Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    lol you cant even compare the two but thanks for showing us how little you know.
    Actually you can do that perfectly. The Turkish law doesn't allow it, she does it on Turkish soil, she can be arrested for committing a crime in the eyes of Turkish law. No matter how severe the crime is. Usually in these matters the journalists are being released from prison fairly quick to not inflame international political damages.

And that last remark is just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    We have this thing in the west called "freedom of speech" and "press freedom". We make fun of our royal family all the time, that's called banter, mate. However, Erdogan is something along the lines of a dictator (à la Franco) and will show you the hand of "justice" when you dare impede him.

He's no better than the feminazis who are offended by everything.
    Agreed, but that's besides the point. Freedom of speech doesn't exist any longer in Turkey either.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Actually you can do that perfectly. The Turkish law doesn't allow it, she does it on Turkish soil, she can be arrested for committing a crime in the eyes of Turkish law. No matter how severe the crime is. Usually in these matters the journalists are being released from prison fairly quick to not inflame international political damages.

And that last remark is just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, but that's besides the point. Freedom of speech doesn't exist any longer in Turkey either.
    what comparing drug trafficking to mean words on the internet yeah I doubt that but I am not here to debate turkish nationalists I swear they are almost as bad as the russian trolls

We have this thing in the west called "freedom of speech" and "press freedom". We make fun of our royal family all the time, that's called banter, mate. However, Erdogan is something along the lines of a dictator (à la Franco) and will show you the hand of "justice" when you dare impede him.

Didn't someone get punished for insulting the royal family in Netherlands sometime ago?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I doubt that but I am not here to debate turkish nationalists I swear they are almost as bad as the russian trolls
    Brainwashed Jews are any better? TitanBread, Notter to name a few.

lol you cant even compare the two but thanks for showing us how little you know.
    Breaking the law in a country = prepare to get arrested, doesn't matter where you're originally from.

Yes, and in Turkey they have different limits on freedom of speech and press freedom than they have here. Guess what, just because you're from the west doesn't mean you carry your western laws with you when you travel. You have to adhere to the laws of whatever country you are physically in.

Also, in the Netherlands people also got into trouble for saying "fuck the king" or "Beatrix is a whore", so why should this idiot be allowed to say "fuck Erdogan" in Turkey and get away with it? Especially considering their laws are much stricter on these matters and she is fully aware of that as a so called "critic" of Erdogan.

Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    Somehow I doubt that.
    How am I supposed to prove it without just copying my passport with nothing censored on it (which I'm obviously not going to do due to privacy concerns)?

what comparing drug trafficking to mean words on the internet yeah I doubt that but I am not here to debate turkish nationalists I swear they are almost as bad as the russian trolls
    The law is the law. Just because drug trafficking is also considered a crime in the west while insulting Erdogan isn't (although it actually is as well seeing the recent issue in Germany and the Netherlands), doesn't mean we should be supporting someone who breaks the latter. Breaking the law = breaking the law. And that wasn't the point of me mentioning it anyway. My point was that having a Dutch nationality doesn't give you immunity from the law in foreign countries. All you can hope for is that they send you back to Holland and let Holland carry out the sentence for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Didn't someone get punished for insulting the royal family in Netherlands sometime ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Also, in the Netherlands people also got into trouble for saying "fuck the king" or "Beatrix is a whore", so why should this idiot be allowed to say "fuck Erdogan" in Turkey and get away with it? Especially considering their laws are much stricter on these matters and she is fully aware of that as a so called "critic" of Erdogan.
    http://www.metronieuws.nl/binnenland...fuck-de-koning

Yawn old news the guy did not get a sentence so try again.

Brainwashed Jews are any better? TitanBread, Notter to name a few.
    lmao me not agreeing to your non sense is brainwashed

lmao me not agreeing to your non sense is brainwashed
    You not agreeing with me is me being nationalist? Now I wonder if you are smart enough to see it in your own posts. You even claim that I say I am a Neo-Ottoman. You must be a real loser 'cus you actually spend effort to make shit up on a random forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    You not agreeing with me is me being nationalist? Now I wonder if you are smart enough to see it in your own posts. You even claim that I say I am a Neo-Ottoman. You must be a real loser 'cus you actually spend effort to make shit up on a random forum.
    somebody is triggered do you need a hug?

http://www.metronieuws.nl/binnenland...fuck-de-koning

Yawn old news the guy did not get a sentence so try again.
    Well, this idiot didn't get sentenced yet either so what's your point?

Also, that's just one case.

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/1177962/jo...-koningin.html

As you can see this one not only got arrested but at the end of the article you can see it was actually a reaction to someone else getting fined over it.

Btw more funny stuff:
    http://www.eo.nl/ditisdedag/radio/it...rike-geerdink/

For the people who can't read Dutch: last year a Dutch journalist who had been active for years in Eastern Turkey trying to support the Kurdish cause over there was kicked out of Turkey for her activities. The same idiot who is in trouble now, was stating "What are you doing there to begin with? Go away! If you're a journalist in Turkey you know you're at risk of ending up behind bars" and "The Kurds are not worth that to me". It seems she should've listened to her own advice.

somebody is triggered do you need a hug?
    --

ignore him hes a turkish nationalist who calls himself a neo ottoman so that should tell you enough.
    You are free to think I am a nationalist, but I never said I am Neo-Ottoman. The question is why you are making shit up? A weirdo making shit up on a random internet forum for unknown reasons... Trigger-worthy, I admit.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-24 at 04:53 PM.

I guess he does not want tourists to come
    acting like a dictator is not a smart move

7+ Year Old Account
    --
    You are free to think I am a nationalist, but I never said I am Neo-Ottoman. The question is why you are making shit up? A weirdo making shit up on a random internet forum for unknown reasons... Trigger-worthy, I admit.
    Yawn if you think petty name calling is gonna win you any favors then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Well, this idiot didn't get sentenced yet either so what's your point?

Also, that's just one case.

http://www.nu.nl/algemeen/1177962/jo...-koningin.html
    As you can see this one not only got arrested but at the end of the article you can see it was actually a reaction to someone else getting fined over it.
    Nobody really got in trouble as you would known if you read the whole thing you would also have noticed that the guy who did got fined also made threats of rape that is illegal doesnt matter if your the queen or joe everyguy from the street you are really grasping at straws.

and my point was that he will never get sentenced and it was thrown in a paper pile as most things do when the goverment wants to forget thing, come back when he does get punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    @Cybran

we need to unite!
    We finally have found something to share our hate with again, erdogan is bringing the east and west closer, is it his master plan?

edrogan really needs a bullet in his head

Nobody really got in trouble as you would known if you read the whole thing you would also have noticed that the guy who did got fined also made threats of rape that is illegal doesnt matter if your the queen or joe everyguy from the street you are really grasping at straws.
    That's a load of bullshit. He was fined for "majessteitsschennis" and not for threatening to rape. He wasn't threatening to rape her anyway, he just described what kind of sex he wanted to have with her and said that she would like it. Who's grasping at straws here?
    Last edited by Lesane; 2016-04-24 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    But when is Teeuwen getting that blowjob erdogan owes him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    But when is Teeuwen getting that blowjob erdogan owes him?
    The moment Hans Teeuwen starts being funny.

That means never.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's about time to send some of the turks back to their beloved homecountry

Yawn if you think petty name calling is gonna win you any favors then try again.
    I genuinely wonder the motivation and psychology behind such action. It does seem pathologic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Europe needs Turkey at the moment consider the ongoing Syrian crisis.
    Why? We can just lock down our border with Turkey and leave them to deal with the problem.

We would like to work with Turkey because it makes it all a lot easier, and because then its still not directly our problem and our borders but Turkeys.
    However with the increasing paranoia of Erdogan one has to wonder if the cost of working with him is not becoming to great.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Why? We can just lock down our border with Turkey and leave them to deal with the problem.

We would like to work with Turkey because it makes it all a lot easier, and because then its still not directly our problem and our borders but Turkeys.
    However with the increasing paranoia of Erdogan one has to wonder if the cost of working with him is not becoming to great.
    Then even more boats will arrive upon the Greek coasts. And probably all the Syrian refugees that are in Turkey right now will be send along with them. But that's a guessing game.

I do agree on your last sentence and maybe it's already too great.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro