Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You are making it rather hilarious. "I'm bad at this, therefore I'm smarter than all these stupids who are better!" Logic.
    Yes and no. Being good at FPS mostly is like being good at scanning products in a supermarket. Being intelligent does not help with you it. If you have low intellectual capacity then you will get less frustrated with the mindlessly repetitive nature of the task and find it easier to focus on the task. Because someone can scan products faster than me does not make them more intelligent.

To some extent there are things like spatial awareness and memorization which fps players are good at, so the analogy isn't perfect, but there isn't much scope for creative thinking or whatever.

There is an English footballer named Wayne Rooney who was the subject of a recent psychological study. Apparently he is like a nobel laureate genius when it comes solely to aspects of the brain which deal with spatial awareness. This is man whose owns fans chant "He's thick as pigshit" at him.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-04-24 at 11:12 PM.

So OP claims he sucks at FPS games, tries to rationalise it as being a product of his self proclaimed genius level intellect, when asked to provide evidence that points to this hypothesis, claims there isn't any and he doesn't need any, and finishes up by calling anyone better then him droolers that aren't really aware of their surroundings or why they are performing so well.

Methinks the ego doth holdeth him back more than self proclaimed mental enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    It is so sad when average people ask for evidence. It is one of the hallmarks of the average linear thinker; he is unable to read into what is being said, and understand that it builds on already understood mind mechanisms, so instead he chooses the linear way of escape that is to ask, "What's the evidence? "

Such sad lives they live.
    In other words, your thinking skills are too poor to actually substantiated anything you say, so you instead resort to grand standing and derision.
    This thread has done little more then demonstrate your ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills. Assuming it isn't just a troll attempt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Yes and no. Being good at FPS mostly is like being good at scanning products in a supermarket. Being intelligent does not help with you it. If you have low intellectual capacity then you will get less frustrated with the mindlessly repetitive nature of the task and find it easier to focus on the task. Because someone can scan products faster than me does not make them more intelligent.

To some extent there are things like spatial awareness and memorization which fps players are good at it, but there isn't much scope for creative thinking or whatever.
    Another intelligent person here - thank you for your most welcome presence.

Very good analogy with the product scanning. That's exactly right.

To some extent there are things like spatial awareness and memorization which fps players are good at it, but there isn't much scope for creative thinking or whatever.
    Simply not true. People with for example Asperger's, are often high on the IQ ladder yet can focus and become extremely repetitive in their interests and people with Aspergers are targeted by certain companies exactly for that reason. "Less" intelligent people can become bored easily and never be able to focus on one thing for a long time.

Sure thing. Strategy is just following a straight line, and requires no creativity. Well, that's something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another intelligent person here - thank you for your most welcome presence.

Very good analogy with the product scanning. That's exactly right.
    The person you quoted might actually have some weight to what they said. You on the other hand, I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out better reasoning and logic than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Yeah this is just the most desperate attempt at an excuse for sucking at games.
    I don't suck. People are always amazed at how I play. My style is one in a million; I do things in a shadowy fashion, and in higher quality than almost anyone. My problem is lack of consistency, and linear people making use of it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Linear thinking is not mutually exclusive with awareness. You can understand why certain "moves" are useful in certain situations, and use them. That's linear thinking. It's simple. It's the mechanism of the simple-minded individual.

League of Legends, FPS games, whatnot - all perfectly made for casual people, i.e., linear thinkers.
    That's all reaction time, which I don't think is based on intelligence so much as - wait for it - awareness.

OP is hilarious The weirdos of mmo-c.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    The person you quoted might actually have some weight to what they said. You on the other hand, I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out better reasoning and logic than you.
    You are so sad. You need people to define linear and abstract thinking for you, and explain with peer-reviewed articles (lol) why they apply differently to gaming... lol.

So sad. Go count to 10 or whatever linear activity you were up to.

The arrogance-o-meter just imploded.

Deleted
    Upon playing games, I often notice that the uncreative, non-intuitive, and generally close-to-average in terms of intellect persons tend to be the most consistent in gaming performance. This I say because obviously I am the opposite of all those, and notice that I differ in my gaming approach to the vast majority (hint: stupid) people. What I've noticed is that potential-wise (i.e., my maximum output), I am on a whole other level to them. That is, a given performance in which I and a linear thinker duel, I most likely demolish him. I am able to, due to my intuition and intellect, demolish his performance, and make mine excellent. Yet, as this thinker I happen to be who is able to be abstract, I can be rather inconsistent - and, because I have a natural preference for the non-linear, my gaming performance can drop drastically in case I am not in a state of deep focus.

The non-linear non-intellectual, however, even on his day off, has more consistency, for his performance has always been relying on the same pattern. His low performance happens only if the pattern is shattered by an external force, such as me. It is akin to a car that drives fast straightforwardly: it will continue by mere pushing of the pedal, and do well in that linear task; yet, a mere rock on the road can slow it down, or push it away; and, should no such obstacle be placed by an external force or agent, the car shall continue freely.

The non-intellectual, linear thinker has an advantage over the deep thinker, for even if the talent of the latter is on an incomparably higher level, the linear thinker shall be victorious by merely being awake in the midst of the briefest time of mind fatigue that occurs in the deep thinker.
    Oxbridge or gtfo you arrogant prick.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-25 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't suck. People are always amazed at how I play. My style is one in a million; I do things in a shadowy fashion, and in higher quality than almost anyone. My problem is lack of consistency, and linear people making use of it.
    So what you're saying is that you are too stupid to play better than people you deem to be not smart? Most people think they are fucking stupid when they suck at games but you are going to an Eric Cartman level of mental gymnastics in here trying to explain your shitty play away.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are so sad. You need people to define linear and abstract thinking for you, and explain with peer-reviewed articles (lol) why they apply differently to gaming... lol.

I want to see you count to 10.

1, 5, 3, 9, 4, 2...?
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account

I don't need a pseudo intellectual to explain anything to me. And as far as counting to 10...I'll get right on that after I figure out what comes after the letter G.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    I want to see you count to 10.

1, 5, 3, 9, 4, 2...?
    1, 2, 5.....3 sir!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that you are too stupid to play better than people you deem to be not smart? Most people think they are fucking stupid when they suck at games but you are going to an Eric Cartman level of mental gymnastics in here trying to explain your shitty play away.
    What I'm getting is that he's a one-trick pony with a single strategy that falls apart as soon as someone forces him out of it. I see it quite a bit in Class based shooters.

But, alas, I think we're all getting trolled anyway, so any actual debate that this dubious OP would've started is just going to fall on deaf ears. Reminds me of the guy who made a post last year just to brag about his watches. Hell, could even be the same guy!
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2016-04-24 at 11:19 PM.

To obvious, tone it down a bit.

I don't need a pseudo intellectual to explain anything to me. And as far as counting to 10...I'll get right on that after I figure out what comes after the letter G.

- - - Updated - - -

1, 2, 5.....3 sir!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Deleted
    Let me explain so you, an average man, can understand.

I play better than them. I play less consistently good. So, my great performance is akin to Antarctica, and low to a barren field of sand. The average, linear thinker is always sort of in-between, so to say. When I hit that low, his low is not low enough to be sub-par to mine. Get it? This is so easy to comprehend, like...

However, in FPS games, obviously my "great performance" is rare because that game isn't suited for great thinkers.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Generally FPS takes two primary types of skills - reaction skills and peripheral awareness. Neither of these are products of stupidity. Intelligence comes from all sorts of various capabilities. A person isn't required to be bad at some to be good at others. A person who is good at quick reactions and being aware of peripheral events instead of tunnel-vision are best at FPS. I'm not very good at FPS, but I don't rationalize based on needing to figure out how I'm superior to everyone.
    I'm not sure reaction skills are correlated with intelligence. Some of the best hunters I know aren't the brightest people around. I would agree that FPS's demand quick reaction, and awareness of peripheral events, but I'm not convinced that has to do anything with deep reasoning or strategy.