Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    My friend Rukh, Trump is exactly a non-linear thinking guy. That he beats the linear thinkers is no surprise.

Try again.
    What am I supposed to be trying again, again?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    I don't think this applies to gaming or real life. I think you try to justify your moments of hesitation by glorifying them, turning them into moments of intense processing. Overthinking makes you just as dumb as underthinking as the result is pretty much the same.

While playing wow, in any new circumstances, i will most likely have a list of priorities, that refer to both my skills and to the order in which i choose to tackle my opponents. The list of priorities can change dinamicly as the conditions of the fight change, in the case in which i am not in full control. I am not going to brag about what i have achieved in WoW, you'll just have to believe me that i am a very efficient player (aka good blabla).

There was a time when i used to put people into categories and that time has long passed. All humans, no matter their level of intelligence (as perceived by others), have qualities and lesser qualities. You get to understand this after quite a life experience, or if you are able to learn from it. All great leaders choose their "soldiers" as pieces of a puzzle, where the puzzle itself is whole, not the individual. This great team (the puzzle) is comprised of people that complement each-other, in cases in which some fail, others shine and at the end of the day everyone congratulates each-other and the bond strenghtens.

Maybe it's more to stuff than you can see at first, why not have a look from another perspective?
    What you described fits perfectly well with linear thinking. A linear thinker, however, is only very restrictedly dynamic; he will change accordingly to a situation but only within tested methods. An abstract thinker has subconscious flow of processes that make his attempt at trying his tested methods much more difficult in more situations than is the case for the linear thinker.

As for the qualities of people, I don't care. I think most people are incredibly shallow and whatever, so I don't think much about them, good or bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    What am I supposed to be trying again, again?
    Find another way to beat your linear thinking so that you can give an interesting response.

7+ Year Old Account
    So a bunch of "casuals" and "teens" beat you up in skill plays and your higher mind cannot asume it.. ok.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Find another way to beat your linear thinking so that you can give an interesting response.
    I'm not really that invested in whether you find my responses interesting or not. Is there some sort of reward incentive you could provide?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Suppose I cannot climb a wall because I broke my arms. If that is the best explanation, it is the best explanation. Cut the "singular mindset" nonsense and get to the point.

No, most linear thinkers are average, but not all linear thinkers are.

Then why say they are stupid? What point is there in grinding intellectual stones on something so simple as a game? You literally have no idea the type or scale of intellect you're dealing with. It would have been a much better and less confrontational discussion had you not stroked your ego and stated something like this:
    "I believe linear thinkers end up being better at FPS games than lateral thinkers." Then offer your reasons... then discuss.
    The attack towards other's intellect on the get go is horribly inconsiderate and terribly illogical on a forum for discussion purposes. Unless you mean to troll. Then, I guess, you win. My ego cannot compete with yours.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

What you described fits perfectly well with linear thinking. A linear thinker, however, is only very restrictedly dynamic; he will change accordingly to a situation but only within tested methods. An abstract thinker has subconscious flow of processes that make his attempt at trying his tested methods much more difficult in more situations than is the case for the linear thinker.

As for the qualities of people, I don't care. I think most people are incredibly shallow and whatever, so I don't think much about them, good or bad.

- - - Updated - - -

You are obviously trolling and i am quite upset, as i thought this was an interesting discussion. Burning obnoxious trolls at the stake should be common practice imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    So a bunch of "casuals" and "teens" beat you up in skill plays and your higher mind cannot asume it.. ok.
    There's more to it than what you say... but whatever. You're not the only linear thinker who misunderstands. That's alright.

You know, a monkey could beat me at climbing a tree and picking bananas... over and over. But with more rules allowed, I would tear his linear task apart by cutting down the tree. Of course, in the linear FPS games, I can't do more than shoot... so that's that. But the possibilities my deep thinking offers are many, so maybe one glorious day I shall find a way?

Deleted
    My dear god I hope this is a troll, either that or it's the biggest case of narcissistic personality disorder I've ever read O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    You are obviously trolling and i am quite upset, as i thought this was an interesting discussion. Burning obnoxious trolls at the stake should be common practice imo.
    He's succeeding too. He keeps going until he can get infractions to all those who call him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Have you played FPS games? If you are intelligent, chances are you are bad.
    get better ???

Deleted
    For the record, while we're chatting here, I shall be downloading CS:GO and see if I can show the linear thinkers who's the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's more to it than what you say... but whatever. You're not the only linear thinker who misunderstands. That's alright.

You know, a monkey could beat me at climbing a tree and picking bananas... over and over. But with more rules allowed, I would tear his linear task apart by cutting down the tree. Of course, in the linear FPS games, I can't do more than shoot... so that's that. But the possibilities my deep thinking offers are many, so maybe one glorious day I shall find a way?
    With that analogy you'd ruin your future harvest because you no longer have a banana tree.
    What the hell man, are you even trying?
    Thundercunts and stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    With that analogy you'd ruin your future harvest because you no longer have a banana tree.
    What the hell man, are you even trying?
    Who says it's my tree?

Sigh. Any hope for intelligent discussion was destroyed when the troll stated his purpose directly. I am done.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

For the record, while we're chatting here, I shall be downloading CS:GO and see if I can show the linear thinkers who's the boss.
    Stream it so we can all have a laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That's a new..."I suck at this game because I'm too smart for my own good!!". Haha!
    Plenty of people excell in all sorts of games. Reflex-bound, tactical, FPS, you name it. It's rarely black and white with people.
    Thanks for fucking that up, for a second there I thunked I was smert.

Who says it's my tree?
    I do. Its right in front of your house. Now you have fallen a tree on your house. That seems like a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says it's my tree?
    Then you're ruining somebody elses property, thus putting yourself up for criminal charges.
    Cause and effect, does your superior intellect not grasp this?
    Thundercunts and stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    "I believe linear thinkers end up being better at FPS games than lateral thinkers." Then offer your reasons...
    An abstract thinker will have fluid processing of thoughts, and this can result in performance drop because not everything is processed in the linear way that has the winning formula.

So simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Then you're ruining somebody elses property, thus putting yourself up for criminal charges.
    Cause and effect, does your superior intellect not grasp this?
    Who says anyone claims it as theirs?

See, linear assumptions again. So predictable, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Anywho, I will choose Counter Terrorist, because obviously we all know what linear thinkers love the most.

- - - Updated - - -

And sorry for my delayed responses in the meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    He's succeeding too. He keeps going until he can get infractions to all those who call him out.
    1 hour to go until 1st Ep of Season 6 Game of Thrones airs and it's getting boring... Hope i can live without wishing this guy that his cancer gets aids or smth.