Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Plenty of people get the point of your OP, they're just smart enough to disagree with your single-minded reasoning.
    The reasoning is perfect. It explains why one form of thinking produces more consistency in video gaming than other. Can you explain what "single-minded reasoning" would be, lol? I very much wonder. Is it the reasoning that explains something in a better way than "some individuals are better than others for unknown reasons lolol"?

lol

Deleted
    Success rate in performing task- result of practice and iteration.
    Creativity - result of excessive boredom.

Boredom - lack of external stimuli.
    Lack of consistent external stimuli - leads to brain plasticity rate falling.

Resistance to change - evolution stops -atrophy begins.

Arrogance - defense mechanism associated with inflated self-image.
    OP Assimilation imminent.

I think there are many, many types of intelligence in the world. Some folks are stunningly brilliant when it comes to coding, some working with children, police forensics, in short: every field of human endeavor.

So a linear thinker might excel in something, and a deep thinker in a different thing. Both of equal value and challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmojoman View Post
    Creativity - result of excessive boredom.
    I bet I'm not the only one who stopped reading right here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I think there are many, many types of intelligence in the world. Some folks are stunningly brilliant when it comes to coding, some working with children, police forensics, in short: every field of human endeavor.

So a linear thinker might excel in something, and a deep thinker in a different thing. Both of equal value and challenge.
    Sure, I don't disagree. I'm just saying linear thinkers excel at consistent performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I don't disagree. I'm just saying linear thinkers excel at consistent performance.
    Seems like someone as smart as yourself could figure out a way to outperform the lesser minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Wait .. You are trolling, right? There is no way anyone can be this disgustingly arrogant and delusional.
    welcome to MMOC

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Fixed, now it reflects reality. ^^
    I think it's still somewhat sugarcoated, but hey, only so much you can do without breaking rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This is one of the most hilarious posts I've read here. This person, for instance, thinks that me proposing this as the best explanation is the same as thinking it's the only one out there... lol.

I mean, the reason I spend little time writing brief responses is because most of you don't even get the point in the OP. Lol.
    We can only react to what you put down. You are showing a strongly singular mindset and your only defense is "They are too stupid to understand the concept".
    The truth is, we understand you. Fully. You think you're bad at FPS because you try too creative of solutions to problems too often, and while (you think) they're brilliant, they nearly always fail, resulting in a loss...To the "stupid" linear thinkers. It's absurd. I find myself trying to rationalize your mindset, and still I can only think you're either so full of yourself you can't process anything else or you're trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You're also assuming linear thinkers aren't as intelligent as you. This is very flawed reasoning.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Seems like someone as smart as yourself could figure out a way to outperform the lesser minds.
    Seriously, read better what I wrote. I made it perfectly clear that I demolish them in the vast majority of cases where I perform well (that is, accordingly to my own high standards). The issue is that I often go astray in my thinking and try to do complex things where the opponent does the simple, tested methods. Sure, it's my fault - but it's the result of my nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    OP has a slow OODA loop and people get inside of it rendering him unable to respond effectively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop
    Wow, didn't know that existed... it's in my favorites now Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I bow to OP's superior intellect.

All hail Mirkzat. Lord of the Dum-Dums.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    We can only react to what you put down. You are showing a strongly singular mindset and your only defense is "They are too stupid to understand the concept".
    The truth is, we understand you. Fully. You think you're bad at FPS because you try too creative of solutions to problems too often, and while (you think) they're brilliant, they nearly always fail, resulting in a loss...To the "stupid" linear thinkers. It's absurd. I find myself trying to rationalize your mindset, and still I can only think you're either so full of yourself you can't process anything else or you're trolling.
    Suppose I cannot climb a wall because I broke my arms. If that is the best explanation, it is the best explanation. Cut the "singular mindset" nonsense and get to the point.

You're also assuming linear thinkers aren't as intelligent as you. This is very flawed reasoning.
    No, most linear thinkers are average, but not all linear thinkers are.

Seriously, read better what I wrote. I made it perfectly clear that I demolish them in the vast majority of cases where I perform well (that is, accordingly to my own high standards). The issue is that I often go astray in my thinking and try to do complex things where the opponent does the simple, tested methods. Sure, it's my fault - but it's the result of my nature.
    Can you please not ignore my reply on page 6? Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what your now saying is you are too stupid to focus on a single or maybe 2-3 tasks in a simple game. Can't be that damn smart if you can't do what has been proven to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I don't know if there's a word for it, but it's always an interesting fanatical method of thinking. You see it a lot in politics. A person will first hold that their party is right, no matter what, and all facts are then interpreted and evaluated around that singular belief. You see it often in religion (and lack of religion) where the particular belief is right first, and all facts are then interpreted with respect to that.

In this case, we seem to have someone who's fanatical thought is that he is more intelligent than everyone else, and then every fact must secondly be interpreted around that.

Or he's just trolling.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

And it doesn't make you smart and them dumb, on the contrary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    So what your now saying is you are too stupid to focus on a single or maybe 2-3 tasks in a simple game. Can't be that damn smart if you can't do what has been proven to work.
    Your naiveness is showing off. Might want to disguise it as invisibility if you can.

OP is focusing on replying to this thread quite impressively. However, performance at trolling appears to vary.

Must be of average troll intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Wow, didn't know that existed... it's in my favorites now Thanks
    I first heard about it with respect to Donald Trumps presidential bid. He stays inside the OODA loop of other candidates. He throws out controversies so fast that other candidates are constantly trying to re-frame and don't respond effectively. Due to a relatively small campaign footprint compared to other candidates he's been able to redirect his campaign much faster than any other campaign before, and more than anything, that's what's allowed him to stay ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnar View Post
    OP is focusing on replying to this thread quite impressively. However, performance at trolling appears to vary.

Must be of average troll intelligence.
    introlligence.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I first heard about it with respect to Donald Trumps presidential bid. He stays inside the OODA loop of other candidates. He throws out controversies so fast that other candidates are constantly trying to re-frame and don't respond effectively. Due to a relatively small campaign footprint compared to other candidates he's been able to redirect his campaign much faster than any other campaign before, and more than anything, that's what's allowed him to stay ahead.
    My friend Rukh, Trump is exactly a non-linear thinking guy. That he beats the linear thinkers is no surprise.

Try again.