Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    No. There is not. Character reaches level 100 either way, bruh.
    Did you put the work in? Nope. You didn't level. You paid someone else to level for you, therefore you didn't level to 100 in 5 minutes.
    If you paid someone else to win an eating contest by eating the food, did you eat the food and win or did they?
    Sad..
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    You're contradicting yourself in one sentence. I'm also of the opinion that mobs hitting so hard/having so much health that you have to stop to eat after each mob isn't hard. It's overtuned to provide a falsely lengthened leveling experience. I'm sure having to kill 12 kobalds that you can only pull one at a time, while taking 30 seconds to kill is really engaging gameplay for you. It's not for me.
    So mobs having higher damage and more health doesn't make the game harder, just "overtuned". What does that even mean?

If a game requires more effort to survive and defeat enemies, it is harder. Just as Vanilla leveling was harder than current leveling. You couldn't just stand there and one-shot everything you were fighting. You needed to use CC, watch for patrols, keep an eye on your health AND mana (if your toon had that). You couldn't just throw a heal on yourself if you were in trouble because a) most classes didn't have self heals and b) that was using the same resource that you needed to kill things.

Vanilla leveling made you learn your toolkit, and made you USE your toolkit. You had to be aware of the area around you (where is my escape route if I need it?) the mobs around you (am I far enough away not to pull that extra patrol?) your resources (do I have enough mana to kill that second mob if it aggros, or do I need to run?) your abilities (does my particular CC work on that mob if I pull it?)

You keep telling yourself that was "artificially" harder than the current game. And that is forgetting the fact that a lot of zones had random elite monsters wandering around them that were significant challenges even if you deliberately went after them, and were almost certain death if they sneaked up on you.

Vanilla leveling was harder, required better gameplay and encouraged grouping up between players in an organic way. Players in Vanilla forged friendships in the open world, and that led to a better community and a better game. And you don't need nostalgia goggles to understand that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    You're contradicting yourself in one sentence. I'm also of the opinion that mobs hitting so hard/having so much health that you have to stop to eat after each mob isn't hard. It's overtuned to provide a falsely lengthened leveling experience. I'm sure having to kill 12 kobalds that you can only pull one at a time, while taking 30 seconds to kill is really engaging gameplay for you. It's not for me.
    Yes it is hard and it is exactly reason why we enver run out of content. And if you would be actual MMORPG player you would simply find some players to do Q with you. And no pulling 30 moobs and 2 shoting them with 1 skill isnt engaging at all. It is boring grind fest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    I've yet to see that happen in all of the characters i've leveled, if anyone did actually did do that it'd be some douche like sodapoppins
    Yep the one who hates fast leveling,, heirloosm, boost and all tha kind of crap will totaly do that.

As sort of a speedrun it's actually quite interesting, how quickly it could be done.
    As a summary of current state of leveling it's like popping iddqd to show how weak the enemies are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Also can we stop using Sodapoppin as a relavant source of logic and info? He's literally said himself that "i no longer play wow", so why the fuck should i listen to his opinions?
    The irony about that tool is that he rants on and on about WoW, while still using the game for his own personal gain.

I'm baffled that people don't just see through the ruse. He's using the overall community discontent to fuel his views.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I'm not the owner of that video nor I'm trying to promote it. I posted it because leveling to 100 in 5 hrs is a big thing.
    No it's not. Just like 20 Mages killing a Mythic boss in the final tier in 20 seconds isn't a big thing either. It's a speedrun with all the tips & tricks available to max level players who planned all of that. It's not indicative for the average experience by a long shot.

If you're doing it by yourself it's cheaper to just buy a boost and be done with it. Not to mention you don't have to spend 5 hours leveling (if you can even call it that anymore) or farming pots/gold for pots. Also you get a decent set of starting gear with the boost that you wouldn't have by just 'leveling". Oh yeah and if you count prep time to buying/farming pots and crafting gear for your toon to use when they hit 90, you might as well add that to your time investment.

Deleted
    Too bad RaF isnt allowed here.. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yes it is hard and it is exactly reason why we enver run out of content. And if you would be actual MMORPG player you would simply find some players to do Q with you. And no pulling 30 moobs and 2 shoting them with 1 skill isnt engaging at all. It is boring grind fest.
    by the time I'm leveling my Xth alt, I don't want to bother finding people to level with. I just want to go through and level. It's pretty much the entire point of heirlooms. Leveling anything (be it reps, or character level) is eventually going to just devolve into a "boring grind fest" to some people. The Division took awhile to level to 30 the first time since no one really knew the optimal way to do it. It was still really fun, but it's not something I'd like to do in its entirety again. That's how I feel about WoW leveling. Leveling your first time without heirlooms is still relatively difficult, especially for new players which blizzard does want to come play their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So mobs having higher damage and more health doesn't make the game harder, just "overtuned". What does that even mean?
    It means that it's not harder by the mobs have special mechanics or anything. They're just either actually higher level than you, or functionally higher level through the grace of their health and damage tuning. Killing mobs the same level as you, or one level higher than you (being in the correct leveling zone pretty much) shouldn't be so taxing that you're required to stop and eat food after one mob just to be able to pull more. That's my opinion on the matter, feel free to disagree.

This is like saying that if someone can "legitimately" solo some still relevant raid boss, the raiding system in WoW is broken. Nevermind that 99.9999% of the player base can't lol..

The point of the video is fucking retarded, because you can level to 100, absolutely "legitimately", in about 1 minute. Buy instant 100. Activate instant 100. Does that make the leveling system broken FOR ME? Fuck no. Is making the "community" worse? No, that dude probably has some friends of his own he wants to play with if he's willing to give the cash to skip leveling, so actually Blizzard HELPING him to play the game with his friends, instead of being something like "ok, dude, we'll talk again 2 months from now when you're level 100, have fun with that great leveling"...

It means that it's not harder by the mobs have special mechanics or anything. They're just either actually higher level than you, or functionally higher level through the grace of their health and damage tuning. Killing mobs the same level as you, or one level higher than you (being in the correct leveling zone pretty much) shouldn't be so taxing that you're required to stop and eat food after one mob just to be able to pull more. That's my opinion on the matter, feel free to disagree.
    And that is pretty much the problem. Because what you want (and what Blizzard have now provided) is leveling without gameplay. And when you get that, you end up with leveling that feels pointless; it is just in the way of getting to the real game, at whatever maximum level is. So people ask for more and more ways to make leveling quicker, because it isn't a part of the "real" game.

What made so many people fall in love with this game, back in the day, wasn't the endgame. Because when you started playing WoW, you weren't playing the endgame. And because leveling took so long, it was a hell of a journey to even get to maximum level. People fell in love with the world. The challenge it provided. The gameplay you experienced from the minute you walked out into the starting area, and carried on experiencing level after level.

The world felt dangerous, challenging. Involving. And when you made your way through it, you didn't feel like it was just something you had to get through. It was a journey. And you met up with other people doing that same thing, and teamed up with them as a way of getting through some of the major challenges that you faced in the normal outside world.

And that is what an MMO leveling should be like. Because if it isn't, if it ends up like the kind of thing you seem to want, then people just see it as a chore to get through. Rather than a gameplay experience to be savoured. Which is sad, to me.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And that is pretty much the problem. Because what you want (and what Blizzard have now provided) is leveling without gameplay. And when you get that, you end up with leveling that feels pointless; it is just in the way of getting to the real game, at whatever maximum level is. So people ask for more and more ways to make leveling quicker, because it isn't a part of the "real" game.
    And that's the type of game I want from WoW. Leveling is a means to provide me a story, and after I've experienced the story a few times, I don't really want to slowly trudge through it anymore.

What made so many people fall in love with this game, back in the day, wasn't the endgame. Because when you started playing WoW, you weren't playing the endgame. And because leveling took so long, it was a hell of a journey to even get to maximum level. People fell in love with the world. The challenge it provided. The gameplay you experienced from the minute you walked out into the starting area, and carried on experiencing level after level.
    Single player RPGs (witcher 3) typically capture this quite well. I like it in the context of those games. for MMOs, I'd still play if leveling was a very long grind, I'd just not play alts which personally is a hindrance to my enjoyment.

And that is what an MMO leveling should be like. Because if it isn't, if it ends up like the kind of thing you seem to want, then people just see it as a chore to get through. Rather than a gameplay experience to be savoured. Which is sad, to me.
    If the questing was how you described it, it'd still be a chore to me after a few characters. You have to realize that I'm not complaining about leveling in the context of one or two characters. I'm talking about it in the context of leveling multiple character in which heirlooms serve their purpose of letting me get through the content faster that I don't really enjoy anymore.

The entire context of this thread is that it's somehow a problem that someone can spend dozens of hours farming xp potions, heirlooms and then buy RAF in order to level 1-100 in 5 hours. I'd argue it's a bigger issue that you can purchase a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Whole point is... this shouldnt be possible no matter what.
    You can buy a level 100 boost for $60

that was really fast. geeeeeeee

Deleted
    I'm also of the opinion that mobs hitting so hard/having so much health that you have to stop to eat after each mob isn't hard.
    You got it wrong way round. Content wasn't hard because you had to stop and eat -- you had to stop and eat because the content was hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You can buy a level 100 boost for $60
    And that should not be possible as well :P Cutting corners everywhere (and yes im guilty as well) but it doesnt mean its interesting gameplay, its really really boring gameplay.

Deleted
    @ Sylv (I fucked up the quote and cannot be bothered to fix it now)
    "I can level to 100 in 5 minutes." Or, "Blizzard can level to 100 in 5 minutes for me."
    See the difference Bruh.
    Pretty sure that the char boost isn't you doing anything but being that fat lazy south park gamer being like, "my skillz."

- - - Updated - - -

I am preety sure the process is automated by now. The only manual "labor" there being the player intiating the whole thing via a few klicks and a payment.

The only boosts i used were the 2 that came "free" to me with the purchase of expansions, so keep your judgement for yourself.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-04-25 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I can level to 100 in 5 minutes, no RaF, no heirlooms.
    My credit card gets accepted in 1 minute. Ha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    My credit card gets accepted in 1 minute. Ha!
    In fact the website also states most of these get processed in sub-1 minute.

Would be impressed if it was with no looms or xp pots.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    2 days ago i leveled a lvl80 char with questing alone to 90. I did 80-85 in about ~2h in hyjal and 85-90 in 2h-3h (without flying) in jade forest. This was with looms and rested and doing every single quest in those 2 zones but i didnt need to move anywhere else! Leveling system is broken!

EDIT + lets not forget how boring this actually is, ruining around 1-2 shoting mobs and asking your self "why the hell do i even need to do this shit". If Blizzard plan is to bore you to death with leveling so you buy lvl100 boost i guess they are on the right path!
    So you put on all those make it easy and fast items and wonder why it´s easy and fast? And you even wait for rested xp so that it gets faster which again astounds you? Well done you!