Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

which stats do you want shown to average players.
    keep in mind the other stats are available through the API
    Oh stop with your logic. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to matter. Rochelle just doesn't like posts that disagree with his/her stance.

Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    There are tons of stats that over the years completely fell away. I said earlier, the stat window is not the problem, it's just the symptom of a larger problem which is the game is being oversimplified. Yes, the stats shown there are all that matter. NOW. It used to be that more stats mattered. It used to be that strength, agility and attack power all mattered when you were a melee. But that's too hard for the average WoW player.
    Or.. y'know, it was pointless, but that doesn't fit into your I Hate Blizzard stance.

Yea, strength would increase my feral druid's damage slightly. Agility increased it more. I would be stupid to wear strength gear. I never worse strength gear.

Do we need to bring up hunters again? In how back in the day everything was a hunter weapon? The drama it caused, the amount of ninja looting that went down.. That wasn't 'too hard', it was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I bet if Blizzard removed numbers from tooltips people would still argue "I never cared about damages/numbers"
    Lol, that's something completely different to this, so not sure what you're getting at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There is hard content. You don't want to play it.
    I already said I do. But say mythic again and I swear I'll push a poopsock down your throat.

Mythic are the same bosses again that we used to defeat in LFR, normal and heroic, why would I go through all these different modes to equip myself, defeat the same bosses again and again just so I could eventually, maybe, some day, do them on a hard difficulty. Add to that that I have to schedule days to play with a fixed raid group. Sorry, I have a real life. Hell, even the people that want to raid mythic can't do it anymore, cause Blizzard took their 10 man mythics away from them. Lol.
    Face it, mythic is just a small part of the game, and unattractive for many reasons to many people. Not for the difficulty however. They just have to make it so that there is just one raid mode, and that raid mode is difficult. Get rid of LFR, it's for retards only. Get rid of normal and heroic, only have one mode, call that normal, and then mythic are hardmodes, like Ulduar. Done. But Blizzard is too retarded to do that. They are probably gonna add 3 more difficulties to raids in Legion. Well the game is dead anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Or.. y'know, it was pointless, but that doesn't fit into your I Hate Blizzard stance.

Yea, strength would increase my feral druid's damage slightly. Agility increased it more. I would be stupid to wear strength gear. I never worse strength gear.

Do we need to bring up hunters again? In how back in the day everything was a hunter weapon? The drama it caused, the amount of ninja looting that went down.. That wasn't 'too hard', it was stupid.
    They were not pointless, they were just too hard for people like you.

I already said I do. But say mythic again and I swear I'll push a poopsock down your throat.

Mythic are the same bosses again that we used to defeat in LFR, normal and heroic, why would I go through all these different modes to equip myself, defeat the same bosses again and again just so I could eventually, maybe, some day, do them on a hard difficulty. Add to that that I have to schedule days to play with a fixed raid group. Sorry, I have a real life. Hell, even the people that want to raid mythic can't do it anymore, cause Blizzard took their 10 man mythics away from them. Lol.
    Face it, mythic is just a small part of the game, and unattractive for many reasons to many people. Not for the difficulty however. They just have to make it so that there is just one raid mode, and that raid mode is difficult. Get rid of LFR, it's for retards only. Get rid of normal and heroic, only have one mode, call that normal, and then mythic are hardmodes, like Ulduar. Done. But Blizzard is too retarded to do that. They are probably gonna add 3 more difficulties to raids in Legion. Well the game is dead anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Good, you said the game is dead. Quit the game, leave the forums. It's unhealthy for you to linger around what makes you so upset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Good, you said the game is dead. Quit the game, leave the forums. It's unhealthy for you to linger around what makes you so upset.
    You know this forum is for more than just WoW right?

LOL

Typical egocentrical WoW player.

There are other MMOs out there honey. And all of them are better than WoW.

You know this forum is for more than just WoW right?

LOL

Typical egocentrical WoW player.

There are other MMOs out there honey. And all of them are better than WoW.
    *slowly looks up at the WoW subsection this is being posted in*

I'm not asking for singleplayer content. I'm asking for that content to be hard again, like it used to be.

Uhm because challenging is more fun and non-challenging is a snoozefest?

"Why should endgame be challenging?" See how stupid that question is?

If you have a fulltime job and you raid three times a week then that's 3 days a week at least where you can't be doing much more than work and raid. I'm sorry but I don't want half of my week to be scheduled like that, there are other things I wanna do.
    So you can't commit to raiding 2-3 hours 1-2 days a week, but you want HARD heroics and such, that would take about the same amount of time as a raid to complete? You know, because they're hard. Doesn't make much sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you actually compare a mythic boss to a LFR boss? the encounters are completely different.
    Have you done heroic, or even normal??

Deleted
    How is this not enough? What else stats do you need to see there?
    apart from speed, but who cares anyway.

Someone didn't play TBC
    lol
    You just embarrased yourself.

Questing used to be hard, before they made it pisseasy with heirlooms and with the Cataclysm revamp. Another thing you know nothing about. No point talking to you educate yourself and come back when you've done so.
    Questing was never hard, vanilla might've been slightly more time consuming than the rest, but even in BC it was as easy as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Questing was never hard, vanilla might've been slightly more time consuming than the rest, but even in BC it was as easy as it is now.
    To kids now a days time = difficulty, while on the same time they complain about 'grindy' progression. It's cute.

so tedious and poorly balanced=hard?(mostly classic and i assume some of TBC)

just WoW
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

- - - Updated - - -

It was pointless, when agility is better for you than strength, the fact strength also gives you stats is irrelevent, cus you never go for strength gear. It also wasn't complex or difficult because you just looked up websites for what was an upgrade for you.

But hey, if you think google is hard, I guess it's a good thing you don't do mythic.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    How is is oversimplified?
    Because it only shows you what you need to see?
    There is more to it as what you list as a non-issue. A lot of people dislike the ilvl thing which will be abused even more as it is now. And a UI like this does oversimplify things and basically tells people: this is an easy game to pick up and play, you don't have to worry about anything as long as your Agility is high enough and you have 900ilvl. Teaching players how the game works like that is not the way to do it. My girlfriend (personal opinion here beware) started in Mists (when a lot of abilities were already pruned, but snapshotting still existed) and even she says a UI like this is not WoW-esque. She grew up with this game already being easy, and they're making it even easier.
    It all comes down to personal taste of course, but some Twitter users asked if there will be a toggle for a more advanced UI and Blizzard said 'no, the code is still there so you can use addons'. Taking away the choice for those who want more information or look at things more in-depth is not a good way to treat your customers. In times where you're losing customers left and right and we're swimming in a 3th content draught, taking away more options and denying your customers even more things is the complete opposite of what you should be doing to attract/keep players.
    Not here to bash every decision the company makes, but rather have a critical open mind and accepting everything is just not the way I think.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    There is more to it as what you list as a non-issue. A lot of people dislike the ilvl thing which will be abused even more as it is now. And a UI like this does oversimplify things and basically tells people: this is an easy game to pick up and play, you don't have to worry about anything as long as your Agility is high enough and you have 900ilvl. Teaching players how the game works like that is not the way to do it. My girlfriend (personal opinion here beware) started in Mists (when a lot of abilities were already pruned, but snapshotting still existed) and even she says a UI like this is not WoW-esque. She grew up with this game already being easy, and they're making it even easier.
    It all comes down to personal taste of course, but some Twitter users asked if there will be a toggle for a more advanced UI and Blizzard said 'no, the code is still there so you can use addons'. Taking away the choice for those who want more information or look at things more in-depth is not a good way to treat your customers. In times where you're losing customers left and right and we're swimming in a 3th content draught, taking away more options and denying your customers even more things is the complete opposite of what you should be doing to attract/keep players.
    Not here to bash every decision the company makes, but rather have a critical open mind and accepting everything is just not the way I think.
    They didn't take away choice, the kind of player who wants a more advanced UI is the kind of player who uses Addons, not beyond reason to say "Hey, you could addon it if you want."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Please outline snapshotting, and how to optimally benefit from it.
    make sure to address edge cases.

OH NO PRUNING.!! AND SNAPSHOTTIGN!!. AND CONTENT DROUGHT AND.... ILVL WHAT IS GOING ON. RIP WOW.
    any other buzzwords we need to throw into these arguments?
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-04-24 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the new one; it tells you the exact stats that you should be using for your character/spec.

Then, at least, we could avoid situations like the rogue I encountered the other day in LFD doing 700 DPS, wearing cloth and leather gear, with a mix of intellect, strength and agility - oh, and a healing trinket to boot.

I assume they were young or new to the game, but still...

Deleted
    I honestly don't see the issue here.

It's displays the relevant information for my spec/class, cutting out all the useless information.

If you have a fulltime job and you raid three times a week then that's 3 days a week at least where you can't be doing much more than work and raid. I'm sorry but I don't want half of my week to be scheduled like that, there are other things I wanna do.
    That sounds like a poor time management issue. Spend less time playing video games and more time gathering important life skills such as time management. The rest of us who spend 2 months fully clearing the content and dropping back to raiding 13/13m for 2.5 hours a week will continue doing what we do.

Someone didn't play TBC
    lol
    You just embarrased yourself.
    Dungeons were never challenging BC unless you had the mental faculties of a squirrel. Can you CC? Yes, congrats you won heroic dungeons.

Questing used to be hard
    Uh, nope. Though it's pretty clear to see why you thought so. (see above reference)

Regarding topic: Defensive stats need to be brought back. To have a dodge tank, with dodge based masteries, who can't actually see any dodge values, is pretty asinine.
    Last edited by Delimit; 2016-04-25 at 12:19 AM.