Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Holy cow, that's just horrible, seems like she literally tried to leech anything she could from you. Reading this is shocking, I'm surprised she didn't try to kill you...Yeah that's terrible for me to say but it really sounds like you got one rotten batch of parenting there, sorry for all your lost and pain inflicted.
    Well, she wants me to fail at life and suffer, she's told me that many times. To me, it's nothing new, but it was hard growing up. I grew up relying on myself and a few friends. I was rebellious and lived life vicariously because everything that I had and wanted was fleeting for me then and everything had to be fought over. I'm not really strong, I hated it, I'm just a survivor. She usually made good on her threats, so I learned to be as self-sufficient as I could. Unfortunately, I never really lived until recently because of it.

Now having read what an awful hell your mom made you live, it makes me think. I guess the reason why she never wanted you to paint your nail/toenails is because maybe she thought it look make you more attractive and she did not want you to be so. So if anything, maybe that may be one of those times where you mom did you a favor without wanting to (according to my opinion of the fact that I think painted nail are gross).
    I think it was because she was a bitch and honestly no other reason. She'd essentially slut-shame me for anything feminine that I did. Despite her being more of a whore than I ever could have been... mean, she tops what most people would ever do for being spiteful. She still does it now, too. My current husband, she hit on when last I visited - he knew about her before meeting her, I made sure of it. When he denied her, she then tried to bribe him which sounds in-character for her... Damnable woman... :|

That said, on-topic, I've been slut shamed for painting my nails. Both by my mother and several of my exes. I stopped painting my nails for roughly 15 years (in addition to other things) because of such harassment over it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Well, she wants me to fail at life and suffer, she's told me that many times. To me, it's nothing new, but it was hard growing up. I grew up relying on myself and a few friends. I was rebellious and lived life vicariously because everything that I had and wanted was fleeting for me then and everything had to be fought over. I'm not really strong, I hated it, I'm just a survivor. She usually made good on her threats, so I learned to be as self-sufficient as I could. Unfortunately, I never really lived until recently because of it.

I think it was because she was a bitch and honestly no other reason. She'd essentially slut-shame me for anything feminine that I did. Despite her being more of a whore than I ever could have been... mean, she tops what most people would ever do for being spiteful. She still does it now, too. My current husband, she hit on when last I visited - he knew about her before meeting her, I made sure of it. When he denied her, she then tried to bribe him which sounds in-character for her... Damnable woman... :|

That said, on-topic, I've been slut shamed for painting my nails. Both by my mother and several of my exes. I stopped painting my nails for roughly 15 years (in addition to other things) because of such harassment over it.
    lol, slut shaming for painting your nails? thats a new one, was it like too insane designs or just regular color? Also I'm surprised you still keep your mom around and even presented her to your current husband knowing she would do such things. If my mom were like this I would have cut bridge long ago.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does OP think women should only do things for them?

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, slut shaming for painting your nails? thats a new one, was it like too insane designs or just regular color? Also I'm surprised you still keep your mom around and even presented her to your current husband knowing she would do such things. If my mom were like this I would have cut bridge long ago.
    Just regular color. My mother wasn't the only monster in my life. My exes assumed that if I was painting my nails, taking care of my hair, wearing colorful clothing, or used perfumes or even scented soaps, that I was "inviting" other men with my appearance, so how dare I attempt to cheat on them. :|

I started working for my own when I was 15, full time at 17. I would have gotten my own place if my mother wasn't stealing my money with "rent" and "utility bills" for living at home, even when I was still in highschool. Most of the time, I wouldn't even go home for days on end. I made friends with bikers that would trek me all over the place, other guys that liked to offroad and camp out for days-on-end, stoner friends that I could chill with for extended periods of time, and nerds that built computers and arcades for days-on-end for fun that I'd hang out with, along with other (more normal) friends that didn't mind me hanging out for a while. if I was alone, I'd climb trees, buildings, towers, mountains, and just watch the sky for hours to pass time... That was essentially me when I was young.

My husband was angry with her, but he is also very smart... somehow he managed to get me and my sister talking outside of heavy hostility, I still don't trust her at all, but I talk to her again... He also managed to convince my mother to let me have a single painting from the house before she auctioned all of my grandmother's things. He did the same with several my exes, now they're no longer spiteful (or at least spiteful enough to openly attack me or my kids). I've come to trust him implicitly as he essentially gave me a life, in almost a literal sense with how free I am now.

That said, I barely ever did anything with my nails besides basics color and some shading, but now I do all sorts of things like bead them and gloss them and all sorts of fun stuff that I missed out on for so long.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-04-24 at 04:29 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Stop staring at their feet, you freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Just regular color. My mother wasn't the only monster in my life. My exes assumed that if I was painting my nails, taking care of my hair, wearing colorful clothing, or used perfumes or even scented soaps, that I was "inviting" other men with my appearance, so how dare I attempt to cheat on them. :|

I started working for my own when I was 15, full time at 17. I would have gotten my own place if my mother wasn't stealing my money with "rent" and "utility bills" for living at home, even when I was still in highschool. Most of the time, I wouldn't even go home for days on end. I made friends with bikers that would trek me all over the place, other guys that liked to offroad and camp out for days-on-end, stoner friends that I could chill with for extended periods of time, and nerds that built computers and arcades for days-on-end for fun that I'd hang out with, along with other (more normal) friends that didn't mind me hanging out for a while. if I was alone, I'd climb trees, buildings, towers, mountains, and just watch the sky for hours to pass time... That was essentially me when I was young.

My husband was angry with her, but he is also very smart... somehow he managed to get me and my sister talking outside of heavy hostility, I still don't trust her at all, but I talk to her again... He also managed to convince my mother to let me have a single painting from the house before she auctioned all of my grandmother's things. He did the same with several my exes, now they're no longer spiteful (or at least spiteful enough to openly attack me or my kids). I've come to trust him implicitly as he essentially gave me a life, in almost a literal sense with how free I am now.

That said, I barely ever did anything with my nails beside color, but now I do all sorts of things like bead them and gloss them and all sorts of fun stuff that I missed out on for so long.
    Well good things we aren't in the 60-70s anymore :P

You sure had a rough ride growing up, I'm happy for you though, seems like you have an happy ending to this rough time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously I never understood this. I often see women using very little makeup if any and then they also happen to NOT paint their fingernail but I swear, they ALWAYS paint their toenails which disgust me really bad. I just dont understand why they do this.

I dont think I have EVER seen a women not painting their nail because even though I see many women who NEVER use fingernail and makes me think they dont paint their nails, yet once I get to see their toenail I realize that they been doing it all the time which brings me to the back to the fact that I dont think I've ever seen a women not painting their nails ever.

Why do you do this! Stop ruining yourselves, its gross especially the purple or dark colored stuff, the only time I think its okay is when it's light pink or just a polish.
    A life. Get one.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Its funny, because they all speak about how they want equality, but do shit like this?
    No human should ever paint their toenails.
    Small feminine definitive features like this are why there will never be real equality between sexes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I never paint my toenails...the question is, WHO gets this worked up over something like that?
    Weird, pathetic people. That's who.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I paint my finger/toe nails for me because I want to. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about it.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Stop staring at their feet, you freak.
    I actually cant stand those feet fetish threads, that being said, I don't care much for feet appearance in general, there was this once exception though where a girl had very nice feet and her mom had the EXACT same feet, it was about the only time in my life where I couldn't stop staring at them lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its funny, because they all speak about how they want equality, but do shit like this?
    Small feminine definitive features like this are why there will never be real equality between sexes.
    Because in things like job interviews, the first thing a hiring manager does is look at your toes right? Jesus, are you trolling or are you seriously this fucking stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because in things like job interviews, the first thing a hiring manager does is look at your toes right? Jesus, are you trolling or are you seriously this fucking stupid?
    Um, I thought many people mentioned here job being a reason why they paint their toenails, is because they can hide it and they cant be as free with their fingers so, yea, maybe :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Well good things we aren't in the 60-70s anymore :P

You sure had a rough ride growing up, I'm happy for you though, seems like you have an happy ending to this rough time.
    We'll see. Happy is good, but I don't let it get me to be complacent. That's what my life taught me.

That and I'd actually be more afraid in the same situation if it happened these days... Now, you can track and find almost anyone with enough money... In the 70s & 80s, that wasn't so. Disappearing for a while wasn't only easier, but it was much more common. At least, that's what I see. Parents these days have significantly more control over their children's lives, most of them (surprising) just don't care about their children enough to use the resources... However, think about what a vengeful parent can do these days compared to the 70s & 80s. >.<
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-04-24 at 04:46 PM.
    ~~ ~~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    What are you even talking about? Why should painting your toenails have to do anything with equal opportunities in - for example - jobs or in front of the law.

And why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Because it's fun ^_^
    I have my toes painted almost all the time because its nice to decorate them (along with my fingers), and since my toes are bare like 99% of the time (used to be in a profession where I work barefoot), it's just nice to add some neat colors. As far as darker colors go, I tend to like them. Some colors look better on me than most other women around, or worse on me because of skin tone. Has to do with the contrast.
    took the words right out of my mouth. but I would also that that thanks to the nature of my work, I cannot have painted fingernails no matter how much I enjoy them. they tend to start chipping almost right away, so I might occasionally paint them anyways, but for the most part if I don't want to look like I bite my fingernails, I have to go bare. toes on the other hand? are not subject to this problem. so...

@ Op the fact that a little bit of color on feet bothers you this much? is YOUR problem, not that of women who enjoy painted toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    took the words right out of my mouth. but I would also that that thanks to the nature of my work, I cannot have painted fingernails no matter how much I enjoy them. they tend to start chipping almost right away, so I might occasionally paint them anyways, but for the most part if I don't want to look like I bite my fingernails, I have to go bare. toes on the other hand? are not subject to this problem. so...

@ Op the fact that a little bit of color on feet bothers you this much? is YOUR problem, not that of women who enjoy painted toenails.
    Never said it wasnt my problem.

Seriously I never understood this. I often see women using very little makeup if any and then they also happen to NOT paint their fingernail but I swear, they ALWAYS paint their toenails which disgust me really bad. I just dont understand why they do this.

I dont think I have EVER seen a women not painting their nail because even though I see many women who NEVER use fingernail and makes me think they dont paint their nails, yet once I get to see their toenail I realize that they been doing it all the time which brings me to the back to the fact that I dont think I've ever seen a women not painting their nails ever.

Why do you do this! Stop ruining yourselves, its gross especially the purple or dark colored stuff, the only time I think its okay is when it's light pink or just a polish.
    so reverse foot fetish. got it. nothing to see here.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Never said it wasnt my problem.
    and yet the topic is not "why do I find painted toenails disgusting" its "why do women do this disgusting thing"

Deleted
    Sounds like a repressed fetish.