Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    In the theory of relativity, time dilation is a difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from a gravitational mass or masses.

Key word: Theory

Time affects everyone, so going by your theory - humans can speed up time for everyone. Damn son, I can speed up the time you're wasting on me.
    Theory in scientific terms doesn't mean a guess or simply an idea. A theory in science is factual and supported by testing and observation. It is not the same as when someone is wondering something and says "I have a theory!" The theory of relativity is a scientifically accepted fact.

Deleted
    Physics in World of Warcraft means that the Demon Hunters fight half-naked because that's makes them super fast and using the most unpractional type of weapon that mankind could imagine in dual wield, a form of combat that just doesn't works.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres a shit ton of ways for species to become long lived. night elves live way longer than trolls just sitting next to magic, the nether is full of magic
    There is a certain word for such writing.

I think its "tripe".

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    There is a certain word for such writing.

I think its "tripe".
    except its already something established in warcraft for years now and we have 0 context for alleria and turalyons situation other than that theyre probably in the nether and part of some sort of interdimensional army.

their long lives could be tech based, could be magic based, could simply be due to overexposure to the magic of the nether, we see how simply being around the nether can mutate and change life in a couple years on outland who knows what longer exposure can do to things.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    except its already something established in warcraft for years now and we have 0 context for alleria and turalyons situation other than that theyre probably in the nether and part of some sort of interdimensional army.

their long lives could be tech based, could be magic based, could simply be due to overexposure to the magic of the nether, we see how simply being around the nether can mutate and change life in a couple years on outland who knows what longer exposure can do to things.
    I never knew that Outland had such influence
    could you give me some examples !!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    But 1000 years for them would still mean that tyralyon should be pile of ash at this point.

That's super nice and convenient. Were they granted cyber-augumentations, behelit, and talking dog too ?
    THE BEHELIT! OF COURSE THE EGG OF THE GOLDEN KING! Turyalon is the next Godhand. We have all come full circle, and know the folly of your existence!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I never knew that Outland had such influence
    could you give me some examples !!?
    Compare the AU Draenor animals to their Outland/Twisting Nether counterparts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    THE BEHELIT! Compare the AU Draenor animals to their Outland/Twisting Nether counterparts.
    isn't that because the fel-magic used by Ner'zul and Gul'dan !?
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

No it doesn't. Time is time, a progression of instants.
    Actually to hear them say it...the twisting nether is timeless. I won't try explain that, as the burden of proof is on Blizzard for that tidbit.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

isn't that because the fel-magic used by Ner'zul and Gul'dan !?
    some of it was, but alot of it was due to the fact outland got transferred into the nether

- - - Updated - - -

a blood elf also comments on this when you first arrive, saying "the air here is filled with magic"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I once had a discussion with friends about my Headcanon and how I would have loved to write Arator as a Character. I think his background could be used for a really interesting character. In my Headcanon, I wanted to portray Arator as a deepy disrupted Character with serious Issues because of his Background. Someone who grew up pretty alone without a real family or parental love and protection, while being always reminded what big heroes his parents were. Someone who had never experienced a normal childhood, but never had the possibility to express his frustration and loneliness because his Parents were fucking martyrs for the people around him. In my Version, Arator was someone who never could build up a own idendity or personality. As Half-Elf he lacked a place, a culture were he truly belonged into, while most people just want to force him to follow his parents footsteps, the High Elves want to see him as a new Alleria, as a Windrunner while the Humans want to see him as a new Turalyon, so he was pretty much forced to grow into Turalyon and Alleria in one person, an expectation nobody could really endure. In my Headcanon, he was a person who truly lacked a own idendity, who grew up to be a empty inside man, until the points were even his feelings towards his Parents are twisted. Some Part of him adores them and wants to be like them, satisfy everyones expectation, while one part of him deeply hates them, for being the shadow above him that puts him in chains and another part just wishing to have a normal, loving family like everyone else. Someone who belongs to many sides and to none of them at the same time and detects that that could give him access to his own unique Path. Someone who, because he is empty, can become everybody he needs to be and goes his own unique Path as a Paladin who doesn't follow a strict code of honor or morals as a Paladin but instead becomes whatever he is needed to become at the, Arthas or Tirion, Silver Hand or Blood Knight, someone who can make every sacrifice needed for the greater good because he has nothing that holds him, someone whose goal to fight for others come from his dificit as indiviual person and the wish to give his own life a meaning and finds personal freedom in the decision to be whatever he needs to be, instead of what others want him to be.

But yeah, that's just a Headcannon I once had, because I thought such a Anti-Hero Paladin could be interesting.
    There's no distinction between Blood Knight and Paladin anymore, unfortunately. Liadrin forbids the Blood Knights from drawing their Light powers from the Sunwell, so that means the only possible way they're able to use Light now is by being good little human paladins with green eyes and long ears.

So Blizzard pretty much neutered them. It's what they always do.

They liked anti-heroes and people with questionable backgrounds up until WotLK (or maybe 2.4).

Then they just made everyone become a super duper Light thing, like making Illidan a super saiyan angel thing.

Now the only use they have for anti-heroes and questionable characters is to have them be punching bags. Like killing the Scarlet Crusade for good for the fourth time now (Beating the Scarlet Onslaught after the Scarlet Crusade was obliterated in the Death Knight starting zone, turning them all into The Risen then killing them all in Cataclysm, Scarlet Monastery in MoP, and now the Death Knights doing it again).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    There's no distinction between Blood Knight and Paladin anymore, unfortunately. Liadrin forbids the Blood Knights from drawing their Light powers from the Sunwell, so that means the only possible way they're able to use Light now is by being good little human paladins with green eyes and long ears.

So Blizzard pretty much neutered them. It's what they always do.

They liked anti-heroes and people with questionable backgrounds up until WotLK (or maybe 2.4).

Then they just made everyone become a super duper Light thing, like making Illidan a super saiyan angel thing.

Now the only use they have for anti-heroes and questionable characters is to have them be punching bags. Like killing the Scarlet Crusade for good for the fourth time now (Beating the Scarlet Onslaught after the Scarlet Crusade was obliterated in the Death Knight starting zone, turning them all into The Risen then killing them all in Cataclysm, Scarlet Monastery in MoP, and now the Death Knights doing it again).
    The whole Lore has become World of Progressive 21st Century Moralscraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Wait, where did that happen?
    The only thing I could find was that they are not allowed to "steal" it, instead they basically have to "ask" for the power.
    https://twitter.com/CrackAlecIn/stat...85372107419648

Everyone is humans now.

They can draw from the Sunwell to get their Light powers, thus saving a ton of precious time otherwise spent on their knees praying on the opposite side of the world from the Broken Isles where their strength is sorely needed, buuuuuuut that would hurt the Light's feelings. It's a much better idea to waste all your time praying for your powers when you can just have Jessica Chambers bring down a tray of a bunch of little Dixie paper cups, each containing a little bit of Sunwell water, then your Blood Knight Highlord of the Silver Hand orders you to stand, line up, and drink your Sunwell water, then get your butt back out there to kill the Legion.

It's ridiculous, and it's that exact thing of putting morals before what's really important (killing the Legion before they destroy all life on Azeroth) that almost wiped out all the Blood Elves, who would have died to the Scourge if they'd gone without mana and shivered on the ground defenseless and weak.

But I suppose that if the Blood Knights remained their normal badass selves, doing whatever they deemed necessary to protect their people (which in this case would also benefit all of Azeroth, as their enemy is the Legion), and the Tauren remained their normal Tauren selves, not having to follow a code of ethics beyond valuing honor, and doing whatever it is that keeps the Sun happy so they can keep their powers, then players would be like "Why the heck are they wasting their time sitting around waiting for the humans, dwarves, and Draenei to finish praying?"

*Tauren become paladins and priests to balance out the worship of the Moon that's been leaking into Tauren culture. Two years later, Blizzard forgets all that and has Tauren worship the Light, having the humans teach them the "right" way to be a paladin, as if that's what the Sunwalkers are.*
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-04-24 at 05:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/CrackAlecIn/stat...85372107419648

Everyone is humans now.

They can draw from the Sunwell to get their Light powers, thus saving a ton of precious time otherwise spent on their knees praying on the opposite side of the world from the Broken Isles where their strength is sorely needed, buuuuuuut that would hurt the Light's feelings. It's a much better idea to waste all your time praying for your powers when you can just have Jessica Chambers bring down a tray of a bunch of little Dixie paper cups, each containing a little bit of Sunwell water, then your Blood Knight Highlord of the Silver Hand orders you to stand, line up, and drink your Sunwell water, then get your butt back out there to kill the Legion.

It's ridiculous, and it's that exact thing of putting morals before what's really important (killing the Legion before they destroy all life on Azeroth) that almost wiped out all the Blood Elves, who would have died to the Scourge if they'd gone without mana and shivered on the ground defenseless and weak.

But I suppose that if the Blood Knights remained their normal badass selves, doing whatever they deemed necessary to protect their people (which in this case would also benefit all of Azeroth, as their enemy is the Legion), and the Tauren remained their normal Tauren selves, not having to follow a code of ethics beyond valuing honor, and doing whatever it is that keeps the Sun happy so they can keep their powers, then players would be like "Why the heck are they wasting their time sitting around waiting for the humans, dwarves, and Draenei to finish praying?"

*Tauren become paladins and priests to balance out the worship of the Moon that's been leaking into Tauren culture. Two years later, Blizzard forgets all that and has Tauren worship the Light, having the humans teach them the "right" way to be a paladin, as if that's what the Sunwalkers are.*
    all this make so little sense to me

all this make so little sense to me
    What do you need clarification on?

The Blood Knights used to not have to follow any rules or "be good" basically for their powers, like human, dwarf, and draenei paladins. Those three had to be "worthy" of its powers to use them. The Blood Knights used to steal the power by siphoning it from the captured Naaru M'uru, until Kael'thas stole it and took it to the Sunwell Plateau. After they defeated Kil'jaeden, the Blood Knights used the Light from the Sunwell for a while, until whenever that tweet became canon.

Now the only possible way Blood Knights can be using the Light must be if they're being good little bland boring lawful good human mary sues.

And Tauren Sunwalkers aren't paladins lorewise. They're more like sun druids, and they were founded because Aponi Brightmane, their leader, saw that the Night Elves' worship of Elune (the moon) was leaking into Tauren culture through their involvement in the Cenarion Circle. She thought that balance was the natural order of things, so the Tauren should start worshipping the Sun more often. So, she formed the Sunwalkers, which are sun druids doing their sun worshipping thing.

For the sake of gameplay, however, they're paladins and priests.

So, the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers originally didn't have to follow any boring code of ethics like the human paladins, thus making them unique and interesting.

Then Blizzard neuters the Blood Knights by making them boring human paladins, just with long ears, green eyes, and red and black gear.

Then Blizzard neuters the Tauren Sunwalkers by having them be like "Oh, the human paladins really know what they're doing. Their way of doing things looks a lot better than ours. Let's abandon our way of doing things in favor of the human way of doing things."

Blizzard is so desperate to squish everyone into human buildings and human clothes and make everyone out to be the humans' students.

Humans used to be described in WoW as "jack of all trades, master of none." But now it's "master of all trades, and everyone else who does something remotely similar has to see their way as inferior and learn from us, thus making us out to look better by having everyone else say we are."

It's incredibly dull and frustrating to have Blizzard be putting all their not-so-creative effort toward the most boring and bland of all the races in this fantasy game. Humans. And always be making all the other races out to be incompetent or inferior, to make the humans look better by comparison. It's really the only thing they use any of the other races for nowadays. Making them be either subservient to or dependent on the humans.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-04-24 at 08:57 AM.

It's incredibly dull and frustrating to have Blizzard be putting all their not-so-creative effort toward the most boring and bland of all the classes in this fantasy game. Humans. And always be making all the other races out to be incompetent or inferior, to make the humans look better by comparison. It's really the only thing they use any of the other races for nowadays. Making them be either subservient to or dependent on the humans.
    This has been a really frustrating part of lore recently. The human favoritism has been slowly ruining the rest of the races in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This has been a really frustrating part of lore recently. The human favoritism has been slowly ruining the rest of the races in the game.
    Yup. Especially Demon Hunters being like "SURE, KHADGAR! WE'D LOVE TO GO WORK FOR YOU HUMAN MAGES IN YOUR HUMAN CITY WHEN THE LAST TIME WE WERE THERE, YOU ALL SAT BACK ON YOUR LAURELS EATING POPCORN WHILE GARITHOS WAS ABOUT TO EXECUTE US!!!"

7+ Year Old Account
    In the theory of relativity, time dilation is a difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from a gravitational mass or masses.

Key word: Theory

Time affects everyone, so going by your theory - humans can speed up time for everyone. Damn son, I can speed up the time you're wasting on me.
    gravity is a theory too.... but nah fuck that, it doesent exist, fuck that shit

Deleted
    What do you need clarification on?

The Blood Knights used to not have to follow any rules or "be good" basically for their powers, like human, dwarf, and draenei paladins. Those three had to be "worthy" of its powers to use them. The Blood Knights used to steal the power by siphoning it from the captured Naaru M'uru, until Kael'thas stole it and took it to the Sunwell Plateau. After they defeated Kil'jaeden, the Blood Knights used the Light from the Sunwell for a while, until whenever that tweet became canon.

Now the only possible way Blood Knights can be using the Light must be if they're being good little bland boring lawful good human mary sues.
    The light only requires that the user thinks their cause righteous, hence the scarlet crusade being able to use the light to literally torture.

The light isnt sentient, the naaru are, and they can grant light imbued powers to lesser beings.

But paladins and priests dont need to pray for their power, they do because its their religion, but it's just a another source of magic.

Arcane requires order and structure to work, Fel is fueled by corrupting life energy, Void slowly corrupts the user and so forth.
    Light requires the user to believe their cause right and just, it doesnt actually have to be.

So please, dont make up random bullshit just because you dont like the direction the lore is taking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yup. Especially Demon Hunters being like "SURE, KHADGAR! WE'D LOVE TO GO WORK FOR YOU HUMAN MAGES IN YOUR HUMAN CITY WHEN THE LAST TIME WE WERE THERE, YOU ALL SAT BACK ON YOUR LAURELS EATING POPCORN WHILE JAINA WAS ABOUT TO EXECUTE US!!!"
    I laughed so hard

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    The light only requires that the user thinks their cause righteous, hence the scarlet crusade being able to use the light to literally torture.

The light isnt sentient, the naaru are, and they can grant light imbued powers to lesser beings.

But paladins and priests dont need to pray for their power, they do because its their religion, but it's just a another source of magic.

Arcane requires order and structure to work, Fel is fueled by corrupting life energy, Void slowly corrupts the user and so forth.
    Light requires the user to believe their cause right and just, it doesnt actually have to be.

So please, dont make up random bullshit just because you dont like the direction the lore is taking.
    Yeah, not sure what that guy is talking about but you don't have to "be good" to use the Light at all. The Light doesn't discriminate when it comes to who it bestows its power to. The only criteria is that you believe in it.

Believe in the Light, but want to use it to kill all non-believers (Scarlet Crusade)? Good to go.
    Believe in the Light, but interpret it as the left eye of the Earthmother? No worries.
    Believe in the Light, but think it's comes from freaky crystal aliens? That's a-ok.
    Believe in the Light, even though your body is being puppeted around by the Lich King? You can still be a Paladin, Zeliek.

Seriously, the Light isn't sentient and doesn't even give a shit about whether your beliefs are 'right' before granting you it's strength. The only condition is that you have faith in pretty much anything that could be the Light.