Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The entire area is fraught with tribal tensions. How's that supposed to get any better when the Turks refuse to even acknowledge there was a genocide?
    Let them battle it out! We grab some popcorn and place bets on who'll be the last man standing. I'm with Israel, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Germans denying the Holocaust wouldn't be very popular either.
    It's kinda hard to deny shit like that when you have literall heaps of bodies lying around...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Then meet them on neutral intellectual territory and debate. The truth will speak for itself.
    Turkey has lost this already, since the evidence, including multiple reports by officers of the German Empire, which was Turkey's ally at that time talk about that subject, diplomats and so on, is crystal clear. But Turkey is still in denial...

Turkey was also extremely cruel to Christians, there is a statue on the st charles bridge in prague showing Christians cowering in a cage while an armed turk guard torments them.

well atleast they didnt deny the holocaust

either way seems like a fun PR night for Geico and their companies.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    And I'm sure Cenk was flying one of the planes himself.
    I've always found it hilarious that Anna Kasparian would be on a show called The Young Turks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have many roots, some of them: Polish, Russian and Jewish. And yet, I don't care about people, for example, denying Katyn massacre, denying the Holocaust or denying the Red Terror: people are free to believe whatever they want about history, it doesn't change the reality. Why should it be any different for Armenians facing someone denying the Turkey's Genocide of Armenians? How does it harm them, given that no people involved in those events walk this planet any more? I genuinely don't understand this "historical patriotism".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I've always found it hilarious that Anna Kasparian would be on a show called The Young Turks.
    Its a clever historical reference, but it does get weird sometimes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The problem is that Turkey does not want to admit that it happened. It goes beyond leaving in the past, to erasing it from the past.
    They even take actions against people in other countries. Meanwhile in Germany Turkey trys to silence the Dresden Symphony Orchestra
    http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschla...r-stoppen.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Outside of a history class to people honestly care about genocide outside of WW2?

Im not saying they shouldn't or should care but as a honest question. Dozens of people have been wiped off the earth since civilization alone.
    It is definitely a tradition worth continuing instead of this new trend of speaking about it and pursuing it as a crime, something which has brought us nothing besides less genocides happening these days.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Turkey is getting too big for its britches, I'm assuming turkey has some damning information on world powers to get away with so much lately. Does turkey know more about isis than we are led to believe and who funded them?. Is turkey blackmailing the west?.

I would immediately revoke turkey from nato, I would put troops on the Turkish border to make sure they aren't going to surge the eu with refugees, and I would cut all ties with them.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-24 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I have many roots, some of them: Polish, Russian and Jewish. And yet, I don't care about people, for example, denying Katyn massacre, denying the Holocaust or denying the Red Terror: people are free to believe whatever they want about history, it doesn't change the reality. Why should it be any different for Armenians facing someone denying the Turkey's Genocide of Armenians? How does it harm them, given that no people involved in those events walk this planet any more? I genuinely don't understand this "historical patriotism".
    It's really the motive behind the genocide denial that's more worrying than the stunt itself though. A lot of countries craft their identity around some national founding myth where the patriotic heroes were selfless, noble, and honorable, and any sort of blemish on that record taints the narrative and thereby undermines modern day nationalism. Modernized countries with a mature national consciousness don't need to worry about that too much, for example Americans have no problem acknowledging that the Founding Fathers owned slaves and brutually mistreated natives. However, a country like Turkey still very much operates on a severe inferiority complex can't really handle that kind of blow to its origin story and thus has to play this denial game. Quite frankly, I don't think anyone who looks at this issue has any great love or appreciation for the Armenians as such, but as long as Turkey is hung up on this aspect of history they'll never be able to be a responsible regional power, which we needed them to start being yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    It's really the motive behind the genocide denial that's more worrying than the stunt itself though. A lot of countries craft their identity around some national founding myth where the patriotic heroes were selfless, noble, and honorable, and any sort of blemish on that record taints the narrative and thereby undermines modern day nationalism. Modernized countries with a mature national consciousness don't need to worry about that too much, for example Americans have no problem acknowledging that the Founding Fathers owned slaves and brutually mistreated natives. However, a country like Turkey still very much operates on a severe inferiority complex can't really handle that kind of blow to its origin story and thus has to play this denial game. Quite frankly, I don't think anyone who looks at this issue has any great love or appreciation for the Armenians as such, but as long as Turkey is hung up on this aspect of history they'll never be able to be a responsible regional power, which we needed them to start being yesterday.
    Genocide is also flooding an ethnic country with refugees that have 3 times the amount of kids as the native population. Turkey is using the refugee situation as a threat, that threat needs to be shut down immediately.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-24 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Oh shit, here are the russia fanboys somehow making this about the US.
    The USA and EU have been refusing to condemn the genocide for the last 50 years. It's their fault that Turks have grown so bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The USA and EU have been refusing to condemn the genocide for the last 50 years. It's their fault that Turks have grown so bold.
    No one cares about genocides anymore, isis has committed genocide against Christians, the pope takes in 3 families of muslims to Vatican city, tells the Christian family from Syria no. Worst pope ever.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-24 at 09:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No one cares about genocides anymore, isis has committed genocide against Christians, the pope takes in 3 families of muslims to Vatican city, tells the Christian family from Syria no. Worst pope ever.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    I agree, it is a Christian duty to take revenge upon your enemies. As the wholly scriptures tell us: The Supreme Lord said: I am death, the mighty destroyer of the world, out to destroy. Even without your participation all the warriors standing arrayed in the opposing armies shall cease to exist.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I agree, it is a Christian duty to take revenge upon your enemies

Correct. This is why Germany has taken up itself to destroy Christendom and replace it with it's moral imperialism. Praise be, Merkel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Correct. This is why Germany has taken up itself to destroy Christendom and replace it with it's moral imperialism. Praise be, Merkel.
    Merkel - Destroyer of Christendom. Given she's been named and called Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Dshingis Khan and the Antichrist, it is only logical to add yet another strong epithet. Soon mankinds entire history will just consist of a single sheet with one name, written in the most blackest and most pointy Gothic letters, on it: Merkel - Destroyer of Everything.