Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Pre-patch, HFC, and You, what does it mean?

I usually don't start threads and honestly I did some searching but idk if this has been discussed before, so my apologies if it has.

I was looking through hfc gear on alpha the other day and noticed the Ferroleather set for DH, which is what a DH gets if they use a Conq token from HFC, it has no set bonus' or anything but its there.

If I can recall correctly this has NEVER been done before, DKs don't have tier from TBC (Sunwell) Monks don't have gear from Cata (DS), yes they have been added to certain items (warglaives) but never has a set been designed (well, its recolors so designed is kind of strong, but meh) to be used by an class added after a raid has been deemed obsolete by the pre-patch.

What do you guys think this means for us in the pre-patch? They at one point said at least a week, and "when its ready" but these items here make it seem like they WANT us to run HFC on our DHs which would mean (to me) at LEAST a month of DH use prior to legion release. Why put these in for a week of use? There's no need to put them in for transmog purposes as the models are already in the game.

Your thoughts?

Deleted
    It has never been done pve wise but dk got heir pvp sets, brutal gladiator if I'm not mistaken. And yes, pre orders will most probably get 2-3-4 weeks of content.

Eh, guess i never noticed the DK thing, but really, it kind of lends credence to them having DH out most, if not all, of pre-patch

Deleted
    Good catch. DH will probably be available to play when the pre-patch hits live servers, so like 1 month before Legion.

Yea, it definitely seems like they want DHs in HFC, otherwise why bother. And it was always weird when they said "when they're ready" how would they not be read ~1 month before release haha.

Deleted
    Sorry but the DH experience unlocks after Legion release. Pre-purchase gives you DH 1 week earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomath View Post
    Sorry but the DH experience unlocks after Legion release. Pre-purchase gives you DH 1 week earlier.
    still unconfirmed

Deleted
    Yeah still not confirmed. -.-

Defenders of the Alliance and the Horde can steel themselves for the return of the demonic armies of the Burning Legion by pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Legion digitally. Players who pre-purchase will unlock an instant level-100 character boost, as well as early access to the Demon Hunter—Legion’s dextrous and deadly new hero class—prior to the expansion’s release.

Yeah still not confirmed. -.-

Defenders of the Alliance and the Horde can steel themselves for the return of the demonic armies of the Burning Legion by pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Legion digitally. Players who pre-purchase will unlock an instant level-100 character boost, as well as early access to the Demon Hunter—Legion’s dextrous and deadly new hero class—prior to the expansion’s release.
    Dunno, why do you even linked that, since DH's will be available to play at least 7 days prior to expansion release. And most likely they'll be available earlier.
    Dunno why you linked that,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iDielord View Post
    Dunno, why do you even linked that, since DH's will be available to play at least 7 days prior to expansion release. And most likely they'll be available earlier.
    Dunno why you linked that,
    Probably because it says "prior to the expansion’s release" so it doesn't have to be 7 days earlier - could be 1 month.

Deleted
    As mentioned, unlike other classes DHs will be released prior to the expansion release, hence it makes sense for them to release stuff for DH players to chase till Legion actually releases. I personally don't really see the point though, beyond maybe getting a trinket or two at most, all other gear is kind of null and void considering how fast you replace shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    As mentioned, unlike other classes DHs will be released prior to the expansion release, hence it makes sense for them to release stuff for DH players to chase till Legion actually releases. I personally don't really see the point though, beyond maybe getting a trinket or two at most, all other gear is kind of null and void considering how fast you replace shit.
    They have an Archimonde trinket in the beta, but it's just a stat stick so to speak.
    Also it's not null and void, instead of starting to quest in 680, you do in 730 or so, so much better, and will last you quite a few levels.
    People that saying gearing before an expansion is worthless are really wrong, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    They have an Archimonde trinket in the beta, but it's just a stat stick so to speak.
    Also it's not null and void, instead of starting to quest in 680, you do in 730 or so, so much better, and will last you quite a few levels.
    People that saying gearing before an expansion is worthless are really wrong, imo.
    Well wrong up to a certain extend, ofc if you log in with gear from the end of MoP it's gonna be hard to level but for Legion you will already be fine and dandy on tanaan jungle baleful drops, same like timeless isle gear was fine to lvl in wod.

The days that questing was deadly and non boss type rares meant you needed more people are long gone, 680 or 730 will do just as fine and after an hour you already are in mostly legion quest gear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can DHs use Baleful gear and upgrade them?
    Last edited by Maradar; 2016-04-24 at 02:03 PM.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradar View Post
    they should be able to use the leather baleful tokens like any rogue or druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Your gear will be replaced in an hour or so of questing. Trinkets however are usually terrible. Having played the alpha till 110, the majority of trinkets were passive agility + some random proc effect or a terrible "use this to deal 1000 damage to the target, 5 min cd". Having a blademaster trinket could help leveling really well as you could just grab a lot of adds and aoe them down till the later levels when you get meta on eye beam use etc.

Deleted
    Something that i've been doing is collecting the BoA baleful gear. Made crafting gear for my demon hunter also got lots of upgrade tokens to increase there ilvl 695. I plan on maining a DH. So decide to gear it for something to do since there isn't anything i wanna do atm other mount farm.

Anyone got a link to this HFC demon hunter gear?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Maradar View Post
    probably yes, but i would imagine the DH starter zone gear will be comparable
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    probably yes, but i would imagine the DH starter zone gear will be comparable
    Starter gear is 680 with 720 weapons.

Bumping that to 695 on all pieces would definitely be nice, especially since it's so easy. Wouldn't hurt to even get a few pieces of the crafted gear to 715 if you have time and money to blow.