Poll: Are you offended?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    You'd have to jump through some hoops to find that offensive. Seems everything posted by anyone ever is offensive nowadays.
    Couldn't help myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yeah, how dare they complain about people getting upset when you try to make money off of the death of their beloved artist.
    Therein lies the problem. If you get that fucking caught up with someone you don't know and will probably never meet, you're starting the race of stupidity with a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's not up to you to decide what is infantile and pathetic.
    It's sure the hell is. This is my goddamned world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I guess people can be offended over anything these days.
    No matter what you do or say, someone, somewhere, is somehow offended.
    Putin khuliyo

it's poor taste and obviously a marketing move

not enough to make me angry, but maybe enough for a disapproving facial expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    it's poor taste and obviously a marketing move
    Why does it obviously have to be a marketing move? Couldn't the little Cheerio just be a way to say "from Cheerios" without making it sound like a douche-y marketing thing?

I didn't interpret it as marketing at all and honestly I don't understand how it could be interpreted as such. I highly doubt people read that tweet and thought, "oh wow Prince died...and I'm out of Cheerios, better go to the store."

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheeri-oh-my-god.

These people are almost as stupid as me starting off with "Cheeri-oh-my-god."

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why does it obviously have to be a marketing move? Couldn't the little Cheerio just be a way to say "from Cheerios" without making it sound like a douche-y marketing thing?

I didn't interpret it as marketing at all and honestly I don't understand how it could be interpreted as such. I highly doubt people read that tweet and thought, "oh wow Prince died...and I'm out of Cheerios, better go to the store."
    It's a marketing move because it's a company using their twitter with branding to capitalize on a popular event.

If it wasn't marketing you'd simply have anyone working at the company that happens to love prince posting on whatever their personal social accounts are. "Cheerios" doesn't love prince because it's a cereal.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-04-24 at 10:38 PM.

Have these fans ever heard of tributes?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Cheerios shouldn't have taken the tweet down. Quit giving in to the thin-skinned.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am triggered because clearly it is a regular cheerio. who is that sick and twisted to eat boring old cheerios when there is the goodness that is peanut butter cheerios? also that the color is purple.FUCK PURPLE. orange master color!
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-04-25 at 03:41 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Unfortunately we live in a world where it has become very fashionable to find new ways to become outraged and offended over things that are ultimately very trivial. The people getting up in arms over this would be better off spending their time being productive and genuinely working to make the world a better place in the process.

Many forms of social media are have simply become a very toxic environment where even people who mean well can be assaulted over imaginary slights.

It's in poor taste. Very poor taste. But it doesn't offend me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nothing offensive, and I don't think people are offended, they are just outraged at how blatantly open marketing people are in their EVIL ways. Exploiting the death of a celebrity to KACHING.
    Prince was born in the state GM operates... its clearly a tribute... as if seeing that would get people to suddenly stop what they are doing to go buy cheerios.

I bet, just like that Protein World hilariousness, Cheerios is probably going to sell far more boxes precisely because people raised a stink over this. When, if it was ignored, it would have just passed by and no one would pay anymore attention than they did before.

Anyway, I'd like to know what the alternative is? The only reason anyone knows the image has a Cheerio is because it's attached to the Cheerio Twitter account. So I suppose the image could have been posted without a Cheerio...but it is still attached to the Cheerio Twitter account...so it is in no way any less marketing... So if anything, what the "outraged Prince fans" are saying is: If you are a brand, you have no right to pay your respects to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    whats supposed to be offensive about it?
    They are using his death as a way to advertise. People are making a much larger deal about this entire thing, they shouldn't have dotted the i with a cheerio and made it seem like a shitty advertisement.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    brb going out to buy peanut butter cheerios just to make the angry people even MORE angry and butthurt.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    brb going out to buy peanut butter cheerios just to make the angry people even MORE angry and butthurt.
    http://www.cheerios.com/en/Articles/...-Cheerios.aspx

Haven't eaten Cheerios in years, intrigued by the "Dulce de Leche" variety in the list...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fucking kidding me? People got offended by this?

Please, give me addresses. I'll go stock up on ammo. These people clearly are too offended to live. We need to fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Do you find the tweet offensive?
    No. They basically said what they wanted to say and that's it.
    It would have been entirely different if they said Cheerio... Then it would be hilarious.

People need to stop being se fucking anal about things. An artist's death shouldn't be mourned, his life should be celebrated.