Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tasuyoshi View Post
    Look at what happened to this server tons of accounts gone. I really wouldn't like that if it happened to a server that I am playing so the best for now is to wait if blizzard gives us love.
    For the last 7 years they always said NO, they just wont.
    They would have to take their old code, update it to new hardware, which costs time and manpower. And then they don't have any data that shows it would be in anyway profitable for them.
    The only way they could get legacy servers would be a partnership with private servers and give these partners the legal right to take donations, split the money with blizzard and give them a contact in the team when they run into a problem.
    But a Blizzard only product will never happen.

The so called "progression" on Nost is pure shit. If you release the shit gear from the beginning, while using the same spells and client from 1-2 years later, you don't have any meaningful "progression". There's nothing "blizzlike". In fact, there's very few things "blizzlike" on these servers (and I played on some of them), almost everything is DIFFERENT. For example, the mobs are placed "somewhat" where they should, but they suffer from retardness, most patrols don't work, respawn timers are shit, los issues everywhere. On Nost for example, at some point there were like 20 Stitches in the same place, imagine my surprise when I tried to kite it

I've watched some of these absolutely retarded "youtubers" saying things like "what the fuck is Blizzard doing, these people actually made the vanilla for them, they should just hire them" or "why doesn't Blizzard see there is a market for this vanilla servers" or even more funnier "I guarantee you that you will make a lot of money". These "people" did not make any "vanilla", they made a VERY POOR approximation of it. And that shit was FREE.

Now that "vanilla servers" or "legacy servers" don't just come into existence if Mike Morhaime (lol) reads the petition, and being drunk, decides to order his minions to summon those legacy fuckers. Even if they have the code somewhere or even better, if they have the shit ready built for installation(which most likely they have), they will need to find some people that can actually transform those into actual servers. That means they even take people from the other projects or hire new ones. And no, getting the Nost "team" to do it is not the solution. What Nost did and what needs to be done at Blizzard are two absolutely different things. Those projects are COMPLETELY different.

Anyway, whoever the fuck they get, either internal or external, they need to bring those fuckers up really fast, because these fuckers that played on Nost (me included) have most likely already played on many others servers and they will probably already looking for another shit server. Because after the server is up, then comes the test team, that has to test the fucking thing on everything and decide if anything is too broken to stop the release. Then you'll need the maintenance and support dudes.
    So until Blizzard's wonder team hopefully manages to create the "vanilla server", you have these people that already leveled to 60 on multiple servers for FREE. How much can Blizzard ask for a subscription and how many months will people pay for it? And everything above is getting exponentially fucked up with each other expansion, which have lots and lots new features.

But there are other reasons, apart from the financial non sense, and one of those could be that people new to the game would get completely fucking confused about what the fuck WoW actually is, because if he asks n people, x will say vanilla is da best, y will say to play TBC, da best expansion ever, z will say "gtfo, nothing comez cloze to da wrath, mon" , not to mention there are a LOT of people that even like how the game it is now (millions, really, real subscribers). Or they would actually admit they had lied and they didn't "delete" the source code, or even funnier, "overwrite it" (which no one sane believed anyway). Not to mention admitting that the latest iteration of WoW is shit. If I were Blizzard, a money oriented business, I would rather retire WoW, if it goes to shit. As a business, those people could be used into other, more profitable projects.

So, at the end of the day we're left with these phenomenal truths:
    - Blizzard has any right to shut down anyone that uses their shit without permission
    - Blizzard has no reason to make legacy servers, unless they want to open multiple cans of worms at once
    - Anyone that plays on a private server should not get really invested in their shit, not only because Blizzard might shut it down, but the shit can go to crap from the inside, as we know happened to another big servers not a long time ago
    - If you intend to break the copyright laws, at least don't be so fucking retarded to do it in France
    - Online petitions are absolutely completely fucking useless and they mean absolutely fucking nothing, in this case, 200k signing there on a moment of rage, doesn't actually mean that 200k people would actually buy a WoW vanilla subscription for like 1 year or 2 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    The so called "progression" on Nost is pure shit. If you release the shit gear from the beginning, while using the same spells and client from 1-2 years later, you don't have any meaningful "progression". There's nothing "blizzlike". In fact, there's very few things "blizzlike" on these servers (and I played on some of them), almost everything is DIFFERENT. For example, the mobs are placed "somewhat" where they should, but they suffer from retardness, most patrols don't work, respawn timers are shit, los issues everywhere. On Nost for example, at some point there were like 20 Stitches in the same place, imagine my surprise when I tried to kite it
    No logic in here please. They don't like it.

It's odd to see how many of these people against the idea have been shutdown, then ignore the thread for a few pages, then come back with the same stuff they were already shutdown on. It's like a massive circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    There are literally thounds of other servers. Just ask goolge
    That's true, but to really enjoy private classic realms you need a thriving community, which is one of the reasons I don't play them all the time, it's also one of the reasons I enjoy the beginning of each expansion, it feels like everyone is back and playing with great enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    That's true, but to really enjoy private classic realms you need a thriving community, which is one of the reasons I don't play them all the time, it's also one of the reasons I enjoy the beginning of each expansion, it feels like everyone is back and playing with great enthusiasm.
    obviously you never played Nostralius. it was pretty packed. my guild had regular events. all in all it had everything wow does not

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    It's odd to see how many of these people against the idea have been shutdown, then ignore the thread for a few pages, then come back with the same stuff they were already shutdown on. It's like a massive circle jerk.
    I don't think anyone is really "against it"... it seems just highly unlikely it would be actually worth doing it. Even If I would love..and I mean LOVE to have one of these servers, I have to actually agree that this Vanilla wow server is overhyped as hell.

Holy fucking shit. Blizzard has censored every thread about legacy servers on the forums. Anyone find that disgusting?

I hope someone brings this up at a Q&A at some point. Talking about official blizzard vanilla servers isnt against the rules is it?

Why is this odd?
    It has been nothing but circle jerking (from both sides) since page 1.

But it's cute how you think anyone has actually been "shotdown" (except for the server of course) in this massive jerk fest.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Why is this odd?

But it's cute how you think anyone has actually been "shotdown" (except for the server of course) in this massive jerk fest.
    21k posts all saying the same thing, following the same circle

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Holy fucking shit. Blizzard has censored every thread about legacy servers on the forums. Anyone find that disgusting?

I hope someone brings this up at a Q&A at some point. Talking about official blizzard vanilla servers isnt against the rules is it?
    If someone does ask the question, and they say no (again), will you let it rest?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    21k posts all saying the same thing, following the same circle
    Reminds me of that whoie flying debate way back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tasuyoshi View Post
    Look at what happened to this server tons of accounts gone. I really wouldn't like that if it happened to a server that I am playing so the best for now is to wait if blizzard gives us love.
    Nost was hosted in France - other private servers hosted in countries with less reach from Blizzard - just need to do some research before joining

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Reminds me of that whoie flying debate way back
    That's the way all threads work in pretty much any Internet based forum. No one bothers to search back to see if the matter has been discussed already. Everyone thinks THEIR voice NEEDS to be HEARD. Right NOW.

It's the old "someone on the Internet is wrong" debate. https://xkcd.com/386/

I don't understand why there's so much discussion going on about this and why people think Blizzard is wrong. It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, it was their work on vanilla, so yeah, abusing them is illegal. Wether it had 800k players, or 100 players, it's illegal. End of story.

If someone does ask the question, and they say no (again), will you let it rest?
    To be fair, Blizzard have said no to many other things before, and eventually caved in. They go where the money is.
    Everything else is just talk and is not written in concrete.
    Who would have thought back in the day that Blizzard would make gold buying official? (token)
    This is just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I don't think anyone is really "against it"... it seems just highly unlikely it would be actually worth doing it. Even If I would love..and I mean LOVE to have one of these servers, I have to actually agree that this Vanilla wow server is overhyped as hell.
    You must be new to thread. People blatantly against it just because (nothing to support their view).

10+ Year Old Account
    They know legacy servers would kill off the remaining playerbase of the regular expansions. That's the only rational argument against legacy.

Why is this odd?

Nope. people definitely have, they are just choosing to ignore it at this point. Matter of fact, to the point where they started attacking Mark instead of providing anymore arguments.

I'm actually surprised the thread hasn't gotten closed yet with how many time the people against the idea have personally attacked someone in this thread to be honest. Maybe it has to do with they somehow turn it around to make us look like the problem.

What's even worse, is because of this thread I've seen people who are for legacy servers in this thread get attacked by it in other threads not even relevant.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-24 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    I don't understand why there's so much discussion going on about this and why people think Blizzard is wrong. It's their game, they can do whatever they want with it, it was their work on vanilla, so yeah, abusing them is illegal. Wether it had 800k players, or 100 players, it's illegal. End of story.
    thats not the topic of this thread, its about blizzard making Legacy/ progresive servers ... but keep being an ignorant ...

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    Most players, including Nos players, dont think blizzard is wrong for shutting them down, its their right to do so. The entire argument for legacy servers is being made now because the vast majority of people that do play on private servers want official legacies from Blizzard, so we can all play the game that we like from the company that made the game.

There is a lot of discussion now because at no other time has there been the sheer numbers behind a push for legacies. You also have to mute out the people on both sides that are doing nothing but arguing, bitching and complaining because those people dont represent the majority. The vast majority of Nos players arent here posting or on the official forums posting, they are rerolling on other private servers. There are literally hundreds of other servers to go to of all kinds.

We also have to understand blizzard didnt shut this server down because it was making money, were worried they would lose their "copyright"(worst argument ever), they werent protecting an ip or any of the other retarded bs people are arguing about. It was simply because the server got way to big and well known through social media. I mean both servers had bigger population's than most live servers so they had to do something I guess.