Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not a Trump supporter but every rich guy does shit like this for fun. If I had the money for it I'd do it too, so I can't judge.

7+ Year Old Account
    hunting because you want food = fine

hunting because it's "fun" = douchebag

My dad tried to get me into that heartless sht when i was a teenager, until I told him I didn't care if he punished me, I wasn't going to do it. He gave up.

Yes, yes. The inevitable question " Do you eat meat?" Yes. You will note i said it's ok if its for eating.

I've never understood how people can enjoy shooting an animal with a gun. What does that prove? Yes, firearms are vastly superior to teeth and claws. Especially if you do it from a great distance where they have no opportunity to react. It's basically like ganking lowbies in WoW, only an animal winds up dead at the end of it.

When I look at those pictures I see a beautiful wild animal dead and an ugly rich asshole smiling.

P.S. Number of leopards left in the world - 250k. Number of elephants - about 500k. Number of humans - 7.1 billion and rising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So how do you guys feel about wild hogs and coyotes being killed?

In general nearly everywhere allows infinite killings of these specific two creatures.

/sips tea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Chances are these hunts were conducted on conservation where culling of animals is required to keep an eco-system in balance.

But hey, that answer is boring so lets just shoot straight to the "Omgerd they shot da animerz!"
    Yeah, sure, and I wouldn't care if it was done by professionals, these guys are not.

How do I know that? Because they took trophy pictures, it's disgusting, even if there was a reason for those animals to be shot, there sure as hell werent one for posing with their bodies or cutting of their parts after death.
    These are genuinly endangered animals, even if their populations are stable atm simply because of these types of hunts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So how do you guys feel about wild hogs and coyotes being killed?

In general nearly everywhere allows infinite killings of these specific two creatures.

/sips tea
    I will always view pointless killing as pointless. No matter the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are Trump supporter's thoughts about these?

Do you have an issue with hunters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I love knowing that these are the boys the U.S's next president (I hate the man and his ideas, but I've come to reality) has raised, hunting animals for sport, and throwing them away after killing them.
    It's highly unlikely that they "threw" the meat away, but you know... whatever floats your boat (not that I care if they did or did not).

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Such as innate biological instincts that we still retain from our ancestors.
    That is not law though. Even if, and I am giving a lot here with the 'if', there was a biological disposition for not killing your own species; this would still not be law as applied to animals or other species or the basis for modern law.

Which is why murder is a crime in virtually every country regardless of ethnicity, type of government, or location.
    Moreover, the rational basis for murder being a crime is advantageous to our own survival. The insertion of biological 'right' and 'wrong', or simply, a biological morality is unneeded and specious at best. As murder has been decriminalized in various societies around the world- such as Mayans not having a concept of murder as crime or the ancient Maori.

Some murders were state sanctioned in the ages past.

Murder also applies to humans, not animals. It is a construction of human mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Is hunting elephants and leopards legal anywhere?
    Yes, it's legal in certain parts of Africa (for the same reason that it's legal in the United States).

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What if the fact that hunting certain animals being legal in certain countries in Africa leads to the extinction of those animals?

Would you say that there have been, and still are, certain laws in certain countries of the world, that absolutely aren't right, just, or moral, and absolutely need to be changed, and while the argument could be made that the changing of said laws should be left to the people who live in those countries, one might also argue that people from other countries should at least not go abuse those laws and do those wrong, unjust and immoral things? Because, isn't the alternative to say that all laws are always right, and should never be changed?
    You're acting like the Africans would maintain them without the support of non-Africans hunting/paying for their conservation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've never understood how people can enjoy shooting an animal with a gun. What does that prove? Yes, firearms are vastly superior to teeth and claws. Especially if you do it from a great distance where they have no opportunity to react. It's basically like ganking lowbies in WoW, only an animal winds up dead at the end of it.

When I look at those pictures I see a beautiful wild animal dead and an ugly rich asshole smiling.

P.S. Number of leopards left in the world - 250k. Number of elephants - about 500k. Number of humans - 7.1 billion and rising.
    I'll never understand how people can enjoy shooting an animal with a bow or killing them with a stick. What does that prove? Geez... !

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That is not law though. Even if, and I am giving a lot here with the 'if', there was a biological disposition for not killing your own species; this would still not be law as applied to animals or other species or the basis for modern law.
    I'm saying the law could have been influenced by innate biological instinct, nothing more, earliest codes and laws would support my assertion (even religious pretexts outlaw the killing of one's own species). I'm not interested in derailing this topic to entertain a philosophical argument, you can PM if that is your desire.

OT: I don't think it's fair to project your views of someone's offspring onto the parent themselves, I'm not a Trump supporter, but it really isn't rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You do understand that Trump has pretty much no chance of winning at all, right?

- - - Updated - - -

There's no "law" or biological issue regarding being a douchebag, but if you are one, then you are one.

It doesn't always have to be about legality or biology. Some people are just douchebags.
    According to whom? Regardless, Trump, like Le Pen, Farage, Wilders or the Swedish Democrats, etc., is your "soft" option for the nationalists on the right, so I wouldn't press too hard for the alternative that's brewing across the Occident.

I'm saying the law could have been influenced by innate biological instinct, nothing more, earliest codes and laws would support my assertion (even religious pretexts outlaw the killing of one's own species). I'm not interested in derailing this topic to entertain a philosophical argument, you can PM if that is your desire.
    But it is neither applicable to this conversation, my post or accurate. Infanticide was legal in some societies- that is defined as the intentional murder of children.

All law is a human construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It doesn't always have to be about legality or biology. Some people are just douchebags.
    Subjective. Not useful.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    But it is neither applicable to this conversation, my post or accurate. Infanticide was legal in some societies- that is defined as the intentional murder of children.

All law is a human construction.
    And part of that human construction is innate instinct.

And part of that human construction is innate instinct.
    Which has no basis in object morality.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I will always view pointless killing as pointless. No matter the animal.
    So basically your entire argument is based on personal emotion with no knowledge what so ever about hunting.

There is a reason wild hogs and coyotes are open season 365 days a year.

I see no problems here. Guys hunt legally, there's no problems. To bad if it hurts your feelings.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Which has no basis in object morality.
    Which is why any rational person prefers a group subjective morality towards an objective one, exactly like our laws support. Which is why instinct is most certainly relevant.

inb4 butthurt peta cucks
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I'll never understand how people can enjoy shooting an animal with a bow or killing them with a stick. What does that prove? Geez... !
    It's not a whole lot better but at least it takes effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.