Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Problem is that clicking is soo friggin unreliable in this game.

It's no problem mashing 2 keybinds after one another and queue two spells.
    Do it with clicking and the game won't register the 2nd input 90% of the time.

Drove me bonkers on my whm because I quickly switch in and out of cleric, which is off the GCD. Works so much better now that I hotkeyed it.
    My only problem with clicking is that I sometimes miss and click the background causing me to deselect my current target.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed target solves that problem entirely.

After all deselecting with a click onto the background is optional.

And having all of that inside the Deep Dungeon system is perfectly fine because it is its own self contained thing. It does not affect the rest of the game at all.

However there is no reason we can't have those mechanics in other aspects of the game.
    This is the part I have an issue with. Why is it so hard for you to understand that what you are proposing is a massive change in the way the game is played and experienced? Would it make the game better? Maybe but that does not matter one bit because now what you've done is alienated a lot of players by changing the game into something else... good job I'm sure they'll stick around because their entire reason they started playing the game is gone.

edit; Different more positive stuff. They've hinted again that Samurai is a job in 4.0 and that it'll probably be a DPS instead of a tank. <3 I was so afraid that they might go the DRK route and also make it a tank...
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-24 at 10:25 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    And having all of that inside the Deep Dungeon system is perfectly fine because it is its own self contained thing. It does not affect the rest of the game at all.

This is the part I have an issue with. Why is it so hard for you to understand that what you are proposing is a massive change in the way the game is played and experienced? Would it make the game better? Maybe but that does not matter one bit because now what you've done is alienated a lot of players by changing the game into something else... good job I'm sure they'll stick around because their entire reason they started playing the game is gone.

edit; Different more positive stuff. They've hinted again that Samurai is a job in 4.0 and that it'll probably be a DPS instead of a tank. <3 I was so afraid that they might go the DRK route and also make it a tank...
    SE knows they have to mix things up a little, add new stuff once in awhile, or the game will get stale.

It doesn't affect raiding. You don't have to do Deep Dungeons if you hate it. I really don't see the problem.

Gone? What's gone? WTF are you talking about?

3.4 is still like half a year away. 4.0 ... more or less an eternality.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Not to be rude and insult you but its pretty clear that I was commenting on the fact that you'd love to the see those mechanics you posted about earlier spread into the rest of the game. I posted why that's a bad idea.... I even quoted the part I was responding too... I don't get what's so confusing...

Did you even fully read the post? Or did you just read the last part? Because that's what it seems like...
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-24 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You must really hate BoP gear too I take it ...
    Nope I totally support BoP gear, in fact I support the fact that raiders should get something that casual players should never get. Afterall they put in the effort so they deserve more than people that didn't or didn't have the skill.

That aside it also doesn't mean EVERYTHING needs to be BoP, there should be a healthy mix, which is the idea you cannot seem to grasp as you seem to promote only one can exist.

Also, gear is not the only thing. I have a friend that is really into pets but some of them goes into the range of over 1mil each, so me and other friend buy her one once in a while to add to her collection. Or you suggest all pets should be BoP too....????
    Last edited by Grym; 2016-04-24 at 10:55 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't... understand how you can be confused considering I directly quoted the part i was commenting on... Did you read like the last part only or something...?
    What part of "other aspects" did you not understand?

Other aspects = not raiding related.

Your raiding is safe. It won't be touched or changed.

Deep Dungeons are optional and provide zero benefit to raiding. So what if it's a "massive change" from what players are used to? You don't have to do it. Nothing is "gone".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Nope I totally support BoP gear, in fact I support the fact that raiders should get something that casual players should never get. Afterall they put in the effort so they deserve more than people that didn't or didn't have the skill.

That aside it also doesn't mean EVERYTHING needs to be BoP, there should be a healthy mix, which is the idea you cannot seem to grasp as you seem to promote only one can exist.

Also, gear is not the only thing. I have a friend that is really into pets but some of them goes into the range of over 1mil each, so me and other friend buy her one once in a while to add to her collection. Or you suggest all pets should be BoP too....????
    "Healthy mix? If one of the results is endless RMT spam ... I wonder if "healthy" is the right word.

Also no direct player trading doesn't mean no trading at all. There is still the price regulated market board.

Nothing wrong with your friend either a) getting a drop, b) paying for one on the market board.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-24 at 11:06 AM.

What part of "other aspects" did you not understand?

Other aspects = not raiding related.

Your raiding is safe. It won't be touched or changed.
    I never mentioned raiding once. I think this is a giant misunderstanding here though. The way you said "other aspects of the game" to me looked like you meant changing existing content such as hunts. Maybe you meant future side content like the Deep Dungeon? It actually isn't very clear what you meant. If it is the former (stuff that exists already) then no that is a bad idea and I explained why.

Deep Dungeons are optional and provide zero benefit to raiding. Nothing is "gone".
    I know... I even wrote that myself... its literally the first thing I wrote.

I'm done with this topic though. Overdone.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-24 at 11:46 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never mentioned raiding once. I think this is a giant misunderstanding here though. The way you said "other aspects of the game" to me looked like you meant changing existing content such as hunts. Maybe you meant future side content like the Deep Dungeon? It actually isn't very clear what you meant. If it is the former (stuff that exists already) then no that is a bad idea and I explained why.

I know... I even wrote that myself... its literally the first thing I wrote.

I'm done with this topic though. Overdone.
    Of course I'm talking about Deep Dungeons. I figured that was obvious from context ...

As for Hunts, I doubt much will change. SE doesn't have the habit of reworking old content - unless it's really broken and causing issues. They will probably made slight changes, like expanding it in HW to different Grades, doubt they will change the mechanics much as a whole - it's original design didn't work all that well and they had to rush rework it to it's current form which is at least stomachable; no point fixing what isn't broken.

Of course I'm talking about Deep Dungeons. I figured that was obvious from context ....
    It really isn't. Your post structure is all over the place to really know what you mean.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really isn't. Your post structure is all over the place to really know what you mean.
    I suck at communication I suppose.

I wont be a complete ass, I was partly at fault too.

On the keybinds note...I'm glad I have a Naga mouse, heh. This game and wow have sold many a mouse like that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wont be a complete ass, I was partly at fault too.
    At times I wished everyone speaks with the WFFs of predicate calculus. It will greatly reduce the probability of misunderstandings.

I dream of a forum UI that makes creating such formulas easy for the everyman - and an proof evaluator to check the validity of arguments made. Of course it's just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    On the keybinds note...I'm glad I have a Naga mouse, heh. This game and wow have sold many a mouse like that.
    I tried one of those but the shape of the mouse really bothered my wrists so I ended up returning it. It would be nice if there was an MMO mouse with the shape and comfort of something like the Razer Deathadder but with the extra buttons like the Razer Naga. Sadly I haven't found such a mouse yet.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried one of those but the shape of the mouse really bothered my wrists so I ended up returning it. It would be nice if there was an MMO mouse with the shape and comfort of something like the Razer Deathadder but with the extra buttons like the Razer Naga. Sadly I haven't found such a mouse yet.
    I can't use mice with thumb buttons, I grip the mouse with my thumb and ring finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    tested a Naga in the store but that many keys are way too unwieldy.
    I have the G700s.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Me too, but I still like thumb buttons. You can get used to it!
    I tried. With Razor mices that have easy to feel for thumb buttons. I gave up and when back to a 2 button + scroll wheel mouse.

Edit: I suppose I'm a fingertip gripper,

Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-04-24 at 08:38 PM.

The "moba" mouses tend to be better than the "mmo" ones I find. I really like the design of the Deathadder but it would be nice if it had the top buttons like how the G700 does that Granyala mentioned.

Maybe I should just go find a keyboard with programmable keys. Sadly those aren't that common these days heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I suppose I'm a fingertip gripper
    Me too. Doesn't hinder you in using thumb buttons, but definitely makes the mouse twitch a bit if you push them.

Inconsequential im MMOs, but probably not ideal in FPS.

Oh and the unlockable scroll wheel of mine is just awesome.