have to keep transgender people out of the bathroom they want to use because a thing that's already happening that has nothing to do with transgender people is very rarely happening?

That seems like a solid use of the law.
    Once again, this change would be like making all instances of gun purchase and ownership legal. No permits, no nothing. Just grab one in a Wal-Mart without any backgrounds checks or licenses or age restrictions or anything. The crime that could then be committed with that gun would still be illegal though.

Do you really think that allowing every person in the US to own a gun, regardless of their mental/criminal/national/etc. status, would not have a noticeable impact on gun related crimes? Allowing men to just walk into the women's restroom whenever they want makes it much easier to commit these crimes, because they are allowed to be right there, in position to do so, whenever they want.

Then once again, trying to claim that these crimes wouldn't be affected very much just to defend a person's desire to identify with the stick figure on the door is just baffling. It's like people are pretending that this is somehow a real issue that needs to be resolved, and any actual crime related effects it might have should just be written off and ignored.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Ok? Send all men to camps? You agree with radical feminists now?
    1 step at a time, lets send the ones who cause trouble to camps first as well as some womens groups.

Think I'll agree with the AMA, APA, and APS before a single psychiatrist. We all recognize gender dysphoria as an actual diagnosis, but Dr. McHugh claims that undergoing the sex change procedures is not helpful for them. Just about every other medical organization disagrees with him on that front.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23433223

You only have to read the summary of the conducted study between groups of boys, girls, and both types of trans. Similar brain activity under MRI when undergoing a verbal fluency test.

Playing the devils advocate: Say they are labeled as mentally ill, there is not cure known so far and they are not a danger to others. Why deny them the identity that best fits their brain activity? How does that affect you? There are people that are born one sex but have the complete mindset of the opposite, why not let them live as such?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Tranny's tend to look like the gender they identify as, unless they're really early in transition.
    Can't say I've noticed this. I fully support people who are transgender to be able to use the toilet of what they changed into but I rarely see any people who have transitioned who actually look like women. You can usually tell by their bone structure that they were born as men, due to the laws surrounding such things doesn't allow you to transition before 18 or so here, at which point they've developped quite the manly bone structure in most cases.