Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Totally agree. One does not have to agree with ones life style or choices, but they deserve as much respect from the law, as anyone else on the face of the planet. If people are truly concerned for their child's safety, then they need to start being the parents they signed up to be and not just there when they win football games and cheerleading competitions. Being a parent to a child does not stop at any point in their development, if they are not able to watch their child going to the bathroom or standing outside the restroom while they are going themselves, then they have no room whatsoever to complain.

Laws are made for people that obey them, like you said, they don't deter the criminal mindset that is hell bent on committing a crime in the first place.
    I've seen conservatives argue that is asking for too much.

Ironic, isn't it?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Just one more reason to shop at Target - less conservatives there.
    Well, you can buy guns and ammo at Wal-Mart so.....

And honestly, I don't use a public restroom unless I absolutely have to in which case all I care about is an open stall to drop off my super spicy coconut curry that went for a sprint through my intestinal tract.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2016-04-24 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    If I see some guy go into the women's bathroom when my daughter is in there, I will take him by the throat and throw him out of the building - if not worse.

And I don't give a shit what some detached from reality snowflake thinks about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If I see some guy go into the women's bathroom when my daughter is in there, I will take him by the throat and throw him out of the building - if not worse.

And I don't give a shit what some detached from reality snowflake thinks about it.
    Seems like the type of reasonable reaction I have come to expect from conservatives.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Not overreacting at all, are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I like how both conservative Christians and Tumblr feminists use the "all men are rapists" line of reasoning. It's pretty funny.
    Conservatives and feminists are the same breed of 'moral panic' social authoritarian on different sides of the left/right divide.
    This isn't really new to anyone who remembers the Satanic panic over DnD or all the 'video games cause violence' in the 90's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Seems like the type of reasonable reaction I have come to expect from conservatives.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over all the crying and safe spaces.

Also, I'm not a conservative. I'm a person who doesn't care whether you dress up as a girl and pretend to be one, you're going to use the guys restroom if you need to. As far as I am concerned, you can dress up in fishnets and a flower in your butt, but you're going to use the proper wc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzidu View Post
    Conservatives and feminists are the same breed of 'moral panic' social authoritarian on different sides of the left/right divide.
    In general I would agree but I would also point out that there is a very real history of violence and oppression against women, either endorsed or fully carried out by the conservative moments of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny, I was just going to say the same thing to you

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I wish people had such passion about other topics, like a kid getting raped by a priest warrants extreme action like the laws in NC and Mis.
    A lot of that gets swept under the rug in an effort to maintain a positive face on religion. It's sickening that religious asshole will go out of their way to create laws to not have to bake a cake for a homosexual couple but just pretend that pedophilia in the church isn't a much larger and serious issue.

Religion logic:

Two consenting adults of the same sex engaging in sexual intercourse needs all of our devotion and attention so we can stop these sinners.

Priests having sex with little boys is not an important issue to us. We need to keep the gays out of our stores and trans people out of our bathrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    A lot of that gets swept under the rug in an effort to maintain a positive face on religion. It's sickening that religious asshole will go out of their way to create laws to not have to bake a cake for a homosexual couple but just pretend that pedophilia in the church isn't a much larger and serious issue.

Religion logic:

Two consenting adults of the same sex engaging in sexual intercourse needs all of our devotion and attention so we can stop these sinners.

Priests having sex with little boys is not an important issue to us. We need to keep the gays out of our stores and trans people out of our bathrooms.
    Well, priests only express the will of the god, so... You can't blame them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

In general I would agree but I would also point out that there is a very real history of violence and oppression against women, either endorsed or fully carried out by the conservative moments of the time.
    Sure, but modern feminists don't give a shit about that, they're too busy trying to put fictional women in burkhas. Don't trust conservatives, don't trust feminists, they are both the enemies of freedom.

What if it's this 'guy'?

10+ Year Old Account

Religion logic:

That doesn't even touch on the fact that religious conservatives are enshrining their utter dysfunction into law, stopping loving couples from marrying even though marriage is a secular institution, making the King James Bible their state book, forcing young girls and women to carry the products of rape and incest to term, gutting medical care for the most in need, writing the founding fathers of the US out of the history books, forcing science teachers to cover fairy tales, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What if it's this 'guy'?

I can only imagine what he'd do to "his" throat but I'd bet without hesitation that it is intricately violent and graphic
    Last edited by Espe; 2016-04-24 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, priests only express the will of the god, so... You can't blame them for that.
    Don't mind me while I touch all these little boys. Just doing God's work.

Also, I'm not a conservative. I'm a person who doesn't care whether you dress up as a girl and pretend to be one, you're going to use the guys restroom if you need to. As far as I am concerned, you can dress up in fishnets and a flower in your butt, but you're going to use the proper wc.
    So it's perfectly okay for people to attack kids, so long as they only go after their own gender.

That's what I'm seeing here. You're completely fine with grown women going into the bathroom at the same time as your daughter, so you're not concerned about what they might do, and you (theoretically) wouldn't have a problem with grown men going into the bathroom at the same time as your son... so either you're fine with sexual assault as long as it's same-gender only, or you believe that no men can be trusted... or you're so biased that you think a transgendered person is automatically going to commit sexual assault just by being near your daughter.

reading some of theses posts i imagine our puritan ancestors (for america at least) beating some of that logic into someone.

stupid dark ages

are we allowed to talk about religion?

sidenote: was sooo close to post 666, dammit
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-04-24 at 06:54 PM.

That doesn't even touch on the fact that religious conservatives are enshrining their utter dysfunction into law, stopping loving couples from marrying even though marriage is a secular institution, making the King James Bible their state book, forcing young girls and women to carry the products of rape and incest to term, gutting medical care for the most in need, writing the founding fathers of the US out of the history books, forcing science teachers to cover fairy tales, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only imagine what he'd do to "his" throat but I'd bet without hesitation that it is intricately violent and graphic
    Religion is just broken and out of date at this point.

I bet he would do all kinds of things and never be the wiser. I would love to be there for the reveal just to see the look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzidu View Post
    Sure, but modern feminists don't give a shit about that, they're too busy trying to put fictional women in burkhas.
    Listen friend, the thread only needs one imaginary boogeyman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion is just broken and out of date at this point.
    I wish I could use willful ignorance as an excuse and explanation for what I believe, life would be so much simpler.

Deleted
    If you are talking about Transgender people: Depending on where you are, have fun with the police taking care of you afterwards. You are not above the law, Mr. snowflake.