Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    If you have a young daughter or when she was young and you were the only one with her. Who took her into the restroom? If you are like me, then I did it until she was like 8 or 10 years old and then I stood outside the door to the restroom until she came out. This way I would see exactly every person coming and going into the restroom.

If you were not doing this or are not doing this, than no law is going to protect your daughter, like you will be able to do standing by the door while she take less than 5 minutes to go to the bathroom. This here is called being a parent to your child, something a lot of people, even christian types don't do very well.

These laws are not designed to keep the perverts out, but they are designed to further marginalize people that make up less than .03 of the US population. Being a conservative means you are against further legislation, create bigger government, making unjust laws, etc. The conservatives have been beating Obama over the head for 7 years for making up laws, as he goes along. Yet the conservatives with their high and moral whatever want to do the same to a very small piece of the populous.
    Amen brother.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I already explained. You are now simply playing at being ignorant in order to draw out an argument.
    You explained, and I told you why your explanation is worthless. You can't just revert to arguments that have already been dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense. I am glad that we usually have stall walls that either go down to the floor entirely, or end just shortly above it. For the simple reason that I like having my privacy while being in a public restroom - I'd feel super weird if there was this huge gap.

But that's the thing: It doesn't really happen. It's basically unheard of that someone is abusing a non-discrimination rule like that.
    I bet that a lot more actual Trans people are getting harmed because they have to use the bathroom according to the gender on their birth certificate (for example) than Cis men abusing it in order to peek on women. Especially in the US.
    no super weird is when the person the stale next to you drops their phone or something and it slides into your stale.... O.O

as for the second part it has happened, Seattle had a news report of a guy that went into the woman's locker room at a public pool and just sat there and when asked to leave he said he didn't have to, so yes it's prob few and far between but it does happen. I'm also dang sure it would/will be more wide spread in the middle school / high school levels. Like hell you mean i can go shower with my g/f if i say i'm a girl today to.. hell yeah. or damn it that girl rejected me let me slip a camera with me and get some pics for revenge (something that already happens) Kids at that level aren't in the right mindset yet to handle co-gender showers/rooms. Hence the 3 room option.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I am not triggered. I was simply offering advice as I received scrap bot spam and a ban for doing the very same thing recently.
    Yeah I'm sure that's what happened, but you should know that discussing moderation is against the forums rules so watch yourself.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I see your point. Obviously we should also make it law that women can't go out at night. It's for their safety.
    That's a horrible analogy, and a strawman.

When have I claimed that I wanted to keep women from using public bathrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I didn't know you had the authority to speak for all women. But in the vast majority of human history, males and females peed side by side. Even if woman do by and large feel too insecure to share a bathroom with males, it's an irrational insecurity.
    Like I told the other guy a few pages back, why is sexual harassment only ignored by you guys when it's convenient? Its' prevalence is detrimental to your cause in this case, so now you're belittling the extent of such incidents. I'm not calling every man a rapist, but I know for a fact that a lot of women (in Sweden, mind you. I have not spoken to American women) would feel very uncomfortable sharing public bathrooms with men, especially at clubs and airports.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    You explained, and I told you why your explanation is worthless. You can't just revert to arguments that have already been dismissed.
    He can try though and he shall

To use conservative logic on guns. Bad guys will always get guns even if there are laws in place banning guns. Newsflash: Sexual deviants are not going to be stopped by laws telling them which bathroom they can and can't go into, they intended to break the law that has a consequence of 20 years, not sure they are going to give a fuck about a sign that is merely a suggestion.

Also, again, transgender is not a sexual deviancy, it is a mental disorder called gender dysphoria and has nothing to do with sex in the way that most of you fools think. It is gender related, not sexual intercourse related.

This entire thing is such a non-issue for people that it isn't even funny. But hey lets worry about this instead of Climate Change, War, economic inequality, the shambles that healthcare is in all around, or criminal law reform. Lets be consider about pissing and shitting.

until you hold some form of authority over everyone else to enforce your personal viewpoint your personal dismissal of any fact is merely an opinion like everyone else's. so please take a moment and get over yourself.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If you can not tell what 99% of what transgender people's actual gender is you are either blind or lying to yourself.

Again lets put this into perspective is it wrong to not want a grown man in a washroom alone with young girls?

Make your case.
    There will be no case made. Just a statement of how they feel.....and they will call you a bigot and walk off like they won the argument.

I still haven't figured out why everyone is bending over backwards just so less than 1% of the population doesn't get their feelings hurt.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been, sure. I use urinals, because I don't care if someone sees my dick. For stalls, put some doors on. Do women's bathrooms not have doors on their stalls already?

What's the problem here, exactly?
    There are several business around me that have bathrooms like this. We dont need people of opposite sex in these bathrooms

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    While part of it is, indeed, catering for transgenders, I think it is bigger than that. It is realizing that gender segregation, as all other kinds of segregation, should go away in the modern society, in as many manifestations as possible. But even regardless of that, I don't think someone's discomfort around others should lead to any kind of preemptive measures against the latter.

Imagine me making the following argument. I say, "I feel uncomfortable around black people in bathrooms. I don't want black people to be in the same bathroom as me. Don't let black people into men's restrooms. Either let them into women's, or make a separate restroom for them." How do you think this argument would be received? Now, replace 'black' with 'transgender' - and you will see the complications.
    I was thinking about this exact argument when trying to word my response. The problem is, I don't equate ethnicity with gender identification, not even remotely. We could use the same argument you gave, but with the context of women's restrooms, and replace "black" with "men". Segregation isn't always oppressive. We haven't had gender binary bathrooms all these years to oppress one of the genders.

The issue is still there. We are only changing this to cater to one group of people, and make them feel more comfortable with complete disregard to how others feel. I don't think people are monsters for feeling more comfortable going to the restroom in an area exclusive to their gender.

I am still somewhat on the fence, I can sympathize with both sides, but I still have an issue with, what I feel, is a decision to cater to one group of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    That's a horrible analogy, and a strawman.

When have I claimed that I wanted to keep women from using public bathrooms?
    It's your analogy

"Why would women feel insecure simply because they go for a walk outside at 11 PM? Would nature hurt them?"

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    its not actually the trans people that this law was supposed to support that are already being the problem, its the pedos and creepers that are abusing this law because all they have to do is say they're trans without showing any kind of proof that they actually are and no one can tell them no without being labeled a bigot or whatever

this law is hurting the trans people more than it is helping them
    This is the reason you take your small children to the bathroom and not just let them go in alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    There are several business around me that have bathrooms like this. We dont need people of opposite sex in these bathrooms

We don't need bathrooms like that period.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    ... for allowing transgender people to use the bathroom that fits their gender identity.

No seriously, I couldn't be making this up. But I'm confused, don't conservatives already boycott target, since it's a middle-class version of their more favored Wal-Mart?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurahel.../#1b33ae451e50
    I've been boycotting Target for years anyway. They are too expensive and they just piss me off in general. So w/e. I hope they go out of business.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    This entire thing is such a non-issue for people that it isn't even funny. But hey lets worry about this instead of Climate Change, War, economic inequality, the shambles that healthcare is in all around, or criminal law reform. Lets be consider about pissing and shitting.
    It's just another dog-and-pony show for the Republican base. The mass voter disenfranchisement and gerrymandering aren't enough for them to retain their power so they are doubling-down on the bigotry in a desperate attempt to rile up their aging, addled voting base.

It's what's referred to openly by conservatives themselves as the Southern Strategy.

Some cultured positions are unreasonable. Others are not. It's my belief that some countries do cater too much to cultural diversity, even if it's objectively destructive.
    It seems like a very subjective categorization to me that only some cultured positions are unreasonable. Who decides which are and which aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that's what happened, but you should know that discussing moderation is against the forums rules so watch yourself.
    responded to privately.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

Do you live in a 3rd world area?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Banning guns does nothing because criminals will still get them since they don't care about the law. This law only hurts innocents.

Wait sorry, wrong argument.

Banning creepers from entering the restroom will do nothing because creepers don't care about the law. All this law does is hurt innocents.

I'm bored and curious how many pages this thread makes it :3
    You are my new hero.