7+ Year Old Account
    At this point Bernie is deader than disco.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    At this point Bernie is deader than disco.
    He's achieved far more than any other american politician even if this ends tomorrow.

He may not stand again but he's proven that someone can take on big business with people power.
    That's a fucking huge achievement.

No one would have predicted he would get more than 1% of the vote last year.

Btw Awful analogy. Disco revivals happen every decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    So do ineffectual progressive presidential candidates.
    The world will never forget Nader.
    Or whats-his-name from the 70s.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    That's right, the world will never forget Ralph Nader for the many accomplishments he's had that benefitted most Americans. Something Hillary wouldn't be able to do in 10 lifetimes because her corporate paymasters won't let her.

You like that you or others have not died or were seriously injured in a car because of seat belts - millions in fact? You can thank Nader for that. You like clean air and water? Nader. I can post MANY similar things that if not for Nader they might never have happened.

Let's just get into a Nader argument. You will have a new & improved rectum when I'm done.

Deleted
    Well no actually it probably won't forget Nader because of his seat belt campaign which is still studied to this day is an object lesson in effective campaigning and successful public policy, and saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

EDIT: I don't know the exact numbers, Caolela's probably right it may be millions.

What have you done with your life exactly?
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-04-24 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/24/po...016/index.html

When the Koch brothers are viewing you as a being a suitable president, true liberals and progressives might have very good reason to be worried. Like I said before; she doesn't need to be influenced by money. She already is what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

When the Koch brothers are viewing you as a being a suitable president, true liberals and progressives might have very good reason to be worried. Like I said before; she doesn't need to be influenced by money. She already is what they want.
    You're such a sensationalist. He said she might be preferable to Cruz or Trump. That's hardly a ringing endorsement when they're both fucking lunatics who would hurt his party.

When asked about supporting her, he said she would have to be very different from her rhetoric. She'll be slightly more conservative than her rhetoric, but not enough for the Koch brothers to like her.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2016-04-24 at 11:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    What Sanders would or would not have done has nothing to do with Clinton's warmongering record.
    You're right. I was asking what a president Sanders would have done. How would he have handled that differently? and what would the outcome have been under that scenario? And isn't it President Obama's warmongering?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Precisely.
    However it could also be viewed as a message to the GOP. A message that the Democrats should also take note of...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    You're right. I was asking what a president Sanders would have done. How would he have handled that differently? and what would the outcome have been under that scenario? And isn't it President Obama's warmongering?
    Don't try to put me in a position to defend any of the wrongheaded support for militarism/imperialism.

You can ask the Sanders and Obama supporters about that, which BTW does not absolve Clinton's participation in it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just like Frank Zappa, the world wasn't ready for Ralph Nader.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair though, she has some conservative values both in the domestic and foreign policy, and honestly, who else would the Koch brothers find as a suitable president on the current republican roster. The only choice, Paul Ryan, refuses to run.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    He's achieved far more than any other american politician even if this ends tomorrow.

He may not stand again but he's proven that someone can take on big business with people power.
    That's a fucking huge achievement.

No one would have predicted he would get more than 1% of the vote last year.

Maybe you want to qualify your assertion a little bit. I'm pretty sure he hasn't achieved far more than any other American politician.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    You have such a simplistic notion of the world, it is amazing. And you top it off with such a cognitive disconnect that when anyone comes in with a view that is more nuanced, less black and white or good and evil, that you immediately denounce them as ignorant. You do encapsulate the perfect Sanders voter; too ignorant about the world to know the real problems, too convinced you know everything to actually investigate the answers.

You have done nothing to advance your argument. You assert that there was some sort of intentional malfeasance in the New York election. Your evidence? A different election more than a decade ago where a couple officials in a different state shirked their duties during a recount. No one in their right mind would ever think that is an adequate argument.

I am the gullible one? What have you ever done in politics? Have you even been to your state's capitol? Have you testified on legislation? Have you watched a floor session? Have you talked with your governor about election reform? Have you visited the members of your district to lobby them on a position? Have you taken constituent calls? Have you drafted an amendment to a bill? Have you had that amendment passed? I've done all that and more. So I don't need you talking out your ass about how the system works.
    Just wondering. What are the real problems you reffered to?

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't try to put me in a position to defend any of the wrongheaded support for militarism/imperialism.
    Okay. I guess Sanders would have just made the right call and would have achieved the perfect solution by simply being Bernie Sanders. Bernie the infallible.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. I guess Sanders would have just made the right call and would have achieved the perfect solution by simply being Bernie Sanders. Bernie the infallible.
    Well that's your invention. Ask the Sanders supporters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that's your invention. Ask the Sanders supporters.
    My apologies. I thought you were in support of Bernie Sanders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Maybe you want to qualify your assertion a little bit. I'm pretty sure he hasn't achieved far more than any other American politician.
    Hardly any need. That's almost damning with faint praise. Everyone else alive is on the payroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies. I thought you were in support of Bernie Sanders.
    If you'd seen much of this thread, even a few posts ago of mine, you'd know better.

Soooo Bernie has basically lost? I saw on the news he switched to trying to make Hilary adopt some of his policies. Guess he's not going for the win..

That's right, the world will never forget Ralph Nader for the many accomplishments he's had that benefitted most Americans. Something Hillary wouldn't be able to do in 10 lifetimes because her corporate paymasters won't let her.
    You want to know why Clinton supporters take on the Bernie supporters, it's because of these continuous jabs. Almost everything that is said is either a subtle or direct dig at something about Clinton. Bernie doesn't need to attack Clinton because his supporters are doing it for him. You have no proof to back up that statement yet you make it anyway.