Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Can we have server brower for OW too btw? :P
    That would require competent development decision - I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I'm not sure if you play solo because you enjoy it, or because your gaming attitude is that other players are just "some nerds [you] don't even know". :P The sense of entitlement you're rocking out is laughable. You're just coming across as a gigantic tool... and if that's really your attitude, you should probably stick to TF2.
    Please tell me to check my cis white upper middle-class male privilege next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bromeottg View Post
    Imagine if you had 4-6 people on your team on a map you enjoyed do this to you. Because if this behavior is tolerated and promoted more and more people will do it and its just going to result in games where 20% of your team is totally useless. This just isn't a sustainable way to play this game and be a part of the community.
    You're coming at it the wrong way. They need to instead recognize that not everyone will enjoy every level and make it possible to black list certain maps instead of forcing random map games on us. BOOM! Problem solved. It's such an easy problem to solve.

Also, make the experience penalty only take effect if you leave the second match early. Some people NEED to leave early because of MANY reasons. Why punish them for it?
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-04-24 at 06:32 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Also, make the experience penalty only take effect if you leave the second match early. Some people NEED to leave early because of MANY reasons. Why punish them for it?
    I'm sorry but why do I have to suffer because you can't wrap your head around simple concepts as time management and planning. If there is real emergency (house on fire, wife giving birth, kid licking a wall socket) go and act - those should be so rare you don't have to worry about penalty once in a blue moon.

Otherwise don't queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Because you're penalizing everyone else on your team by doing it.

Don't start a game if you "have to leave". People try that shit all the time when they're losing in CS:GO, too. "Oh, I need to leave suddenly please kick me so I don't get leave penalty."
    Which would you prefer, someone who goes AFK for the entire match while they wait for a new map, making it a 5v6 game; or someone who leaves and then gets replaced a few seconds later?

Both instances the team will be penalized, there is no way around that, but I much rather have one over the other.

With the game's current system, I'll be afking on maps that I find no fun playing. Don't hate me, hate the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I'm sorry but why do I have to suffer because you can't wrap your head around simple concepts as time management and planning. If there is real emergency (house on fire, wife giving birth, kid licking a wall socket) go and act - those should be so rare you don't have to worry about penalty once in a blue moon.

Otherwise don't queue.
    Because you chose to solo queue on a random match and this shitty game doesn't let you sort which maps you can queue to play?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience? Yes.

Deleted
    Because you chose to solo queue on a random match and this shitty game doesn't let you sort which maps you can queue to play?
    Then play games with server browser.

I'm sorry but Blizz will never allow you to "ban" maps. They might in a very distant future allow for some kind of limited "server browser", but again I wouldn't count on it too soon. This is Blizzard's policy - I don't like it, you may not like it, but Blizz doesn't care. It's the ultimate "DealWithIt".

It's like asking for proper matchmaking in Hots - they will never do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which would you prefer, someone who goes AFK for the entire match while they wait for a new map, making it a 5v6 game; or someone who leaves and then gets replaced a few seconds later?
    I'd prefer the option where people actually play the game they queue in to, but it's pretty obvious you aren't even willing to put that on the table.

As far as the later comment, if you think the game is "shitty", then why are you even playing it in the first place? If there aren't systems in place that will allow you to routinely enjoy the game, then by all means, find another game until it changes to your liking. Otherwise, enjoy the penalties you'll rack up.

This is the problem with pure 6v6 games. No one bats an eye if someone leaves in TF2. They really should expand on the 6v6 format and make larger games.

Most team games aren't about who has the better team but who has the least worst team.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I'd prefer the option where people actually play the game they queue in to, but it's pretty obvious you aren't even willing to put that on the table.

As far as the later comment, if you think the game is "shitty", then why are you even playing it in the first place? If there aren't systems in place that will allow you to routinely enjoy the game, then by all means, find another game until it changes to your liking. Otherwise, enjoy the penalties you'll rack up.
    Welcome to multiplayer games, bro. If you want to play a game where there aren't going to be people: lagging out, trolling, mom's telling them to leave, 6 year olds who think they're god's gift to MLG, AFKing, etc then you should go play single player games. It's GOING to happen. Not saying it'll happen every match, but you can't avoid it. Might as well have a system that better deals with the issue because IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-04-24 at 11:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think most people realize it's going to happen, but that doesn't make it justifiable to contribute to it.

The "everybody else does it" excuse is completely fallacious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Then play games with server browser.

I'm sorry but Blizz will never allow you to "ban" maps. They might in a very distant future allow for some kind of limited "server browser", but again I wouldn't count on it too soon. This is Blizzard's policy - I don't like it, you may not like it, but Blizz doesn't care. It's the ultimate "DealWithIt".

It's like asking for proper matchmaking in Hots - they will never do it.
    They do it in TF2... It let's you choose which map you want to play in and filters servers accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then play TF2 and annoy everyone there with your nonsense.
    I already do, thanks. I've been playing it for years, which is why I can provide tons of insight/pointers on it considering Overwatch is almost a TF2 clone.

If Blizz only listened to fanboys like you who think their games are perfect as is, they'd have failed as a company long ago. You should be thanking people like me for pointing out the flaws of a game still in beta with constructive criticism instead of covering your eyes and ears and telling them to not play the game. I bet people like me are a lot more desirable as beta testers than yes-men such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

So how exactly ranked system is going to work in Overwatch? Is winning a match very important? Or let's say I lost a match but I performed really well - is my rank going to advance?

Thanks for answers.
    The system is designed so you can reach master relatively easily. you just need to play more if you're not that good.

20 points for a win, but 40 points for a consecutive win.
    20 points for a loss, but only 10 if you lose in a tiebreak.
    and you cant downrank, only go down divisions, so you kinda have a "checkpoint."

so with enough time even the worst players can get high in ranks. which makes it easier for better players to climb even higher later in the season.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    so with enough time even the worst players can get high in ranks. which makes it easier for better players to climb even higher later in the season.
    but it would also mean that at the end of a season, you'd be matched with a more bad players as well if im understanding you correctly?
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    but it would also mean that at the end of a season, you'd be matched with a more bad players as well if im understanding you correctly?
    prettymuch, in the first week of competitive in the beta there were really only the best players at master and i was having trouble advancing upwards from expert, basicly as soon as i hit that rank, it would only match me on US eest servers(200ms for me) against the 6 stacks, streams and pros. etc. i waited afew weeks and everyman and his dog is expert and its easy to continue to rankup now.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    You can post your favorite streamer all you want, I've seen first hand how a exceptional player can decimate an entire team. Its not even debatable. Just stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vpsmq6tDPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdjmA1mg74c

There's about fifteen thousand more videos for you to watch if you know how to use google and youtube. Knock yourself out.
    This used to happen in World of Tanks when it first came out. It also happens at low tiers where a vet will kill off the "newer" players. But it really doesn't happen all that much anymore. I doubt it will be so in Overwatch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    prettymuch, in the first week of competitive in the beta there were really only the best players at master and i was having trouble advancing upwards from expert, basicly as soon as i hit that rank, it would only match me on US eest servers(200ms for me) against the 6 stacks, streams and pros. etc. i waited afew weeks and everyman and his dog is expert and its easy to continue to rankup now.
    Well, thats to be expected considering how closed this beta has been, the only time it has been somewhat "realistic" was the open beta weekends for the newcomers.
    its gonna be interesting to see how (if any) different it is when the game goes live and we see the initial big wave of players playing.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's the tell, it's obvious that you're just baiting now. Bravo for getting me to reply to you as many times as I did.
    Judging by your post count, you don't mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    This used to happen in World of Tanks when it first came out. It also happens at low tiers where a vet will kill off the "newer" players. But it really doesn't happen all that much anymore. I doubt it will be so in Overwatch as well.
    WoT is far slower paced than Overwatch is on some heroes though, surprisingly many people have really slow reaction times. People like Genji and Tracer will just run rings around them if played properly. Things like that will add more flavour and make things bit less predictable.

And stuff like this still happens in WoT. Doesn't matter if you are new or old, you can still be bad if you don't look more into the game and have desire to learn. You will have people like Saverem who'll continue to smash their head into a brick wall and cry why things ain't going their way.