Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    It may be the best plot of the books, but is it essential to the main storyline? Weiss and Benioff know to some extent where the books are going. When both novels and show are over, we may think "Yeah, I understand why they left that part out."

It's like Lord of the Rings. The journey through the Old Forest and Tom Bombadil are parts that were left out of the movies. I often read comments complaining about that because they loved Bombadil and the adventures that the Hobbits live in the Old Forest and the Barrow-downs. Was this episode enjoyable? Yes. Was it really essential to the main storyline? Not much. So it got scrapped.
    As Tehealadin stated. In LOTR the whole Bombadil passage was scrapped because, the story could work fine without him. They didn't destroy the character.
    In this scenario, Doran is weak, his guard is weak, Ellaria is a stupid bitch that destroys Dorne "For Oberyn", even tho Oberyn would never want his brother, nephew, and Dorne killed...
    They could have skipped it in a sort of way. No useless fights, no useless lines (Bad pussy great writing there dudes), no out of line deaths.

There is a major difference between skipping an arc, and ruining it with shit changes.

I did think of one way this storyline *can* make sense. Ellaria and the Snakes all know that they killed Myrcella, something Doran doesn't know yet. They can probably figure out that as soon as the word spreads, even mild-mannered Doran will have his hand forced to either kill them to appease the Lannisters, or actually hand them over to the Lannisters themselves. Because Doran is sure as shit not going to stand up for them after they murder Myrcella. So they take a pre-emptive strike against both the reasonable ruler and the heir who loved Myrcella.

It could be written well that way - but if there's one ounce of "we did this for Oberyn, fuck the world!" type nonsense, shark officially jumped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I did think of one way this storyline *can* make sense. Ellaria and the Snakes all know that they killed Myrcella, something Doran doesn't know yet. They can probably figure out that as soon as the word spreads, even mild-mannered Doran will have his hand forced to either kill them to appease the Lannisters, or actually hand them over to the Lannisters themselves. Because Doran is sure as shit not going to stand up for them after they murder Myrcella. So they take a pre-emptive strike against both the reasonable ruler and the heir who loved Myrcella.

It could be written well that way - but if there's one ounce of "we did this for Oberyn, fuck the world!" type nonsense, shark officially jumped.
    I did think of that, but based on the reactions of the Sand Snakes, there doesn't seem to be any of the regret i'd expect to see from that course of action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    As Tehealadin stated. In LOTR the whole Bombadil passage was scrapped because, the story could work fine without him. They didn't destroy the character.
    In this scenario, Doran is weak, his guard is weak, Ellaria is a stupid bitch that destroys Dorne "For Oberyn", even tho Oberyn would never want his brother, nephew, and Dorne killed...
    They could have skipped it in a sort of way. No useless fights, no useless lines (Bad pussy great writing there dudes), no out of line deaths.

There is a major difference between skipping an arc, and ruining it with shit changes.
    Well, let's wait after tonight's episode to see if Ellaria is doing it only "for Oberyn" (because yes, revenge for Oberyn's death is her main motivation). Something bugs me in the spoiler. If I remember well, Trystane should be in King's Landing. So, how the Sand Snakes could kill him? If I remember correctly, they remained in Sunspear with their mother. Cersei could be murdering Trystane though.

If Ellaria can put the blame of Doran and Trystane's deaths on the Lannisters, things would be much different. The rules of successions are not the same in Dorne. They don't care if the ruler is a man or a woman and they are far more lenient toward bastards. So, crowning one of the Sand Snakes as Princess of Dorne may not be impossible. Obara is the eldest, but Tyene is the eldest daughter of Ellaria, Oberyn's paramour, herself born of a noble father (while Obara's mother was a whore of Old Town). Tyene also got more attention in the show. Princess Bad Pussy...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

She does all this for Oberyn anyway. Her main quarrel with Doran was because he refused to take action against the Lannisters through Myrcella. She tried to go against his orders once, Doran forgave her, but threatened her that there won't be a second chance. So, that's two reasons to kill Doran. One for Oberyn, the other for survival.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to stay up till 3am spamming torrent sites to see if the episode gets uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Time to stay up till 3am spamming torrent sites to see if the episode gets uploaded.
    But muh piracy is bad

I suspect that this will be a very bloody season and that various minor and major characters will end up dead. Those two images - assuming they're real - add weight to that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Inb4 Doran is murdered in the Books and the same culprits spin around talking about how its somehow better than the show.
    Jesus Christ, are you relatives with Dumb and Dumber? You keep defending every shitty decision they make like you're on a payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Jesus Christ, are you relatives with Dumb and Dumber? You keep defending every shitty decision they make like you're on a payroll.
    Could you please point out where I'm defending them?

Perhaps, shockingly, I'm not actually defending them, but your blind hatred of everything they do is making people who are doing nothing but laughing at your ilk's tantrums seeming like they're defending bad decisions on the show.

Although if they do kill Doran in the books this way, it'll be really funny seeing yours and Helden's meltdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    But muh piracy is bad
    Is it? Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Could you please point out where I'm defending them?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Discussion***

Cute. Could you actually point out where I've defended them here?

Because I know you're not above pretending that me defending them on something else means I am here as if there's no nuance to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some GoT facebook page said there was 1 hour left. This was at midnight (my time). So it airs over there at what, 2 or 3am?

Deleted
    What does brutally murdering the little family Oberyn had achieve?

I'm trying really hard to visualise the logic but there doesn't seem to be any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    What does brutally murdering the little family Oberyn had achieve?

I'm trying really hard to visualise the logic but there doesn't seem to be any.
    The Ellaria faction wants revenge and, by extention, war. It's killed or be killed. If she hadn't murdered Doran, then she'd probably get her head cut off.

The confusion comes, i think, from the fact the in the show the Dorne act was almost pointless. It only served to introduce Doran and co and get Cersei's kid killed off. But Doran's coming into the fold is practically useless since he doesn't do anything other than die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some GoT facebook page said there was 1 hour left. This was at midnight (my time). So it airs over there at what, 2 or 3am?
    airs in 10 min in the USA , 9pm here

Deleted
    The Ellaria faction wants revenge and, by extention, war. It's killed or be killed. If she hadn't murdered Doran, then she'd probably get her head cut off.

The confusion comes, i think, from the fact the in the show the Dorne act was almost pointless. It only served to introduce Doran and co and get Cersei's kid killed off. But Doran's coming into the fold is practically useless since he doesn't do anything other than die.
    Yeah I guess its irrationnal by nature but it's just the gutting of the book Dorne storyline that sucks.

Some things can be ommitted for sure but this seems like bullshit.

Plus Areo would let that skank within ten feet of Doran, nor would his men.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2016-04-25 at 01:08 AM.

So all it takes to kill a Major Lord of a Kingdom is 3 poor fighters and a crazy widow?

I mean come on.

Deleted
    Just remember her falling of the balcony in ROme if she gets too unbearable.
    It helps.