Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    probably blacklisted for ninjaing and thus literally had to spam trade for hours and hours to find someone who didn't have them blacklisted to tank or heal for them
    Well, if thats your measure of success, then LFG/LFR is a huge victory in comparison. I've only seen... two ? instances where people ninja'd loot in the past couple expansions, whereas pre-LFG/LFR it averaged about two a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.
    Don't even need to read to agree.

Remove Dungeon Finder, remove Raid Finder. Game fixed. 75.62% casuals that ruin the game, huzzah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Actually Blizzard has much more data than both of us do. Therefor, their decissions are based on something more than assumptions.
    I don't think you understand what these words mean. Their decisions are based on assumptions, the assumptions are based on the data. But Blizzard's data is not some magical answer to everything, it's very limited in a number of areas. For example, Blizzard decided based on the assumptions they made from they data that there is no real demand for legacy servers. Nost proved them wrong.

However, they cannot help the factors like lack of market demand for mmos.
    GW2 is doing well, FFXIV is doing great, EVE just hit highest concurrent players ever, Minecraft is insanely popular, etc. etc. The MMO market has grown, it's Blizzard and WoW that are struggling.

And Minecraft is not an MMO.
    It is an MMORPG by definition. Huge persistent world where you play a persistent character with large number of other people. It's an MMO, you can't get around that fact. Just because it doesn't look exactly like WoW and the games WoW copied doesn't mean it's not an MMORPG.

No. The only thing I'd want to see done is the removal of realm hopping. Force people to be within 100 or 200 yards of the Party Leader in order to stay on that server. Getting a little tired of having to compete with my own CRZ instance as well as people realm hopping from overpopped servers like Outland, Draenor, Kazzak and Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Would be better if there was a incentive to make Players want to make their own groups.Like Riot does with LoL,you can choose to play the game alone but if you come with Pre-made or with friends you can get more rewards.With WoW could be,more gold,more Valor points or increase the drop chance of certain itens.It would be better to make players WANT to create the group rather then just remove a tool we have since WOTLK and piss off a lot of people.
    Yeah pretty much. If you got more rewards for joining a premade lfr. It would eventually overshadow the automated one in popularity. Then people wouldn't really mind so much if the automated one went away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.
    What killed the social aspect of the game is how mostly every meaningful activity in the game is through some form of instanced content. If Blizzard would diversify more away from putting so much emphasis on that then the game would be more fun and content would last longer.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-04-24 at 07:26 PM.

Let's compromise.

What if:

Run a dungeon manually, and last boss drops an account-bound Dungeon Finder token, which allows one (two? three?) random queues for that same dungeon.
    Run a raid manually on any difficulty, and last boss of each wing allows one (two? three?) random queues for that wing in LFR.

Thoughts?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Why the hell would we need to remove it if it was already put there in fire place? It's probably not happening though. You don't have to use it you could manually gather up party as you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I playing WOW for Arena,Quests,Professions,Bgs not for Raids. So i prefer only LFR raids just to discover expansion Lore and Storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no thanks. i like not having to speak to people unless i want to.

and i usually do not want to.
    You shouldn't be playing MMO's then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post

The subs are going down for many reasons. Few of them being:
    - the market isn't interested in mmos -> less people are joining the game than quitting (people were quitting since Vanilla so quitting isn't the new trend, lack of new people is and that started in Cata)
    - the game is old
    Such a cop out bullshit excuse.

All proven 100% wrong recently with nostalarius, so yeah.

There's a gigantic market for MMO's. The problem is Blizzard tried to cater to non-mmo players which killed their sub numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    I don't think you understand what these words mean. Their decisions are based on assumptions, the assumptions are based on the data. But Blizzard's data is not some magical answer to everything, it's very limited in a number of areas. For example, Blizzard decided based on the assumptions they made from they data that there is no real demand for legacy servers. Nost proved them wrong.

The only thing Nost proved was that it was popular with the f2p crowd. Pretty sure Acti/Blizz has done more than enough research and number crunching to conclude that it is not in their best interests to make legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    The game isn't anti-social.
    You are.
    Quit blaming an inanimate object for your own shortcomings.
    The tools may be there to make it EASIER to be anti-social, but that doesn't mean you can't learn to make a bit of contact.
    TL;DR: Grow up and learn to be social/make an effort.
    You're completely delusional if you don't think that nearly anonymous 99.99% cross server content with no penalties or repercussions for being a jerk/ninja and zero accountability for your actions doesn't heavily encourage and foster anti-social behavior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Let's compromise.

What if:

Run a dungeon manually, and last boss drops an account-bound Dungeon Finder token, which allows one (two? three?) random queues for that same dungeon.
    Run a raid manually on any difficulty, and last boss of each wing allows one (two? three?) random queues for that wing in LFR.

Thoughts?
    Um, no thank you. You're still gating the content behind doing something that those who want your proposed tokens don't want to do.

There is no compromise necessary. The OP lost something once people weren't forced to do it the way the OP prefers and they want it back regardless of the impact on other players.

You shouldn't be playing MMO's then.
    I'm sure they appreciate your sharing your opinion on the matter. Mine, and I'm sure theirs, is that MMO refers to playing with others, not talking with others. Op doesn't like the fact that people do LFD without talking and yet this proves that MMOs without talking do work.

There's a gigantic market for MMO's.
    Luckily Wildstar rescued all of those people who really wanted the old style MMO experience right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Pretty sure Acti/Blizz has done more than enough research and number crunching to conclude that it is not in their best interests to make legacy servers.
    They don't have the data necessary for that. Currently Nost has the best data when it comes to engagement in legacy WoW.

Deleted
    They don't have the data necessary for that. Currently Nost has the best data when it comes to engagement in legacy WoW.
    You'll probably find it wasn't that kind of data they looked at. More likely it was expenditure vs effort and they concluded cba.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I dont find anything social in spending 30+ min trying to find ppl for some dungeon by spamming /2
    For the 5 millionth time, the social part is that you make friends and connections with people on your server so that you DON'T have to spam trade chat to find a group.

Why are people incapable of understanding this?

Yeah, experts in market research don't know anything. Do you even think before you post? And no, Nost doesn't have any valid data at all, considering it is F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Um, no thank you. You're still gating the content behind doing something that those who want your proposed tokens don't want to do.

There is no compromise necessary. The OP lost something once people weren't forced to do it the way the OP prefers and they want it back regardless of the impact on other players.

I'm sure they appreciate your sharing your opinion on the matter. Mine, and I'm sure theirs, is that MMO refers to playing with others, not talking with others. Op doesn't like the fact that people do LFD without talking and yet this proves that MMOs without talking do work.

Luckily Wildstar rescued all of those people who really wanted the old style MMO experience right?
    You shouldn't be playing MMO's either.
    "I want to play a massively multiplayer online RPG and never talk to anyone!!"

You're what's ruined this genre, and Blizzards stupidity to cater to people like you who do not belong.

For the 5 millionth time, the social part is that you make friends and connections with people on your server so that you DON'T have to spam trade chat to find a group.

Why are people incapable of understanding this?
    All of which can still be done currently in WoW. The players can make the game as social as they want. 120+ on my RealID says so. I can send out a broadcast, and fill an RBG or raid with ease, all with players I have run with on multiple occasions.

Deleted
    You shouldn't be playing MMO's either.
    "I want to play a massively multiplayer online RPG and never talk to anyone!!"

You're what's ruined this genre, and Blizzards stupidity to cater to people like you who do not belong.
    Incredibly presumptuous of you I feel. I never said I never want to talk to people. I haven't actually clarified what I want exactly.

For the record what I want is not to be FORCED to talk to people, if you at any point cared.

And I really am sorry I ruined your precious little game that I've only been playing and paying for about 11 years now. I am currently in an active guild but sometimes I like to just login, do a dungeon and log off, and there isn't always 4 others online who want the same at the same time as me. Ironically though, whilst I'm not chatting to my dungeon randoms, I AM chatting to my guild

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    All of which can still be done currently in WoW. The players can make the game as social as they want. 120+ on my RealID says so. I can send out a broadcast, and fill an RBG or raid with ease, all with players I have run with on multiple occasions.
    I agree. Blizzard never took away the ability to be social in the game. Try getting more difficult achievements in a pug when they're current content. It won't happen. The need to "make friends" is still there. What Blizzard did was make the game more efficient so that all players could enjoy it, not just the needy ones. They made it so that people could experience endgame on their terms, not on someone else's. I think Blizzard would have even less subs than they do now if they never made the changes they did mid Wrath. People have forgotten that mmorpg's are a niche market in video gaming. Blizzard was just really successful with it, in part due to the insane price of consoles around 2008. Now consoles are more affordable again, so people are going back to solo play with optional multiplayer content.
    Last edited by darklady; 2016-04-24 at 09:22 PM.