Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kel'thuzad comes back, goes talk to Bolvar, Bolvar kills him and uses his power to ress Galakrond.
    Then he goes east, creates an ice bridge thing which takes him to a new continent (there's a piece of land there that didn't become part of any know continent).

A man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    He's not though, his phylactery has been missing and has been referenced as missing within the game multiple times (most recent was WOTLK). The foreshadowing is real. You can claim that "that's the end of it" , all you want, but that doesn't make it true.
    However, I believe when he was "killed" in the original Naxxramas, a traitor in the Argent Dawn took his phylactery to Northrend, and I believe there he was resurrected by the Lich King personally.

This suggests that even though his phylactery may still be out there, he can only come back if Bolvar resurrects him. Which he has little reason for doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    However, I believe when he was "killed" in the original Naxxramas, a traitor in the Argent Dawn took his phylactery to Northrend, and I believe there he was resurrected by the Lich King personally.

This suggests that even though his phylactery may still be out there, he can only come back if Bolvar resurrects him. Which he has little reason for doing.
    Yes, Inigo (Thel'Zan) stole the phylactery, but why would KT only be able to be rezzed by Bolar? There are plenty of the Cult of the Damned out there loyal to their master. If they had his phylactery, what's to stop them? Rezzing him shouldn't be as big of a feat as turning him into a lich (sunwell)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Kel'thuzad comes back, goes talk to Bolvar, Bolvar kills him and uses his power to ress Galakrond.
    Then he goes east, creates an ice bridge thing which takes him to a new continent (there's a piece of land there that didn't become part of any know continent).

A man can dream.
    Kel'thuzad isnt stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Yes, Inigo (Thel'Zan) stole the phylactery, but why would KT only be able to be rezzed by Bolar? There are plenty of the Cult of the Damned out there loyal to their master. If they had his phylactery, what's to stop them? Rezzing him shouldn't be as big of a feat as turning him into a lich (sunwell)
    I dunno, I thought I read somewhere that the Lich King personally resurrected Kel'Thuzad, but now I can't find it anymore. Maybe he can be resurrected by ordinary necromancers. Although in that case I do wonder why it took them so long to bring him back the first time.

Deleted
    He's not though, his phylactery has been missing and has been referenced as missing within the game multiple times (most recent was WOTLK). The foreshadowing is real. You can claim that "that's the end of it" , all you want, but that doesn't make it true.
    NO if you read ANYHTING of what i wrote. You are rigt, but why use any of it. I started like that just to "That is what blizzard thinks" and what they will do. He wont be back, but good job takeing the first part and useing it like it was all. SO in case you dont want to reread, or read in the first place. HE COULD come back, but he wont, blizzard do this all the time, he is just a "it could happend" Like neptulon in vashj'ir it could happen but wont.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    NO if you read ANYHTING of what i wrote. You are rigt, but why use any of it. I started like that just to "That is what blizzard thinks" and what they will do. He wont be back, but good job takeing the first part and useing it like it was all. SO in case you dont want to reread, or read in the first place. HE COULD come back, but he wont, blizzard do this all the time, he is just a "it could happend" Like neptulon in vashj'ir it could happen but wont.
    Maybe YOU need to go back and reread your own post, because NOWHERE within that horribly written spill of words did you say anything about "this is what blizzard thinks", you came out with baseless claims and conjecture and added a tone of surety that you have absolutely no barring OR EVIDENCE to backup. That's what I take issue with, and my response was based in the LORE that you incorrectly referenced. I responded with what we already KNOW is factual, I have no idea what you "meant" to say or forgot to actually write in your first post. I can't read minds.

Whether or not it happens, is up to blizzard, but you can't sit here and say "Neptulon didn't happen so KT won't happen". Neptulon is NOWHERE NEAR the same level of lore charater as Kel'Thuzad, and Abyssal Depths was scrapped because it didn't fit in theme with the overall tone of Cataclysm. They weren't both scrapped just for the hell of it.

Neptulon comes back in Legion . Just because something doesn't happen right away doesn't mean it won't happen eventually.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Abyssal Maw fit perfectly with the theme of Cataclysm. Why does an underwater 5-man dungeon fit but not an underwater raid? It was scrapped because of Firelands, pure and simple.

KT is hiding and won't ever show up until blizz thinks otherwise, think about Mal'Ganis' revenge plans.

A Lich with his phylactery does not need to be resurrected, a new body will form given the time to it. Maybe the LK rezzed him personally, because he was too impatient to wait?

Since Blizz clearly copy pasted from D&D Lore this is the way it should be with Lichs.

So he is all well and scheming, hiding and waiting for this turn that may or may not ever come, in the meanwhile he is sending mates like Ephial to do the dirty work.(cause who else did, otherwise?!)

Sad thing with the lost neptulon raid, still angers me to this day and firelands was not the reason to scrap it, it was MOP, it also explained the crappy 5mans and DW raid.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-04-25 at 08:08 AM.

You are forgetting one thing - We still don't know what happened to Arthas body and Kel is still missing, this could be an interesting twist as the cult of the damned have their agents everywhere

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    You are forgetting one thing - We still don't know what happened to Arthas body and Kel is still missing, this could be an interesting twist as the cult of the damned have their agents everywhere
    indeed.. the mystery continues ..

- - - Updated - - -

yes .. his essence wasn't found yet

The Abyssal Maw fit perfectly with the theme of Cataclysm. Why does an underwater 5-man dungeon fit but not an underwater raid? It was scrapped because of Firelands, pure and simple.
    It was also scrapped because the majority of players absolutely hated underwater gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    KT could definitely come back. Nobody ever found that Phylactery. He did previously serve the Legion, though he eventually decided his loyalty to the Lich King was greater. We could conceivably see him in Legion. Wouldn't be the first time that Kil'Jaeden captured an old ally, tortured him, and forced them to do his bidding again. That said if they were going to do it I'd have thrown him in as the final boss of Assault on Violet Hold attempting to free former agents of the Scourge. He'd be empowered by the Legion, naturally. Fel'Thuzad.
    Kel'thuzad would work with the cult of the damned to bring back the glory of the scourge as an independant army.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should the cult of the damned oppose Bolvar? He IS the lich king now. And the cult eventually serves him, not KT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Why should the cult of the damned oppose Bolvar? He IS the lich king now. And the cult eventually serves him, not KT.
    no , the cult of the damned doesn't serve Bolvar. They are now independant from the new lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    It was also scrapped because the majority of players absolutely hated underwater gameplay.
    The majority of players are whiny bitches. Vashj'ir was the best zone of Cataclysm. But God forbid Blizzard tries to do something new, can't do that without everyone's jimmies getting rustled. All the other zones in Cataclysm aside from Hyjal were boring as shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    The majority of players are whiny bitches. Vashj'ir was the best zone of Cataclysm. But God forbid Blizzard tries to do something new, can't do that without everyone's jimmies getting rustled. All the other zones in Cataclysm aside from Hyjal were boring as shit.
    you guys are talking about something not related to the topic.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    has Kel his essence ever been found? we do not know.
    Not in the story IIRC, we killed him in vanilla and took his phylactery which instead of destroying we handed into an Argent Dawn NPC for sweet epix (Father Inigo Montoy, yes it's a Princess Bride reference) he then turned out to be a double agent and returned it to the Lich King. In WotLK we killed Montoy (now a lich named Thel'zan the Duskbringer) and then went to Naxxramas (again) to kill the now re-lich'd Kel'Thuzad (again) however this time his Phylactery wasn't on him.

The was a rumour that the [Phylactery of the Nameless Lich] drop from Sindragosa was his, as her carrying it was second only to the LK carrying it himself, however nothing was ever confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Not in the story IIRC, we killed him in vanilla and took his phylactery which instead of destroying we handed into an Argent Dawn NPC for sweet epix (Father Inigo Montoy, yes it's a Princess Bride reference) he then turned out to be a double agent and returned it to the Lich King. In WotLK we killed Montoy (now a lich named Thel'zan the Duskbringer) and then went to Naxxramas (again) to kill the now re-lich'd Kel'Thuzad (again) however this time his Phylactery wasn't on him.

The was a rumour that the [Phylactery of the Nameless Lich] drop from Sindragosa was his, as her carrying it was second only to the LK carrying it himself, however nothing was ever confirmed.
    that phylactery might belong to the female Lich (the 2nd boss in ICC ).

I'm always pro reuse of villains whenever it fits. Much like how comics never truly kill off their heroes and villains. Maybe it's growing up with Marvel comics where the villains always find a way back to life or break out of jail. When Blizzard creates a good villain with a rich history in Warcraft lore killing them off dead for good by a bunch of unnamed heroes leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame Deathwing is dead as dead is possible in the WoW universe - he had a lot of wasted potential.