Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Bogus nonsensical explanation. The change from "global warming" to "climate change" was a blatant attempt to keep the hysteria going once predictions were proven wrong time after time after time after time after time after time.
    This is literally conspiracy-theory balderdash.

http://climate.ncsu.edu/edu/k12/.gwvcc
    https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...climate-change
    http://pmm.nasa.gov/education/articl...climate-change
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/cli...al-warming.htm

You may as well be complaining that round-Earthers are conspiring to hide the truth about the flat Earth from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's proving exactly what I know it's proving, thank you. I was joking with Gheld. We'll speak again once you understand how I held my hand in liquid nitrogen for seven seconds without injury. Then we'll all be on the same level.

thats exactly my point

heat capacity =/= heat transfer rate

almost may. and snowing.

* you can hear laughing Scandinavians in the distance *

thats cute.

at this rate i'm just hoping we'll get rid of the snow before june.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Global. If the temperature in A drops by 2 degrees and the temperature in B and C increases by 2 degrees each, then the average is still going up.
    Why would it drop in some places to begin with if it's called global warming? Why wouldn't it just rise everywhere?

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    Why would it drop in some places to begin with if it's called global warming? Why wouldn't it just rise everywhere?
    Global warming is used to describe the Earth warming as a whole.

In area's where the temperature is NOT rising is precisely why the term, climate change, was created and is the correct terminology to use.

Average temperature. Average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Short version: Climate Change is a lot more complex than that.

Slightly Longer Version: Air and water currents get shifted, which mean some areas get unseasonal cooling, while the areas that used to get those get unseasonably warmer. Or no area gets cooled, so all areas previously affected now have unseasonably warm winters and autumns, and even hotter springs and summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    just let america screw the world over abit more , maybe will have a season to invade america some day
    Good luck with that. Dat chinese pollution tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Global warming is used to describe the Earth warming as a whole.

In area's where the temperature is NOT rising is precisely why the term, climate change, was created and is the correct terminology to use.
    LOL whatever you say, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Good luck with that. Dat chinese pollution tho...
    China pollutes less per person than the US. It's also a kindergarten argument to say "well well what about THEM I won't behave unless you MAKE THEM!". And oh, they already are working on it.

You have to also understand they want you to think that Polar Bears are going extinct and that the remaining ones are floating on a small piece of ice when in fact their numbers are steadily increasing.

I do believe humans are making some effect but i do not think it is as big of an effect as people want to make it out to be. Volcanic eruptions i believe puts out more CO2 than humans do each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    China pollutes less per person than the US. It's also a kindergarten argument to say "well well what about THEM I won't behave unless you MAKE THEM!". And oh, they already are working on it.
    So you've been there to observe the progress then, i take it? Because they have such a wide open-door policy with the rest of the civilized world. Interesting.
    But more to the point. America can do whatever it wants and nobody can do anything about it. Good luck trying, though.

So you've been there to observe the progress then, i take it? Because they have such a wide open-door policy with the rest of the civilized world. Interesting.
    But more to the point. America can do whatever it wants and nobody can do anything about it. Good luck trying, though.
    Hi, I live in America.

Even if we don't have anything to do with Climate Change (which is a.. retarded stance to take, but okay), why on earth do you oppose cleaner air and water? I'd rather not live in a climate-controlled suit because I can't breath air due to pollutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    You have to also understand they want you to think that Polar Bears are going extinct and that the remaining ones are floating on a small piece of ice when in fact their numbers are steadily increasing.

I do believe humans are making some effect but i do not think it is as big of an effect as people want to make it out to be. Volcanic eruptions i believe puts out more CO2 than humans do each year.
    Be careful with that line of thinking, the environazi's dont allow critical thinking.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions

You do realise America isn't some super nation existing on a planet different from everybody else because you know USA USA? I mean fuck I live in the UK one the nations much lower down on the impact of climate change but good luck with the effects on agriculture in your southern states moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is literally conspiracy-theory balderdash.

http://climate.ncsu.edu/edu/k12/.gwvcc
    https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...climate-change
    http://pmm.nasa.gov/education/articl...climate-change
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/cli...al-warming.htm

You may as well be complaining that round-Earthers are conspiring to hide the truth about the flat Earth from everyone.
    Even easier refutation comes from Google's Ngram Viewer.

Both phrases have always been common. Both have continued to be used more than in the past. Climate change has picked up in usage somewhat faster. That ain't an evil conspiracy.

Hi, I live in America.

Even if we don't have anything to do with Climate Change (which is a.. retarded stance to take, but okay), why on earth do you oppose cleaner air and water? I'd rather not live in a climate-controlled suit because I can't breath air due to pollutants.
    I do NOT oppose it. I oppose the politicization of it. Here's the thing. The biggest polluters are still polluting. they simply pay a "tax" that allows them to keep doing what they're doing? WTF sense does that make? But the average you and me get fucked when its time to have our vehicles' emissions checked and could end up being prohibited from driving if they fail. It's a rigged game, and the the only losers are the "little people"

I do NOT oppose it. I oppose the politicization of it. Here's the thing. The biggest polluters are still polluting. they simply pay a "tax" that allows them to keep doing what they're doing? WTF sense does that make? But the average you and me get fucked when its time to have our vehicles' emissions checked and could end up being prohibited from driving if they fail. It's a rigged game, and the the only losers are the "little people"
    So instead of calling everyone environazis, realize that you should actually work toward making those polluters not making money off you when possible?

I mean christ, of all the things to own a car "making sure it's emissions are good" is so low on the list.. you realize that when you fail because your emissions aren't inline it generally means something about your car is FUCKED, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be putting out that shit.

Until people are ready to live simple and off of the land, more in tune with nature, this will never, ever, ever, stop. 7 trillion+ people on this earth, and for some strange r3eason the powers that be want them all in major cities. Plenty of room to spread out and live in the beauty that is nature, but no. Lets cram everyone into concrete jungles because MUH TECKNOLGIES!

- - - Updated - - -

So instead of calling everyone environazis, realize that you should actually work toward making those polluters not making money off you when possible?

I mean christ, of all the things to own a car "making sure it's emissions are good" is so low on the list.. you realize that when you fail because your emissions aren't inline it generally means something about your car is FUCKED, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be putting out that shit.
    Maybe a bad example, but the point is still valid.

Until people are ready to live simple and off of the land, more in tune with nature, this will never, ever, ever, stop. 7 trillion+ people on this earth, and for some strange r3eason the powers that be want them all in major cities. Plenty of room to spread out and live in the beauty that is nature, but no. Lets cram everyone into concrete jungles because MUH TECKNOLGIES!
    ...people have gone en masse to big cities pretty much since the invention of big cities. this isn't NEW. mostly because you're far more vulnerable when you live out in the middle of nowhere by yourself.