Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    You misunderstand me pompous one, I don't mind having to be good at something I'd just rather it being something I'd enjoy rather than something I don't. Also being hardcore at something doesn't equate to good it just means I put a lot of time into it, but please continue to read things that aren't there.
    Im not pompous at all actually but whatever.
    So let me get this straight,you don't enjoy something,you don't wanna do it, but you feel like you deserve the reward and think you're entitled to it ..did i get that right?

Lol if you think they won't resuse the Yeti Skin elsewhere.

Those infernal mounts will be everywhere in different colors, some with armor and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster View Post
    Im not pompous at all actually but whatever.
    So let me get this straight,you don't enjoy something,you don't wanna do it, but you feel like you deserve the reward and think you're entitled to it ..did i get that right?
    You're continuing to prove that and that you aren't very good at reading.

I've only stated I wish a variant of the infernal mounts could be earned via other means I did not voice I want all of them for nothing, all I stated is I'd rather they were not solely rewards of pvp which doesn't say I want them for nothing. You are adding those things to help elevate yourself into a position of superiority.

The metro sexual goats they showed were pretty awful. Hopefully those go in the bin and they dig up some other mount ideas or ones that never went live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    You're continuing to prove that and that you aren't very good at reading.

I've only stated I wish a variant of the infernal mounts could be earned via other means I did not voice I want all of them for nothing, all I stated is I'd rather they were not solely rewards of pvp which doesn't say I want them for nothing. You are adding those things to help elevate yourself into a position of superiority.
    No,i just feel like some rewards should be unique like they used to be.Better things for better people,thats it.

So I am going to have to hardcore pvp to get the infernal mounts? /sigh
    They'll likely add a recolor to one of the Glory of the Raider metas.

No,i just feel like some rewards should be unique
    This should have been your original statement instead of assuming I am against effort when there was nothing about that in my post. Do the world a favor and next time don't make presumptions.

Deleted
    But isn't THAT the point in the gladiator mount? You are good enough to get gladiator title,you get a mount, you're not good enough? well tough luck ,learn how to pvp.
    This is what the game had before, unique loot that not every1 could have and that was the beauty of it.
    If you're a casual,don't expect to have the same rewards as every1 else...it's really not fair to the people who actually try to be better
    The mount that drops from mythic is still there for everyone even after the raid isn't relevant. Should that mean that no one else should even have a chance to farm it, I raid mythic, it is what i enjoy. But even a pvp'er can get that mount rather easy later on. Why should the gladiator mount (gladiator being the pvp equivalent of mythic) be different? How it was in the past the gladiator mounts were cooler looking reskins of others.

So far we only know that the infernal is just for gladiators, and will be unobtainable at a certain point and you can't even farm it, no matter how dedicated you are, you might never ever get it. I'm not saying I would not be able to get to gladiator (i doubt i could) but doing pvp for months and then at the end not being in the top 0.5% feels like a kick in the balls for someone that would rather do something else.

And what about people that would break their arm or other things that cause them not able to participate without it being their fault will never even get that mount in any way.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be something that you require skill for but making it time limited, requiring to have a decent comp and needing a certain amount of skill from yourself and the people you play with is just too much work if you just want that cool looking mount. There is just no way to grind it or outgear it and some people can't even try to get it cause they don't have anyone to get it with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    Lol if you think they won't resuse the Yeti Skin elsewhere.

Those infernal mounts will be everywhere in different colors, some with armor and some without.
    They changed the skeleton. It doesn't use the yeti skeleton anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    They changed the skeleton. It doesn't use the yeti skeleton anymore.
    Huh really? Do you happen to have a link?

I hope they will release at least one version of those mounts to non-pvp-ers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    The mount that drops from mythic is still there for everyone even after the raid isn't relevant. Should that mean that no one else should even have a chance to farm it, I raid mythic, it is what i enjoy. But even a pvp'er can get that mount rather easy later on. Why should the gladiator mount (gladiator being the pvp equivalent of mythic) be different? How it was in the past the gladiator mounts were cooler looking reskins of others.

So far we only know that the infernal is just for gladiators, and will be unobtainable at a certain point and you can't even farm it, no matter how dedicated you are, you might never ever get it. I'm not saying I would not be able to get to gladiator (i doubt i could) but doing pvp for months and then at the end not being in the top 0.5% feels like a kick in the balls for someone that would rather do something else.

And what about people that would break their arm or other things that cause them not able to participate without it being their fault will never even get that mount in any way.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be something that you require skill for but making it time limited, requiring to have a decent comp and needing a certain amount of skill from yourself and the people you play with is just too much work if you just want that cool looking mount. There is just no way to grind it or outgear it and some people can't even try to get it cause they don't have anyone to get it with.
    The fact that the mounts and drops from mythic are there for everyone after it's irrelevent IS A BIG PROBLEM and they should change that. That's what im trying to say. Make rewards unique for pvp and pve.
    You need a mount from mythic raids? well then you should require a pve guild and not be able to get it from pugs and then REMOVE it after raid is irrelevant.
    You need a mount from pvp? then you should be good enough to get rating.
    It's how it used to be,it's why the game was so acclaimed and praised for at it's time in vanilla/tbc/wotlk, hardcore rewards for hardcore people.

Deleted
    The fact that the mounts and drops from mythic are there for everyone after it's irrelevent IS A BIG PROBLEM and they should change that. That's what im trying to say. Make rewards unique for pvp and pve.
    You need a mount from mythic raids? well then you should require a pve guild and not be able to get it from pugs and then REMOVE it after raid is irrelevant.
    You need a mount from pvp? then you should be good enough to get rating.
    It's how it used to be,it's why the game was so acclaimed and praised for at it's time in vanilla/tbc/wotlk, hardcore rewards for hardcore people.
    But you aren't taking into account people that might be good enough to get those things but didn't have the chance to earn them when it was available.
    At the very least those that couldn't get it for whatever reason should be able to spend a lot of time to get it afterwards. People should be doing the content because they enjoy it not to prove they are better at something by getting 15 different rewards that shows they are. that's why there are achievements. When the content is current, those that are good enough will still have the bragging rights because they get it a year earlier so it is not like they lose their moment of fame.

I'm not saying that everything should be given to someone because they pay the same subscription or whatever some people use as an excuse to make everything easier. Things like the warlock green fire quest line is a great example of something that shows skill, it should instead have been something that should have stayed in the game and that scales people to a certain ilvl and spells that was used then.

But pvp gladiator mounts just require too much for someone that isn't a dedicated pvper to set their mind to. They could just make the mount available 2 expansions later with an achievement to win 5000 arena games or something. At the very least you have a goal to aim for at some point in the future.

Vanilla didn't even have any hardcore rewards at all though i guess there was the honor ranks, but that was hardly a show of skill and a very annoying system.
    Last edited by mmoc911be2cf14; 2016-04-24 at 04:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    Huh really? Do you happen to have a link?
    "Equip" it in the Wowhead changing room. ( can't grab the link on mobile)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    But you aren't taking into account people that might be good enough to get those things but didn't have the chance to earn them when it was available.
    At the very least those that couldn't get it for whatever reason should be able to spend a lot of time to get it afterwards. People should be doing the content because they enjoy it not to prove they are better at something by getting 15 different rewards that shows they are. that's why there are achievements. When the content is current, those that are good enough will still have the bragging rights because they get it a year earlier so it is not like they lose their moment of fame.

I'm not saying that everything should be given to someone because they pay the same subscription or whatever some people use as an excuse to make everything easier. Things like the warlock green fire quest line is a great example of something that shows skill, it should instead have been something that should have stayed in the game and that scales people to a certain ilvl and spells that was used then.

But pvp gladiator mounts just require too much for someone that isn't a dedicated pvper to set their mind to. They could just make the mount available 2 expansions later with an achievement to win 5000 arena games or something. At the very least you have a goal to aim for at some point in the future.

Vanilla didn't even have any hardcore rewards at all though i guess there was the honor ranks, but that was hardly a show of skill and a very hated system.
    While everything you say here would be fair to people who didn't get the chance(even tho if they were good,theres no reason NOT to have the chance when seasons are around 4 months long lol) it's not fair to the other side...the people who earned it at the right time, if you understand what im trying to say.
    I for one would be really pissed if i saw some1 with wrathful dragon because he won an x number of arena games,when i spent hundreds of hours improving and beating good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    "Equip" it in the Wowhead changing room. ( can't grab the link on mobile)
    Nice, looking much better.

Yeah, there is no way this will be PvP exclusive.

Deleted
    I've never PvP'd a day in my life in a serious way, and I hope to god that it is a PvP exclusive skin. There's nothing cooler than something being unattainable for certain people or just outright rare. It's not really about myself, or what I want, because if I or anyone wants a certain mount they should go get it. If it's not available, then that's just the way it is.

It's very easy I think to say "just ignore what other people have, concentrate on yourself." And that's fine if you believe that/feel like that. But a lot of people like to show off and be proud of their achievements, and when I was a new player, nothing was better than seeing something and wondering what I'd have to to do to get it.

So yeah. I hate PvP, I'll never get it, I believe Blizzard should just put more unique rewards for doing all sorts, from achievements to pet battles to arena to raiding. Like "The Insane" title. Just even a lot of effort. And if you can't get something because you're not in that "scene", just let people enjoy what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    People are unhappy about this?
    The Infernal mounts are the most bad ass mount I've ever seen in this game.
    You understand what you are riding right? Its literally a conjured demon. There is no other mount even remotely similar to this in context. The Core Hound mount is the closest, where you are riding something that has absolute opposite allegiance to you, yet you have managed to take it and make it your ride.

But what a surprise. No matter what happens in this game any more people complain.
    Want to ride a conjured demon? Roll a lock.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

PvP mounts have never been particularly unique so it would be weird if a couple infernal skins weren't available elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ormod; 2016-04-25 at 08:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    People are unhappy about this?
    The Infernal mounts are the most bad ass mount I've ever seen in this game.
    meeeh, the unicorns are better imo.
    the infernal mount is big af, i hate big mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Want to ride a conjured demon? Roll a lock.
    *summons infernal*
    "BEND OVER!"

Formerly known as Arafal