Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The fact that it took a long ass time to get things done.. It's a fantasy mmo its suppose to take a long time to get shit done.

If Blizzard remade the Lord of the Rings movies, it would be 1 very short movie.. Once Frodo found the Ring Gandalf would of sent him on one of his giant eagles to drop it in the Volcano, instead of going on the 3 movie adventure

Deleted
    Hybrid builds.

One of the things I appreciate from ANY expansion is being involved with the story. Moments like the Wrathgate will always be at the forefront of fond memories. (though, obviously it's a sad story).

What I DO NOT like is when it's like "oh, this key person/this place/this thing is like that because of --what happened in book x--". WTH? While I appreciate the room for lore to be augmented in other media, key parts of the story should be in game, not in some book.

That's what I want from those old expansions, the moments where I'm part of the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    World PvP areas like the ones that existed during BC : in particular Halaa, but also the areas in Terokkar Forest, Hellfire Penisula, and Zangarmarsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbala View Post
    UNDERWATER BREATHING WITH SHAMANS.

I'm master of the elements but I can drown? We use water to HEAL..WHAT THE HELL???
    Why on earth would you even need that with how long you can hold your breath underwater in todays wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The race/class identity of TBC. Where being a blood elf paladin felt different to being a human paladin. Now all paladin's are alike and that sucks.
    Bring back race specific class quests and spells/spell effects please.

I want flying available at max level in the initial release, not at the end of the expansion when nobody cares any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it just really needs one thing. Access back to the old world as an alternative. Would solve a lot of issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    The MMORPG Feel that pre cata WoW had.
    Mind elaborating on that? it's quite vague.

My answer would be class quests, loved them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Mind elaborating on that? it's quite vague.

My answer would be class quests, loved them
    Class quest, hard quest/leveling, Professions that mattered, a sense of community, attunement, no homogeneous classes, no free raid level gear etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's one of my beefs with Reputations. There's not much to them. Adding reputation questlines and such would make the factions more interesting. The Shado-Pan one was nice back then.
    Oh, but it was more work as it was needed, heck.. I would even say, missing some of the setups where quests are merged with grinding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Class quest, hard quest/leveling, Professions that mattered, a sense of community, attunement, no homogeneous classes, no free raid level gear etc.
    Class quests: Yeah i can agree with that

Vanilla lvl difficulty questing for 100 lvls?! no thank you

Professions does feel less impactful i agree

Community stil exists, just find a good guild

attunement sucked, especially when your guild got new reqruits that needed to be attuned aswell

classes have been somewhat homogenous i agree.

"free raid level gear" if you're reffering to LFR, then i can tell you that LFR gear is by far "raid lvl gear"

Deleted
    Epic Class Quests.

quest chains rewarding keys / attunements
    I'm not a huge fan of current "just barge in with no opposition" instances (of course, you meet it immediately inside). While an obvious staggering tactic, attunements were useful storytelling elements and I didn't mind doing them... once. (I think) I'd dig a moderately long quest chain that would unlock the instance for your whole account.

There's an assload of people saying class quests and I can only assume mass amnesia must be going on as "Class-Specific Questlines" is one of the features of Legion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Profession specializations, raid attunments and the hard epic class questlines from Vanilla (the hunter one was awespme).
    Last edited by Sencha; 2016-04-24 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyCat203 View Post
    tbh i did not start REALLY playing till cata, so i have few old memories of the game. The only thing i miss is pre-cata Aumberline. It was my favorite town to just hang out in and it was absolutely beautiful.
    Where is the town Aumberline located? I cannot recall ever having come across that name before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Where is the town Aumberline located? I cannot recall ever having come across that name before.
    Probably Auberdine, located in Darkshore and damaged (destroyed?) during Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Probably Auberdine, located in Darkshore and damaged (destroyed?) during Cataclysm
    Totally wrecked. You get a quest in Darkshore now where you try to find survivors, but not everyone made it-- hits you right in the feels pretty hard. Horde gets a similar quest for Camp Taurajo where they lost a bunch of familiar NPCs to an Alliance raid.

flying obtainable in launch patch
    daylies for faction rep
    world drops having a potential to be useful for endgame beyond the 1st tier (classic pre fix dropped lunar wand of ... wrath says hi, used those as mage in naxx even
    relevant professions
    no cap on craftables you can equip
    prospecting
    classic windfury