Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I've heard of things called nude beaches.
    With my accent, it is pretty hard to pronounce "beaches" differently from "bitches". This leads to some funny situations sometimes. "Nude beaches"... There is a potential for jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    From the comments

Tbh that is actually something that I would be worried about now.... unless we get those birth certificate checkers at the door.
    With that comment it just shows that they (pedos/rapists) will have a lot easier to come in, they won't even have to dress up and fake it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Where do you people find these unisex bathrooms? I'm assuming you are refering to men and women and little boys and girls all using one restroom with multiple stalls inclosed in the same area. Now I've lived in a couple different countries and have yet to see one of these.
    Ever gone to an outdoor events? I don't see the difference standing in line to use one of these...

...compared to using stalls in a regular bathroom.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Where do you people find these unisex bathrooms? I'm assuming you are refering to men and women and little boys and girls all using one restroom with multiple stalls inclosed in the same area. Now I've lived in a couple different countries and have yet to see one of these.
    In my city we have unisex bathrooms in one of our cinemas. And a lot of public ones too

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    With my accent, it is pretty hard to pronounce "beaches" differently from "bitches". This leads to some funny situations sometimes. "Nude beaches"... There is a potential for jokes.
    Hmm, I usually bring cocktails for my nude beaches.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

From the comments

Tbh that is actually something that I would be worried about now.... unless we get those birth certificate checkers at the door.
    Yup, something the doomsayers keep missing all the time. They're only making it WORSE, if they get it their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen one right at the center of Darling Harbour side, in Sydney. It was pretty small though, just 4 or so cabins.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Hmm, I usually bring cocktails for my nude beaches.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    So sick about hearing about this....

How about target/walmart/all large chain stores just redesign to have one large uninsex bathroom with 100% enclosed stalls. Like most of there "change/try on cloths" rooms are.

Then can you all shutup?
    I'm okay with that, nothing is inherently scary about men and unisex are fairly clean in my experience, but that is prob due to factors such as "fancy" level of places that have them. Apart from the extreme level of pride so many around have in the sound of stuff coming out of their butt, nothing would bother me about peeing/pooing next to dudes.

Deleted
    Tbh, those people scare me far more than any boogeyman they might create. Maybe if they get everyone looking at this other demographic, people won't notice the horrible shit they do.
    Those people are more dangerous for Transgender people, because unlike those imaginary criminals/crimes they create, they and their hateful attitudes are real.

First world problem threads are the best. /popcorn
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    In my city we have unisex bathrooms in one of our cinemas. And a lot of public ones too
    [IMG]http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/22572306/349/normal/3283207b708fa/HBTQ-skylt+p%C3%A5+Biopalatset.jpg[IMG]
    Sweden is just superior to some other countries when it comes to such things.

You can draw the line at those that actually start hormone therapy, which deactivates certain body parts in most cases. It is fairly simple to get a doctor to tell the difference in a trans person and someone just being a pervert. I mean, apart from the random genius sociopath, doctors and therapists are really damn good at doing their job.
    I was referring to public spaces, like the ones I listed. How can you be sure they have undergone hormone therapy? Do they have a special card they carry on their person at all times in case they are asked why they have a penis but are waltzing around the womens locker room.

Lady-"get your penis out of my face, and out of my locker room...secruityyyyy"

Man- opens wallet and removes card " listen here you bigoted lady, just because I have a penis doesn't mean I'm a male, that's the most sexist thing I've ever heard. I'm currently undergoing hormone therapy and in about 12 months I'll be having my penis removed!"

Lady-"oh my apoligies you are so brave"

Somehow I just don't see it going down like that.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Sweden is just far, far superior to some other countries when it comes to such things.
    Having a law about transgendered people using the wrong bathroom in Sweden would be really weird

I was referring to public spaces, like the ones I listed. How can you be sure they have undergone hormone therapy? Do they have a special card they carry on their person at all times in case they are asked why they have a penis but are waltzing around the womens locker room.

Lady-"get your penis out of my face, and out of my locker room...secruityyyyy"

Man- opens wallet and removes card " listen here you bigoted lady, just because I have a penis doesn't mean I'm a male, that's the most sexist thing I've ever heard. I'm currently undergoing hormone therapy and in about 12 months I'll be having my penis removed!"

Lady-"oh my apoligies you are so brave"

Somehow I just don't see it going down like that.
    You will know because they are fairly visibly male/female despite their birth certificates saying otherwise. And I do mean beards for transmen and boobs for transwomen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Sweden is just far, far superior to some other countries when it comes to such things.
    I think it was ranked #1 in the last world ranking of gender equality. Pretty swed... I mean, sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, in theory, what you say makes sense. In reality though, how common is this problem? In unisex bathrooms, how high is the rate of people doing things bad enough? I'll admit, I've never seen any statistics on this. Is this problem even real? Maybe we are dealing with a few dozen cases a year nation-wide, and then it is hardly something that needs to be addressed, giving how many much more glaring problems we already have.

Personally, I would want just all bathrooms and wardrobes to become unisex. I think our society is advanced enough for people of the opposite sex to be able to closely interact without doing nasty things to each other.
    Oh how I wish that were true, the sad fact is, at the end of the day, it isn't.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how I wish that were true, the sad fact is, at the end of the day, it isn't.
    Places like nude beaches, already existing unisex bathrooms and changing rooms, all kinds of roommates of opposite genders, etc. - all hints at the fact that we are too paranoid about these things and, actually, there isn't much to fear. Perverts, sexual assaulters, etc. - they do what they do as it is, with all these gender separation rules; while others don't regardless of the circumstances. The vast majority of people can handle the sight of a person of the sex they are interested in changing their undies, or a person of the sex they are interested in walking into a cabin in a public bathroom... And those that can't, they find ways to do nasty things anyway.

I think this separation does more harm then good, and frankly, I'm not sure it does any good at all.

You will know because they are fairly visibly male/female despite their birth certificates saying otherwise. And I do mean beards for transmen and boobs for transwomen.
    I've seen plenty of women with beards and men with boobs in my day that weren't trans lol...Jokes aside, I agree that it would suck for the truly honest person who identifies as the opposite sex to have to use a restroom in a public place, but I dont't think allowing anyone who identifies as a woman to use the womens restroom is the right answer.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

I've seen plenty of women with beards and men with boobs in my day that weren't trans lol...Jokes aside, I agree that it would suck for the truly honest person who identifies as the opposite sex to have to use a restroom in a public place, but I dont't think allowing anyone who identifies as a woman to use the womens restroom is the right answer.
    Then, as I have said 129386128323 times this thread, make exceptions to allow those that are actually serious to not be at risk of legal problems. It is really, really, really simple but for some reason it is a "no that isnt possible" idea yet this blanket law that harms innocents was easily possible... in a single day in North Carolina.

It heavily feels like no one that supports this law actually cares about protecting trans people.

You guys know that spying, filming and so on is still illegal? It doesn't change anything of sexual harrassment or assault laws. If a woman goes to the women toilet doing the same stuff it is a crime. Same goes for the person claiming to be transgender. Just because you are allowed to enter a bathroom, oesn't mean, you are allowed to do anything you want.