Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    If your method of thinking is too inflexible to leverage it for advantage in a competitive environment, then you are probably also a linear thinker, but one who is also unfocused. There's a fairly low level of intelligence required to be creative, and a fairly high level of intelligence required to move back and forth in an iterative process developing more streamlined thought methods to use intelligence effectively. If you can't develop transformational thought processes through practice, then you're probably just average.

And hell, spacial transformation and rotation is one of the best indicators of intelligence we have. It's also trainable using things like mentally navigating 3d environments.

How is Bosnia the heart of Europe? Maybe you could spuriously claim so in a geographic sense, but absolutely not in any cultural, social, or religious sense.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Interesting observation I have here - people finding issue with my self-proclaimed, self-evident intellectual superiority, yet would probably admit to being more intelligent than a person who is clearly less intelligent than them. Just because I can say it to more people than you doesn't make me more arrogant.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you from?
    It's funny to think (non-linear ofc) how you would fight with other patients over who gets to be Napoleon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Your responses in this thread have been demonstrative of linear thinking, as you define it.
    And look at your posts, all the same. You'd think you were reading the same post over an over again, lol.
    Using the linear thinker's own medicine against himself is wonderful. He says the same thing, I throw it back at him.

Interesting observation I have here - people finding issue with my self-proclaimed, self-evident intellectual superiority, yet would probably admit to being more intelligent than a person who is clearly less intelligent than them. Just because I can say it to more people than you doesn't make me more arrogant.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you from?
    Irrelevant. What have you invented, built, improved upon, or otherwise contributed with your "intellect" other than fedora-flavored ramblings on an inconsequential webpage? I'm guessing it's not much. Good day, sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    If your method of thinking is too inflexible to leverage it for advantage in a competitive environment, then you are probably also a linear thinker, but one who is also unfocused. There's a fairly low level of intelligence required to be creative, and a fairly high level of intelligence required to move back and forth in an iterative process developing more streamlined thought methods to use intelligence effectively. If you can't develop transformational thought processes through practice, then you're probably just average.

And hell, spacial transformation and rotation is one of the best indicators of intelligence we have. It's also trainable using things like mentally navigating 3d environments.
    Also doesn't get the point of the OP. The OP says my thinking is like that - flexible. But, overly so.

Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    How is Bosnia the heart of Europe? Maybe you could spuriously claim so in a geographic sense, but absolutely not in any cultural, social, or religious sense.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    No country is the cultural, social, or religious "heart" of Europe, lol. But my country is a bit heart-shaped, don't you think?

Seems to me that Mirkzat is trying to put "linear" and "abstract" as more or less permanent traits of people. Let me suggest an alternative that, to my mind, allows for a broad interpretation without glorifying your inflated ego.

Within the world of sports coaching, we often look at degrees of skill along a simple four-step ladder: obliviously incompetent, knowingly incompetent, knowingly competent and finally obliviously competent.

The idea is simple: when people first start out, they might suck and not know why. With practice, they'll start to realise and reflect on their shortcomings so they can make concerted efforts at improving themselves. Finally, with hours of training/repetition, they will attain mastery of a skill, no longer thinking about its execution.

This holds true to most skills. From playing a musical instrument, to managing your stamina running marathon or considering responses during a debate, continued practice will bring your from what Mirkzat is calling "abstract non-linear" thinking to "stupidly linear" thinking.

The linear thinkers here aren't stupid (and I've failed to find any references to your claimed facts made in your original post, sir). Neither, to be fair, are the "abstract" thinkers. In the realm of competitive skill-based activities, I view the linear more highly - as I see it, they've reached a point of practice where they excel at that particular activity. This skill is transferable, for example between FPS shooters or between sports activities involving balls.

Come to think of it, I think I've inadvertently suggested that Mirkzat is the lesser person for assuming that a longer thought process is superior to those who have made it part of their action plan. I assure you, that was unintentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upon playing games, I often notice that the uncreative, non-intuitive, and generally close-to-average in terms of intellect persons tend to be the most consistent in gaming performance. This I say because obviously I am the opposite of all those, and notice that I differ in my gaming approach to the vast majority (hint: stupid) people. What I've noticed is that potential-wise (i.e., my maximum output), I am on a whole other level to them. That is, a given performance in which I and a linear thinker duel, I most likely demolish him. I am able to, due to my intuition and intellect, demolish his performance, and make mine excellent. Yet, as this thinker I happen to be who is able to be abstract, I can be rather inconsistent - and, because I have a natural preference for the non-linear, my gaming performance can drop drastically in case I am not in a state of deep focus.

The non-linear non-intellectual, however, even on his day off, has more consistency, for his performance has always been relying on the same pattern. His low performance happens only if the pattern is shattered by an external force, such as me. It is akin to a car that drives fast straightforwardly: it will continue by mere pushing of the pedal, and do well in that linear task; yet, a mere rock on the road can slow it down, or push it away; and, should no such obstacle be placed by an external force or agent, the car shall continue freely.

The non-intellectual, linear thinker has an advantage over the deep thinker, for even if the talent of the latter is on an incomparably higher level, the linear thinker shall be victorious by merely being awake in the midst of the briefest time of mind fatigue that occurs in the deep thinker.

I really want to print this out and have it on my PS4. A custom skin to honor this work of art.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Also doesn't get the point of the OP. The OP says my thinking is like that - flexible. But, overly so.

Try again.
    Which is a delusion created by your incompetence. It's not a big deal, the world is full of people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maischou View Post
    Seems to me that Mirkzat is trying to put "linear" and "abstract" as more or less permanent traits of people. Let me suggest an alternative that, to my mind, allows for a broad interpretation without glorifying your inflated ego.

Within the world of sports coaching, we often look at degrees of skill along a simple four-step ladder: obliviously incompetent, knowingly incompetent, knowingly competent and finally obliviously competent.

The idea is simple: when people first start out, they might suck and not know why. With practice, they'll start to realise and reflect on their shortcomings so they can make concerted efforts at improving themselves. Finally, with hours of training/repetition, they will attain mastery of a skill, no longer thinking about its execution.

This holds true to most skills. From playing a musical instrument, to managing your stamina running marathon or considering responses during a debate, continued practice will bring your from what Mirkzat is calling "abstract non-linear" thinking to "stupidly linear" thinking.

The linear thinkers here aren't stupid (and I've failed to find any references to your claimed facts made in your original post, sir). Neither, to be fair, are the "abstract" thinkers. In the realm of competitive skill-based activities, I view the linear more highly - as I see it, they've reached a point of practice where they excel at that particular activity. This skill is transferable, for example between FPS shooters or between sports activities involving balls.

Come to think of it, I think I've inadvertently suggested that Mirkzat is the lesser person for assuming that a longer thought process is superior to those who have made it part of their action plan. I assure you, that was unintentional.
    I think he proved it by starting the thread. Great response, btw

It depends upon the systems and game mechanics. Fluid systems of play would pose a higher degree of difficulty for linear thinkers to adapt. This would not mean linear thinkers would be incapable of adaptation, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I really want to print this out and have it on my PS4. A custom skin to honor this work of art.
    That would be a good way to honour our day's non-recognized highly honourable artist.

I think I would have been more appreciated in Middle Ages than today.

The thread is dying! Dance for us poppet, dance!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

7+ Year Old Account
    I almost thought this was a Tennisace thread. But this one is lacking something. Wit, perhaps?

I don't suck. People are always amazed at how I play. My style is one in a million; I do things in a shadowy fashion, and in higher quality than almost anyone. My problem is lack of consistency, and linear people making use of it.
    This boils down to everyone (even the people who suck at games) getting lucky sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread wasn;t going to go anywhere prodcutive from the start. CLosing this.

CLOSED.