Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartorius 01 View Post

you shouldn't have continued reading if u have seen spoiler tag as a first word of the title ..
    Not everyone has a field of view of 15 pixels and the processing power of a handicapped slug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    When a Titan can just grab an old god and squish him like a nasty tick, I really don't see how N'Zoth can be more powerful than the dark Titan that managed to kill all other Titans!
    You can still get infected by a "tic" even if you can crush it between your fingers. If it's mind controlling tic, with the power to corrupt and mind control, then you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    You can still get infected by a "tic" even if you can crush it between your fingers. If it's mind controlling tic, with the power to corrupt and mind control, then you are screwed.
    The only reason why the old gods where not completely killed (and with them all their nasty mind corruption powers) is that they are so deeply fused with Azeroth itself that ripping them out of the ground would kill the unborn Titan Azeroth. I don't think that Sargeras has a problem with killing Azeroth since he wants to destroy all life anyway. The moment he would arrive he would squish all old gods and then cleave Azeroth in half like he did before:

The old gods are like maggots to a titan.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fairly logical. We've been defeating old gods and minions and repelled the legion invasion before, so Blizzard needed a big bad we can deal with after we eventually deal with Sargeras. Willing to bet it will end up with N'zoth corrupting Azeroth to make the void titan (or rather the threat of it) after we deal the coup de grace to the legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always figured it would be an Old God X-pac after this, with Azshara being a Tier 1 raid boss and N'zoth being the final. I doubt we will kill Sargeras or anything this expansion, but i did like that one "leak" that someone had about a bunch of portals being opened by the Legion at the last fight, then N'zoth breaking free and devouring them to gain power and basically tricking the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I always figured it would be an Old God X-pac after this, with Azshara being a Tier 1 raid boss and N'zoth being the final. I doubt we will kill Sargeras or anything this expansion, but i did like that one "leak" that someone had about a bunch of portals being opened by the Legion at the last fight, then N'zoth breaking free and devouring them to gain power and basically tricking the Legion.
    Switch it around and it's good. Old gods have never been final bosses of an expac. They are good as the secondary villain and not the final due to not having any real personality beyond being malevolent.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Switch it around and it's good. Old gods have never been final bosses of an expac. They are good as the secondary villain and not the final due to not having any real personality beyond being malevolent.
    That's why I always felt they should actually build up the religion of the Old Gods. Give them a real mythology beyond their ancient defeat, and have that referenced. Give them a personality and individuality, and paint us a pretty picture of exactly what sort of hell we're in for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I thought they recently retconned the old gods to be minor annoyances, how would N'zoth be stronger than Sargeras? Give us a void Lord instead

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I thought they recently retconned the old gods to be minor annoyances, how would N'zoth be stronger than Sargeras? Give us a void Lord instead
    The Old Gods are hardly "minor annoyances", unless we're comparing them to huge fuckers the size of planets. However, just because N'Zoth isn't personally anywhere near as powerful as Sargeras doesn't mean that N'Zoth's release can't be the trigger for an even greater battle. If mere mortal summoners can bring in the great lords of the Burning Legion, then what sort of portal do you think a fully released Old God could conjure up?

I´m curious what is it about the Pillars of Creation... maybe some kind of device to make it possible to literally "end" demons or something... so I guess or better I hope we defeat Sargeras this expansion... I´m a little bit bored by this "threat" and hope they move on to new things (void lords?) in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Problem is Azshara is not nearly strong enough to be a final boss, N'zoth gave her all of her super powers in the first place anyways.

Problem is Azshara is not nearly strong enough to be a final boss, N'zoth gave her all of her super powers in the first place anyways.
    azshara was very powerful before the city sank
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Wasn't Azshara descibed as a being that has to cast spells permanently so the magical energy doesn't ripps her body apart, back in the Corebooks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    azshara was very powerful before the city sank
    Oh yes, but still not compared to the entities we have already faced, or to N'zoth. She would of been a better challenge to us a few expansions ago, but now as an endgame boss? She is way too underpowered.

How do you get that N'zoth will be the final boss of Legion from that quote?

And furthermore, obvious the blade wants you to face Sargeras and die. Read the flavor text on it:

"Do not put your faith in the black blade. It will deceive you. It will not be controlled."
    - - - Updated - - -

Where are you pulling that from? It quite clearly be said they she is one the level of Archimonde and KJ. And that was pre-nagafication

Oh yes, but still not compared to the entities we have already faced, or to N'zoth. She would of been a better challenge to us a few expansions ago, but now as an endgame boss? She is way too underpowered.

Lol, that's funny.

Grom was originally going to be the last boss for WoD, after an expansion with an orc empowered by an old god, and before that, deathwing.

Power levels obviously have no influence over what we face in an expansion, this isn't DBZ. We're going to Tel'abim to fight the banana people if they want us too.

Azshara empowered by N'zoth is a perfectly valid and reasonable end expansion boss.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Jesus you people sure do have a way to make mountains out of mud. A lot of you really need to learn how to seperate opinion from fact and to stop embellishing something to further your opinion, when that thing can be visibly seen it's original context.

The blade says "hurry and beat the Sargeras and the Burning Legion; there is a greater battle ahead"

WHERE did it say N'Zoth/Old Gods/Void Lords/Black Empire/My Left Foot was stronger than Sargeras?

(1.) The line is flavor text predicting future events. If you haven't noticed by now, Blizzard has a tendency to incorporate foreshadowing for content down the road.

(2.) For the most part, Blizzard knows what emotion/theory/idea they want to convey when they add such text. If they wanted to infer that N'Zoth/Old Gods/Void Lords/Justin Beiber is stronger than Sargeras/Burning Legion they would HAVE SAID IT. Or at least heavily implied it. In this specific case it is implied that the battle with N'Zoth/Old Gods/Void Lords/Vladimir Putin could be a harder battle to be fought then the eventual one with Sargeras. This could be about the means it takes, or specific actions needed to be done. If we had to accomplish 100 specific tasks in order to fight something then that could be considered a greater battle since it took a lot more effort. For example, instead of simply walking up to N'Zoth and 1v1ing, we may have to do this, that, and the other in order to WALK up to him - and that by default is a greater battle than walking up to Sargeras and 1v1ing.

(3.) Using the "Xala'thath is literally a claw from Old God" argument - yes you can say it is inherently biased. That would further prove everything about the blade's emotes are for flavor only.

(4.) We have not seen the full might of N'Zoth/Old Gods/Void Lords/Chernobyl nuclear fallout nor the full might of Sargeras. Impossible to say who would win in a fight between them.
    (4-a.) If we DID see, you would have to argue it from a in-game universe stand point, a lore stand point. If Sageras was driven to what he is now as a direct response to the potential threat of the Void Lords, it's pretty safe to say they are pretty damn powerful. Powerful enough to cause a titan to fall from grace in such a way and create an infinite army of demons to prevent it.

(5.) At the end of the day, we have a template laid out before us. The Old Gods/Void Lords have been positioned by the creators of this story as the biggest- if not the ultimate -bad guys of said universe. It sounds like the argument is "who would win 1v1" or "army vs army" and going back to point 4-a., it's really impossible to tell at this moment.
    You are my hero. Quite possibly the funniest factual reply ever. +10 to your house

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    How do you get that N'zoth will be the final boss of Legion from that quote?

And furthermore, obvious the blade wants you to face Sargeras and die. Read the flavor text on it:

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you pulling that from? It quite clearly be said they she is one the level of Archimonde and KJ. And that was pre-nagafication
    That might rival Archimonde. Said from the perspective of Mannoroth, so that only gives us an idea not an absolute, and we have no clue as to what Nagafication has done for her, it might have only given her a marginal power boost compared to N'zoth's gift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    Lol, that's funny.

Grom was originally going to be the last boss for WoD, after an expansion with an orc empowered by an old god, and before that, deathwing.

Power levels obviously have no influence over what we face in an expansion, this isn't DBZ. We're going to Tel'abim to fight the banana people if they want us too.

Azshara empowered by N'zoth is a perfectly valid and reasonable end expansion boss.
    And then what? first an expansion filled with Naga and Azshara as the end boss...and then a N'zoth expansion? They are not big enough for their own and due to their connection will most likely be bundled together. Thus Azshara before N'zoth given he is much more powerful than she is.

7+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with Legion really. This is just a spoiler for future expansions, but we will without a doubt, not see N'zoth in this expansion. Just because somebody mentions an old god, does not mean that their character has a place in the current expansion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    As per Red Shirt Guy on Twitter, here's a big one: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRedShi...148740/photo/1
    That quote from the shadow priest artifact dagger is about c'thun.